ADVERTISEMENT

David James

Wrassler223

Recruit
Nov 22, 2015
Long time UCO coach David James has been let go as of last week. He put together a stellar career over there and I wish him nothing but the best in the future. He still plays a role at the University. I was told he was going to be the Assistant Athletic Director. That's cool that you university didn't just fire him and say see ya but is actually allowing this long time UCO legend to remain around the program.

Who gets hired next?
Heard names such as Casy Rowell, Chris Watson and Matt Surber

It seems like the top candidate would be a current college assistant who has had some recent success.. What about the current coach at NEO? He has coached several JC National championship teams and won the NAIA championship this past year. He seems like he has a system going.. Lightner seems to have had success with the guys he has worked with, but what about everyone else at the other weights? Whoever takes over this program has a lot of work ahead of them and if I were on the selection committee, I would want to hear a honest assessment of the current roster and detailed plan on how things are going to improve. At this point, the roster seems full of guys with great high school accomplishments that are either unwilling to put the work in necessary to win a national title OR guys that want to win and are not being given the tools to do so. Either way the blame rests with the person who has allowed people to just exist and eat up scholarship money or hasn't given the support and leadership to those that want it.

My little brother wrestled for coach James. Was an all American for him. He wants Kyle Evans to take over. Evans has been DJ's assistant for the last three years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT