ADVERTISEMENT

David Allen has passed away

Now we’ll never know if e-airlines (drones excluded) will ever meet his stated goals.

They should have a parade in Cushing in his honor when the new oil complex is complete, if that hasn’t died as well

I’m still kinda shocked about this after @The Duke shared the news last night.

I never met Dave in person but had tried to arrange something several times. I saw him mention a couple weeks ago that he would be in Denver over the weekend and I never got around to DM-ing him and asking if he could meet somewhere for a drink.

I would have loved to talk shop with him and learn how he managed to build that treehouse.

Just sucks. ☹️

And I won’t lie, this prompted me to reread the results of my heart and lung scan last winter just to make sure I didn’t misunderstand any of the recommendations.

Lastly, I thought Dave’s kids were older but it sounds like they are both still teenagers. Just very sad.

A message on the pay board from longtime family friend @The Duke that our 24/7 pal @davidallen has passed away today.

I know we all have our spirited debates here. In fact he and I disagreed almost all the time on politics. Nevertheless he was a good guy with a great sense of humor.

He will be missed.

Keep his family and close friends in your prayers during this time of loss.
Sorry to hear that. Most of us are in that age group.

Reactions: AC2020
Lost my Dad when I was 20 in 1987 he was 49 when he passed away, I can relate and feel sad for those kids.
Personally I have never gotten over it. I hope they can but its not easy.
My father died at 75 from Leukemia. He left me with 1 million unaswered questions. He never ever bothered to mention he was a tri-racial. I had to learn all of this mess all by myself. He never bothered to tell us why he
looked so different than the rest of us. My mother was also tight lipped.

It was a black security guard in Atlanta who explained to me why my Irish mother frowned on me sitting on the porch swing in southeast Lawton with the original Whitney Houston.

Lost my Dad when I was 20 in 1987 he was 49 when he passed away, I can relate and feel sad for those kids.
Personally I have never gotten over it. I hope they can but its not easy.

Lost my Dad to lung/brain cancer when I was 15. I don't think anyone ever "truly" gets over such a loss but hope for the best for his family.

Lost my Dad to lung/brain cancer when I was 15. I don't think anyone ever "truly" gets over such a loss but hope for the best for his family.

JB I meant it was hard for me to get over it as my Dad took his own life. I should have clarified. That said its hard losing a Parent at any age really, especially when you are young. Now that I am older I really wish I could sit down with him, have a cold one and just chat and get to know him better than I did at 20 yrs old.
Wish the same for David's kids as well and you. Sorry for your loss bro at such a young age.

I waited a couple of days before responding to this gut-punch of a thread. Not that you all were anxiously waiting or care what I have to say. I just didn't know what to say. This is my goodbye to David.

Up until now, all my talking about David’s passing has been between me and the Lord. I am very sad, and sad for his family. I’ve thought a lot about David these past days. This thread confirms what I had already believed about him, that while he certainly had his own firm beliefs about life (as we all do), his online persona was him mostly having fun – pulling people’s chains. He really knew how to fish for the big ones.

If 24/7 Politics had a theater marquee, it would be starring David Allen. That is how big David was around here. What a tremendous loss, but what an unfathomable loss to his family, friends and business associates. The guy’s bio is nothing short of impressive. I’m glad I was able to personally acknowledge that to him a while back.

@The Duke and others here that knew him outside of this message board, I’m very sorry.

To everyone on this board, and yes, I mean everyone; some I agree with, others I don’t, some I’d like to high-five, others I’d like to shoot in the keister with my Bug-A-Salt gun… …when it all comes down to it, I’d help any of you. I already felt that way, but that's also in David's honor. Remember the brevity of life. We all need God’s mercy, grace and pardon.

I’m blessed to be able to spend one on one time with my son. We are out Dove hunting this weekend just he and I. Very special to be able to do that. Sat watching football drinking beer and talking last night till 1:00AM. If I go anytime soon at least he and I both can say we had a special relationship that was bigger than just dad and son. Means the world to me.

I waited a couple of days before responding to this gut-punch of a thread. Not that you all were anxiously waiting or care what I have to say. I just didn't know what to say. This is my goodbye to David.

Up until now, all my talking about David’s passing has been between me and the Lord. I am very sad, and sad for his family. I’ve thought a lot about David these past days. This thread confirms what I had already believed about him, that while he certainly had his own firm beliefs about life (as we all do), his online persona was him mostly having fun – pulling people’s chains. He really knew how to fish for the big ones.

If 24/7 Politics had a theater marquee, it would be starring David Allen. That is how big David was around here. What a tremendous loss, but what an unfathomable loss to his family, friends and business associates. The guy’s bio is nothing short of impressive. I’m glad I was able to personally acknowledge that to him a while back.

@The Duke and others here that knew him outside of this message board, I’m very sorry.

To everyone on this board, and yes, I mean everyone; some I agree with, others I don’t, some I’d like to high-five, others I’d like to shoot in the keister with my Bug-A-Salt gun… …when it all comes down to it, I’d help any of you. I already felt that way, but that's also in David's honor. Remember the brevity of life. We all need God’s mercy, grace and pardon.

Well said brother.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT