ADVERTISEMENT

David Allen has passed away

AC2020

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2020
Parts unknown
A message on the pay board from longtime family friend @The Duke that our 24/7 pal @davidallen has passed away today.

I know we all have our spirited debates here. In fact he and I disagreed almost all the time on politics. Nevertheless he was a good guy with a great sense of humor.

He will be missed.

Keep his family and close friends in your prayers during this time of loss.

Last edited:
Gone too soon. One of the best TV dad's of all time.

b6e753ff-7d16-435b-a30c-711593d1b3de.gif

Man that’s terrible news.
I feel like a real ass as I never had a good word for him or his hubris.
Really illustrates how close we all are, only one breath away from eternity.
Prayers to his family. Hopefully they can get the heck away from the crap hole that is Portland

Reactions: SUPERPOKES
Well that sucks. I didn't agree with much of anything he ever said and his board persona was a tad bit on the sanctimonious side but I enjoyed the banter. Thoughts and prayers for him and his family. RIP Dave, you will be missed.

A message on the pay board from longtime family friend @The Duke that our 24/7 pal @davidallen has passed away today.

I know we all have our spirited debates here. In fact he and I disagreed almost all the time on politics. Nevertheless he was a good guy with a great sense of humor.

He will be missed.

Keep his family and close friends in your prayers during this time of loss.
I hold tremendous respect and admiration for Dave. No doubt Dave today sits in his assigned seat at the Medicine Lodge of the Great Father.

Something many of you didn't know, David and I were talking about starting a political humor podcast, with each of us on opposite sides.

Was going to be a little more difficult with us thousands of miles apart, but we were going to try to make it happen. All the smart-guy tech stuff would have happened on his end. Those of you familiar with him knew that he was incredibly talented and very smart.

This one hit me pretty hard boys.

The persona that he created of himself on this board drove me crazy. He presented himself as haughty and arrogant, absolutely convinced he was smarter and richer than anyone else, and he felt it was his duty to belittle those who disagreed with him, that he knew things no one else knew and that's what made him better than the rest of us.

I reacted by creating my own persona of him, the rich kid whose Mama got him his start, lived the comfortably smug country club lifetstyle whose only connection with any person of color was through his superior interaction of dealing with them as his servants. It made him so mad he said he'd never speak to me again, and true to his character he never did.

But the truth was I always believed if we met and knew each other as who we really were, not the characters we pretend to be on this board, we would become friends. I'm sorry that never happened. I'm gonna miss the guy even though he wouldn't talk to me.

Does anyone know where I can send flowers and condolences?

This is terrible news.

He was the only person on here that ‘liked’ my posts.
That should tell you something. :)

With one exception I think everyone on this board including Dave (RIP) would get along and have a blast with each other. While we may disagree politically we all have the same goal in mind and that's good enough to form a bond.

The persona that he created of himself on this board drove me crazy. He presented himself as haughty and arrogant, absolutely convinced he was smarter and richer than anyone else, and he felt it was his duty to belittle those who disagreed with him, that he knew things no one else knew and that's what made him better than the rest of us.

I reacted by creating my own persona of him, the rich kid whose Mama got him his start, lived the comfortably smug country club lifetstyle whose only connection with any person of color was through his superior interaction of dealing with them as his servants. It made him so mad he said he'd never speak to me again, and true to his character he never did.

But the truth was I always believed if we met and knew each other as who we really were, not the characters we pretend to be on this board, we would become friends. I'm sorry that never happened. I'm gonna miss the guy even though he wouldn't talk to me.

Does anyone know where I can send flowers and condolences?
Someone I have gotten to know on this board a few months ago said people don't understand someone's board persona is usually way different than who they are in life and not to be taken seriously, if you actually knew them. I think their is a ton of truth to that and something I never thought about. I also think on these boards we don't know all the time when someone is serious and is trolling or just jerking your chain. It reminds me of the back and forth a tight football locker room had, or decades ago an audit team traveling around the country together spending more time on the road than with family. Man we could dish it out, it was all for fun and no one got hurt feelings.

Written words also come with no facial expressions or body language. You don't know who is writing them. You don't always know if they are serious or not. I believe all of us troll at times and that is part of the fun.

My life has not exactly been a bed of roses, so void of facial expressions, body language, and not knowing the person, I can take things on a board too seriously because life for me has been serious. A blind spot for me for sure and something I have failed at times to control.

Family can fight like the dickens, but someone outside the family attacks them you will fight to the death for them. Dave to me was part of this board community and family.

I have had my share of back forth on this Board with a few members, but I can guarantee if someone needed my help and it was something I could help them with I would.

Boards are ripe for creating anger and hate. I am embarrassed to say due to how my mom died and other random things that have happened within my family, for a time period I was very angry at god. Lasted about 2 years. I learned at age 30 a very important life lesson, forgiveness and acceptance might be the most powerful way one can free themselves mentally and remove anger and hate, and replace with love and compassion. Life is so much better filled with hope, optimism, compassion, and love.

At times I fail at that, but I do eventually find my way. Life is too short to live in constant anger or hate, it will absolutely consume you and make your life miserable. I know, I was there for 2 painful years. Thankfully I pulled myself out of that myself. God I think had a part in that.

David was part of my family thru this Board, and we took shots at each other at times. It was fun and possibly at times things could be taken too seriously. I would like to think had he PM'd me and needed my help he knew I would, I certainly would have for him and I know he would have for me, I know that is who he was.

I am 62, I think we are close in age. For many reasons I took this really hard last night.

RIP Dave.

Last edited:
Something many of you didn't know, David and I were talking about starting a political humor podcast, with each of us on opposite sides.

Was going to be a little more difficult with us thousands of miles apart, but we were going to try to make it happen. All the smart-guy tech stuff would have happened on his end. Those of you familiar with him knew that he was incredibly talented and very smart.

This one hit me pretty hard boys.

Yep, this one hit different.

I liked taking the piss outta Dave.

I hope he didn’t take it to hard when God told him I was right.

I know Dave is getting a good laugh knowing how this crap hit me.

I am 62, I think we are close in age. For many reasons I took this really hard last night.
I looked for an obit and ended up at his linked in page. He graduated HS in ‘82, and OSU in ‘86. That would put him at 59, give or take, so yes, y’all were pretty close in age.

A girl from our dorm lost her husband to a heart attack a few years ago. Tulsa lawyer, age 59.

Same here. 56 and seeing a lot of guys I know close to my age either dying or having heart problems. One friend was just recently diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure, he is about 62 or 63.
Hit me hard last night and in disbelief today as well. Never know when your number will be called.

Same here. 56 and seeing a lot of guys I know close to my age either dying or having heart problems. One friend was just recently diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure, he is about 62 or 63.
Hit me hard last night and in disbelief today as well. Never know when your number will be called.
And don’t forget Mike Leach (61). The more of these I see, the more I realize that Bob Stoops made the right call retiring in his mid 50s.

Someone I have gotten to know on this board a few months ago said people don't understand someone's board persona is usually way different than who they are in life and not to be taken seriously, if you actually knew them. I think their is a ton of truth to that and something I never thought about. I also think on these boards we don't know all the time when someone is serious and is trolling or just jerking your chain. It reminds me of the back and forth a tight football locker room had, or decades ago an audit team traveling around the country together spending more time on the road than with family. Man we could dish it out, it was all for fun and no one got hurt feelings.

Written words also come with no facial expressions or body language. You don't know who is writing them. You don't always know if they are serious or not. I believe all of us troll at times and that is part of the fun.

My life has not exactly been a bed of roses, so void of facial expressions, body language, and not knowing the person, I can take things on a board too seriously because life for me has been serious. A blind spot for me for sure and something I have failed at times to control.

Family can fight like the dickens, but someone outside the family attacks them you will fight to the death for them. Dave to me was part of this board community and family.

I have had my share of back forth on this Board with a few members, but I can guarantee if someone needed my help and it was something I could help them with I would.

Boards are ripe for creating anger and hate. I am embarrassed to say due to how my mom died and other random things that have happened within my family, for a time period I was very angry at god. Lasted about 2 years. I learned at age 30 a very important life lesson, forgiveness and acceptance might be the most powerful way one can free themselves mentally and remove anger and hate, and replace with love and compassion. Life is so much better filled with hope, optimism, compassion, and love.

At times I fail at that, but I do eventually find my way. Life is too short to live in constant anger or hate, it will absolutely consume you and make your life miserable. I know, I was there for 2 painful years. Thankfully I pulled myself out of that myself. God I think had a part in that.

David was part of my family thru this Board, and we took shots at each other at times. It was fun and possibly at times things could be taken too seriously. I would like to think had he PM'd me and needed my help he knew I would, I certainly would have for him and I know he would have for me, I know that is who he was.

RIP Dave.
What I posted on the pay board.

I corresponded off the board quite a bit with David and gave him plenty of crap for his on board persona. He was definitely playing a character on the board that he wasn’t in real life. He will be missed.

What I posted on the pay board.

I always hoped to meet David at some point. I’m glad I had the same perception of him that many experienced face to face. A man that could drop one difference and have a few drinks talking about the things that make us the same. My loss.

Man that’s terrible news.
I feel like a real ass as I never had a good word for him or his hubris.
Really illustrates how close we all are, only one breath away from eternity.
Prayers to his family. Hopefully they can get the heck away from the crap hole that is Portland

Don't sweat it G-man. Dave would be the first to tell you and he said it many times, you better have thick skin if you are going to post here. Dave had some thick skin, I think he laughed just as much as we did or more when jabbed.
I have said it before and will say it again, you cannot take things too personal or too serious what you read on a message board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT