ADVERTISEMENT

Climate change extremes?

@Medic007 in your head the quoted statements translate to euthanizing humans? That's on you dude.

My opinion, we are a frog in a slowly warming pot. Water won't actually boil for a decade or more. If your agenda includes seizing property, killing folks, et al then by all means push off doing anything until that is justified.
Disagree, if you can get seizing property done I'm all for it today. Even ralph's

Reactions: davidallen
@Medic007 in your head the quoted statements translate to euthanizing humans? That's on you dude.

My opinion, we are a frog in a slowly warming pot. Water won't actually boil for a decade or more. If your agenda includes seizing property, killing folks, et al then by all means push off doing anything until that is justified.
Aaaaand we're back to claiming I'm advocating human euthanasia. And now you've added I'm advocating seizing property. I swear I'm having a conversation with Toon, not davidallen. You just need to add a few lols and hahas and finish with a strong Carry on and it would be a perfect match.

Reactions: imprimis
Aaaaand we're back to claiming I'm advocating human euthanasia. And now you've added I'm advocating seizing property. I swear I'm having a conversation with Toon, not davidallen. You just need to add a few lols and hahas and finish with a strong Carry on and it would be a perfect match.

No shit, but you omitted "death pom-poms"............

Like I said, I am all for your campaign to limit house size, but I doubt even Jan will want to be told how big her house can be.
I'm not actually for limiting house size. Or luxury items. Or population control. Certainly not property seizure or euthanizing healthy people because they breathe and fart. Maybe other reasons, but that's another conversation. I wouldn't support your idea of a production tax. I didn't support the Paris Agreement. I didn't support Obama's fuel efficiency standards. I'm actually a fan of the political types staying far away from the subject of climate change.

I do find it interesting that some of the people that support the idea of man-made climate change being a big "now" problem act as if their CO2 emissions don't matter. Any suggestion that the segment of the population who generally produces the most carbon emissions should do their part is met with ridiculously illogical responses of "individual contributions don't matter," "it's the aggregate that matters," and "I don't care if the wealthy are responsible for 100% of the emissions if the emissions are 50% less than last year." I'm not convinced that a seemingly smart person like you actually believes that stuff, but I really can't find any reason you'd seem so invested in those ideas if you didn't. Very weird.

The point many people make about not supporting action on climate change is actually very logical. If the people who stink the most are going to lecture us on why we shouldn't smell so bad, they need to hit the showers before they tell the rest of us what we should be doing. Very simple concept. If the loudest supporters of action to reduce man-made climate change would act as if their own CO2 emissions matter, you'd probably see a lot more support for action. As they say, why should I do anything you aren't willing to do yourself.

Reactions: JimmyBob
giphy.gif

I do find it interesting that some of the people that support the idea of man-made climate change being a big "now" problem act as if their CO2 emissions don't matter. Any suggestion that the segment of the population who generally produces the most carbon emissions should do their part is met with ridiculously illogical responses of "individual contributions don't matter," "it's the aggregate that matters," and "I don't care if the wealthy are responsible for 100% of the emissions if the emissions are 50% less than last year." I'm not convinced that a seemingly smart person like you actually believes that stuff, but I really can't find any reason you'd seem so invested in those ideas if you didn't. Very weird.
So strange how people prefer their own policy solutions rather than the made up, unworkable, authoritarian ravings of someone who is admittedly against any actual government action on the issue.

Like I always say if you were really against abortion you would support my strawman policy of torture and death penalty for abortion providers and receivers.

The point many people make about not supporting action on climate change is actually very logical. If the people who stink the most are going to lecture us on why we shouldn't smell so bad, they need to hit the showers before they tell the rest of us what we should be doing. Very simple concept. If the loudest supporters of action to reduce man-made climate change would act as if their own CO2 emissions matter, you'd probably see a lot more support for action. As they say, why should I do anything you aren't willing to do yourself.
There we go. It took us 10 pages, but we finally got the "climate change isn't real because some people are hypocrites." Lets save everyone time and make that your first response next week when someone posts about a record high or low temperatures.

There we go. It took us 10 pages, but we finally got the "climate change isn't real because some people are hypocrites." Lets save everyone time and make that your first response next week when someone posts about a record high or low temperatures.
Is that what I posted? Reading comprehension issues? Do you always squirt ink when your bullshit is exposed? The part of my post that you quoted is quite clear. I even stated it three different ways. Let me try a fourth way...

If you hardcore fans of man-made climate change want people to listen to your calls for action, start acting like your own CO2 emissions are a problem. When you say stupid shit like "it's the aggregate not the individual," people tune you out.

So strange how people prefer their own policy solutions rather than the made up, unworkable, authoritarian ravings of someone who is admittedly against any actual government action on the issue.
More flailing. I'm sorry that your idea that the CO2 emissions from wealthy people don't matter is really illogical. Maybe try a different angle, one that might make sense.

Yes.

More taxes on fuel? That is simple. It's also going to have its greatest impact on the poor, the folks who proportionally produce much less carbon emissions than the wealthy. Taxing fuel to the levels that would be necessary to reduce consumption in the wealthy will price the poor and middle class out of being able to afford gasoline. That sounds like a terrible plan.

Yep

The rich will still get to play because they will buy up some extra carbon credits to use for their yachts and private jets.

The poor will get some kind of carbon refund check but the cost increases to their daily life will eat that up.

And finally, the earth's atmosphere will not change because we will be the only nation dumb enough to put this scheme into process

Yep

The rich will still get to play because they will buy up some extra carbon credits to use for their yachts and private jets.

The poor will get some kind of carbon refund check but the cost increases to their daily life will eat that up.

And finally, the earth's atmosphere will not change because we will be the only nation dumb enough to put this scheme into process
Now now, stop playing the role of Captain Obvious and Mr. Common Sense in the same post. There's two really smart guys in this thread that have told us that the disproportionate CO2 emissions from the wealthy don't matter because only the aggregate matters, and through some magical process, CO2 emissions from the wealthy don't contribute to the aggregate. Two very smart guys. Why on earth would they be bullshitting us?

Reactions: Bitter Creek
Is that what I posted? Reading comprehension issues? Do you always squirt ink when your bullshit is exposed? The part of my post that you quoted is quite clear. I even stated it three different ways. Let me try a fourth way...

If you hardcore fans of man-made climate change want people to listen to your calls for action, start acting like your own CO2 emissions are a problem. When you say stupid shit like "it's the aggregate not the individual," people tune you out.
Yes the part I quoted was exactly the same hypocrisy argument you fall back on in every global warming discussion.

More flailing. I'm sorry that your idea that the CO2 emissions from wealthy people don't matter is really illogical. Maybe try a different angle, one that might make sense.
More disingenuous class consciousness. I fully support whatever pain you want to inflict on rich people, but you will have to forgive me if I don't personally put my eggs in that political basket.

Now now, stop playing the role of Captain Obvious and Mr. Common Sense in the same post. There's two really smart guys in this thread that have told us that the disproportionate CO2 emissions from the wealthy don't matter because only the aggregate matters, and through some magical process, CO2 emissions from the wealthy don't contribute to the aggregate. Two very smart guys. Why on earth would they be bullshitting us?
Bottomless bad faith. I"m just going to give you the Alf treatment from now on.

Yes the part I quoted was exactly the same hypocrisy argument you fall back on in every global warming discussion.
I'm not shocked that you can't see what others see as hypocrisy and therefore don't support action on climate change. That's not something I'm making up. It's just the way it is.

More disingenuous class consciousness. I fully support whatever pain you want to inflict on rich people, but you will have to forgive me if I don't personally put my eggs in that political basket.
lol. You literally posted the dumbest argument against wealthy doing their part that I have ever seen. That's on you, not me.

Bottomless bad faith. I"m just going to give you the Alf treatment from now on.
Wah. It seems you have a high level of sensitivity when your own crap is reflected back at you. No sweat off my ass. Packing up and moving on is a logical step when you're embarrassed.

The peasant said the famine isn’t real because the king is fat.
Is that what you really read from people don't listen to calls for action because they see rampant hypocrisy? I'm not posting that it isn't "real." Climate change happens regardless of humans. Always has. Always will. Humans may contribute to climate change. If the rise of CO2 is indeed dire, everyone should reduce their carbon emissions, not just the peasants.

How about the peasant said that if everyone has to go hungry so should the king.

Reactions: Bitter Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT