ADVERTISEMENT

@davidallen, Please Allow Me To Ask You Again

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
When OSHA “authors a workplace safety requirement” upon order of the president, in your opinion would that be considered a mandate? If an edict to a section of the citizenry issued by a government agency under order from the president is not a mandate, what is it, and how is it different from a mandate?

I asked this in a previous thread but you apparently were distracted by more pressing issues and didn’t see the question. So I thought I’d ask again in a fresh thread because I honestly would like to hear your answer.

We must understand that leftist do not hold individual freedom in high regard, they actually despise it. In their mind everything is about the collective. If it is good for the group the individual can go to hell.

When OSHA “authors a workplace safety requirement” upon order of the president, in your opinion would that be considered a mandate? If an edict to a section of the citizenry issued by a government agency under order from the president is not a mandate, what is it, and how is it different from a mandate?

I asked this in a previous thread but you apparently were distracted by more pressing issues and didn’t see the question. So I thought I’d ask again in a fresh thread because I honestly would like to hear your answer.
"workplace safety requirement"

That help? Maybe a more succinct adjective will help…. “Workplace testing requirement?”

If you are hung up on the difference between requirement and mandate do realize they are synonyms. If you want to use the phrase “OSHA’s soon to be announced workplace testing mandate” that would seem correct to me.

Last edited:
"workplace safety requirement"

That help? Maybe a more succinct adjective will help…. “Workplace testing requirement?”

If you are hung up on the difference between requirement and mandate do realize they are synonyms. If you want to use the phrase “OSHA’s soon to be announced workplace testing mandate” that would seem correct to me.
Thank you. I’m curious why you so vehemently argued against calling it a mandate when the issue first came up.

Did I? I think you might have misunderstood. I have contended it isn’t a vaccination mandate. See the difference?
Oh, yes, I see. You were playing the Bill Clinton “depends on what the meaning of is is” semantics game.

Huh, would’ve thought you could appreciate the difference between a forced vax and a snot swab.
A forced (mandated) vax and a forced (mandated) “snot swab” are inextricably tied together by the force (mandate). I would think anybody with functioning brain cells could see the connection.

Reactions: Medic007
A forced (mandated) vax and a forced (mandated) “snot swab” are inextricably tied together by the force (mandate). I would think anybody with functioning brain cells could see the connection.
Any zealot? Do you get this worked up over hard hats? Steel toed boots? Remember Dan - Click It or Ticket!

Any zealot? Do you get this worked up over hard hats? Steel toed boots? Remember Dan - Click It or Ticket!
Curious who you think the zealot is. You’re the one cheering the forced (mandated) activities government requires of citizens in the name of protecting us from ourselves, and playing semantic games in an attempt to hide the nature of what it means to liberty. I’m the one that just wants to be left alone.

Curious who you think the zealot is. You’re the one cheering the forced (mandated) activities government requires of citizens in the name of protecting us from ourselves, and playing semantic games in an attempt to hide the nature of what it means to liberty. I’m the one that just wants to be left alone.

How do you make it through a day given the oppression you must feel? You can't even take a shit without the man telling you how much water you can flush with.

How do you make it through a day given the oppression you must feel? You can't even take a shit without the man telling you how much water you can flush with.
An authoritarian act is an act of authoritarianism regardless of its degree of viciousness. Things are what they are. You’re the philosophy student, aren’t you? Remember what Aristotle taught? “A is A”

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT