ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboy RTC and the next quad

Do we have any shot at getting Marcus Blaze?
depends on who you talk to. Some people inside OSU say we are right there in the final 3 and it's anyone's guess. Everyone else says no.

I think the little back and forth between Gilman and him was interesting. I have no idea what was said but it looked pretty comfortable.

I wonder what effect having Daton and RBY at the RTC has on Blaze’s decision. It used to be that having high-level training partners was important for recruits, but now the top high schoolers are already competing for senior teams and they might see the RTC guys as competition to train against not with. I don’t see any 61kg challengers for Blaze at Penn St or Ohio St, but they do still have great training partners one weight removed.

I wonder what effect having Daton and RBY at the RTC has on Blaze’s decision. It used to be that having high-level training partners was important for recruits, but now the top high schoolers are already competing for senior teams and they might see the RTC guys as competition to train against not with. I don’t see any 61kg challengers for Blaze at Penn St or Ohio St, but they do still have great training partners one weight removed.
How long is Blaze going to be at 61? I have no idea but if he is going to grow at all 61 might not be his long term home. I think RBY is actually a great asset. You get a world-class training partner at your weight who really isn't competition for a team spot.

My big thing with Blaze is that I'm sure he'll want to transition to 65kg eventually. Between, Gilman, Daton and RBY, OSU could absolutely make better and theres no conflict w/ another 65kg guy n the room. Can that be said at psu w/ Bartlett or Nick Lee? Ohio state has Mendez at 65kg which is a conflict. Just thinking out loud.

Worst negative about OSU and everyone knows it is location. I think they want to stay close to home and probably his brother at Purdue.

How long is Blaze going to be at 61? I have no idea but if he is going to grow at all 61 might not be his long term home. I think RBY is actually a great asset. You get a world-class training partner at your weight who really isn't competition for a team spot.
DID YOU JUST READ MY MIND? What the hell? In my defense I started my post 15 mins ago but got busy at the shop, so there!

depends on who you talk to. Some people inside OSU say we are right there in the final 3 and it's anyone's guess. Everyone else says no.

I think the little back and forth between Gilman and him was interesting. I have no idea what was said but it looked pretty comfortable.
Is there a video of this?

Reactions: AtownPoke
My big thing with Blaze is that I'm sure he'll want to transition to 65kg eventually. Between, Gilman, Daton and RBY, OSU could absolutely make better and theres no conflict w/ another 65kg guy n the room. Can that be said at psu w/ Bartlett or Nick Lee? Ohio state has Mendez at 65kg which is a conflict. Just thinking out loud.

Worst negative about OSU and everyone knows it is location. I think they want to stay close to home and probably his brother at Purdue.
The life of a college kid revolves around his campus, friends, and teammates. That could be almost anywhere without really mattering. The town or state it is in many times is irrelevant. For crying out loud Iowa is in the middle of cornfields and kids from all over go to school there.
I do not know anything about the campus life or atmosphere of OSU, but its location can be overcome by a thriving and exciting campus and a good culture on the team.

The life of a college kid revolves around his campus, friends, and teammates. That could be almost anywhere without really mattering. The town or state it is in many times is irrelevant. For crying out loud Iowa is in the middle of cornfields and kids from all over go to school there.
I do not know anything about the campus life or atmosphere of OSU, but its location can be overcome by a thriving and exciting campus and a good culture on the team.
I agree with this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT