ADVERTISEMENT

Comrade Sanders' Executive Order Agenda

Sanders is a communist. This is not wave mechanics. There's nothing hard here. Most here get it. Most of us here spend considerable time thinking about thinking. A handful of us are incapable.
The point that seems to be missed by some on this board is that a communist President Sanders has been given the green light by Donald Trump and the Republicans to pull the same stunt because Trump set a precedent. Many on this board applauded Trump for his action, seemingly not realizing what goes around comes around. Allowing “our” president to set a dangerous precedent may very well come back to bite all of us in the ass.

The point that seems to be missed by some on this board is that a communist President Sanders has been given the green light by Donald Trump and the Republicans to pull the same stunt because Trump set a precedent. Many on this board applauded Trump for his action, seemingly not realizing what goes around comes around. Allowing “our” president to set a dangerous precedent may very well come back to bite all of us in the ass.
Stop it. This is problem created by both parties over the last 50 years. Not simply Trump in the last 5.

In Trump’s defense, Congress hasn’t been doing their job for years so now the POTUS and the SCOTUS run the country without an effective legislature.

Stop it. This is problem created by both parties over the last 50 years. Not simply Trump in the last 5.
I don’t dispute that both parties are as corrupt and wicked, each one setting precedents for the other to follow. Remember Harry Reid instituting the “nuclear option,” as the Republicans howled in fury. Mitch McConnell got payback once he assumed power. I could be wrong - I frequently am - but I believe Trump is the first President to exercise his EO under the “national defense” excuse. So now if Sanders wins the election (God help us!) he can call combating global warming to be a national defense policy, essentially giving him authority to mandate damned near anything he wants. Those who cheered when Trump did it, because they wanted the wall so badly they couldn’t wait for our legislative bodies to give the green light now face the possibility that a Democrat president will do the same thing to institute a policy they utterly despise. IMO it was a very bad, very dangerous move for DJT to make.

I don’t dispute that both parties are as corrupt and wicked, each one setting precedents for the other to follow. Remember Harry Reid instituting the “nuclear option,” as the Republicans howled in fury. Mitch McConnell got payback once he assumed power. I could be wrong - I frequently am - but I believe Trump is the first President to exercise his EO under the “national defense” excuse. So now if Sanders wins the election (God help us!) he can call combating global warming to be a national defense policy, essentially giving him authority to mandate damned near anything he wants. Those who cheered when Trump did it, because they wanted the wall so badly they couldn’t wait for our legislative bodies to give the green light now face the possibility that a Democrat president will do the same thing to institute a policy they utterly despise. IMO it was a very bad, very dangerous move for DJT to make.
And there was 50 years leading up to in. I get tired of nobody talking about that because they’re too worried about the orange man.

And there was 50 years leading up to in. I get tired of nobody talking about that because they’re too worried about the orange man.

Yes, yes, there have been two hundred years of the legislative branch capitulating its authority on behalf of the executive branch. It passed the point of no return long ago. It has led to the point we now have an imperial presidency.

This isn’t about the “orange man” beyond the fact he’s the one occupying the seat today. The presidency is a uniquely attractive position for an alpha male that believes he is the country’s last best hope for grandeur.

What tires me is the disgusting attitude of both sides willing to sacrifice our liberty to a leader who will assure them they will be the “winners” and will destroy the opposition. The Democrats behaved about Obama just like you do about Trump.

The Democrats are virtually insane in their insistence the orange man is evil and will lead our country to ruination, and no tactic designed to stop him is wrong. Likewise the Republicans are equally insane in thinking the orange man is above reproach, and any criticism of the man is proof the person articulating the criticism is determined to bring about the country’s downfall.

Trump is neither a devil nor a savior. He’s a man capable of making good decisions and bad, In this instance he made a bad decision. Hyper-sensitivity on your part is not helpful! Bad decisions need to be pointed out no matter who makes them, The orange man is just as capable of making mistakes as any of us.

You would be better served to set aside your knee-jerk reaction to defend your leader against all comers, and begin to apply a little objectivity to things.

Sermon over.

Reactions: iasooner1
A communist is one who strives for socioeconomic order. I present Hugo Sanders. Karl Marx and Freidrich Engels explain it all clearly in The Communist Manifesto using small words. Most of us here clearly understand.

Sanders is a communist. This is not wave mechanics. There's nothing hard here. Most here get it. Most of us here spend considerable time thinking about thinking. A handful of us are incapable.
Like his comrades in the politburo he already has his Dachas.

Sermon over.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT