ADVERTISEMENT

Cliff Keen invitational

NCPoke2

Recruit
Jan 1, 2016
I decided to go to the Cliff Keen in Vegas this year. Trying to find tickets and the best I can find is buy them at the event on the day of. Anyone having any luck getting them ahead of time? Thanks.

I went last year and contacted someone with CK because I didn’t want to get out there and be without tickets. All session passes are only sold at the event.

I’ll have to check into calling them. I’m like you, would hate to get there and not be able,to get tickets.

They’ve never come close to selling out. They only accept cash and only selll at the event. Doors open an hour before so at 8am local time Dec 6.

Last edited:
Here is the schedule of the event:

Friday, December 6, 2024​

6:45 am PST: Skin Check
7:00 am PST: Weigh-ins, Las Vegas Convention Center
9:00 am PST: Round 1 Pig Tail Championship, Round 2 of (32) Championship, Round 3 Consolation of (32), Round 4 Championship of (16), Consolation 1st of (16) Round 5 Consolation 2nd of (16)
6:00 pm PST: Round 6 Championship Quarter Finals, Consolation Round 1st of (8), & Round 7 Consolation 2nd of (8)

Saturday, December 7, 2024​

7:45 am PST: Skin Check
8:00 am PST: Weigh-ins, Las Vegas Convention Center
10:00 am PST: Round 8 Championship Semi-Finals, Round 9 Consolation Semi Finals, Consolation Finals 5th & 6th, 7th & 8th Places
3:00 pm PST: CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS 1st & 2nd, 3rd & 4th Places

Last edited:
Do they provide a list of participants and/or brackets at the event or do I need to print those off the internet before getting on a plane?

Brackets are not available until after weigh-ins, so printing them beforehand isn’t an option. Flo covers the event. Everything is online and you don’t need a sub to Flo to access Floarena.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
Thanks for all the information. Got my plane tickets and hotel reservation, guess I’ll get the tournament tickets when I get there.
I might go this year also. I have already met Oberebo, so you have a high bar to reach to be the coolest Cowboy I have ever met. Are you living in NC right now?

Reactions: gyppoke
Would love to meet up with other posters (though I doubt I’ll meet Oberebo’s high standards😁). Not living in NC any longer. It was a great place but after I retired we decided to move to Oregon, beautiful state that we always enjoyed visiting. Fairly quickly discovered that visiting and living in are two completely different situations so we’re now back in Oklahoma where I can finally go to all the wrestling matches. Just wish I still had the seats my parents had when i was growing up.

I had the same worries about tx last year but it proved to be no problem. However, be prepared to move around a lot and forget about sitting in your seat. I also learned last year that the Flo App is essential to see who might be coming up next and on which mat. Mr. Earl, KC Scott and I pestered the hell out of 2 parents of wrestlers last year asking who was up next and where and I am sure those two nice gentleman will run when they see us coming. Great tournament and you can get
up close and personal watching but it is a workout particularly for old farts(read Oberebo).

where are people staying for this event?
I’m staying at the nomad. My favorite place on the strip. It’s the top few floors of the park. Rooms are really nice. The park is smoke free too.

I’ve got the rooms and flight set but I’m 50/50 unfortunately for now.

Supposed to be in Cancun that Monday and wife wasn’t too thrilled about me asking to go to Vegas the two days before haha

• Haha
Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I’m staying at the nomad. My favorite place on the strip. It’s the top few floors of the park. Rooms are really nice. The park is smoke free too.

I’ve got the rooms and flight set but I’m 50/50 unfortunately for now.

Supposed to be in Cancun that Monday and wife wasn’t too thrilled about me asking to go to Vegas the two days before haha
promise her your undivided attention for Cancun if you can go to vegas. If not, you're going to ignore her in Cancun. Let us know in advance where your funeral will be held.

promise her your undivided attention for Cancun if you can go to vegas. If not, you're going to ignore her in Cancun. Let us know in advance where your funeral will be held.
Honestly she loves the Nomad as much as I do so that’s why we are at 50/50. The room we get has a huge soaking tub she is a fan of. The real issue is 3 kids we are already leaving for the 5 days in Mexico lol.

I also learned last year that the Flo App is essential to see who might be coming up next and on which mat.
This is the case. Through Flo you can pick your team to get notifications for as well as individuals from other schools if you're a fan. Don't worry about tix, there will be plenty. $50 CASH only at the door is crazy cheap for all sessions. We're staying at the Nugget downtown. Clean, reasonable and there's plenty of entertainment on the strip, just with the people watching alone lol.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
Fortunately, I can drive to LV in 3 hours so I can leave early in the morning and get back later at night. I've been to the CKLV tournament several years in a row now, and I think it's the best December college tournament in the country. I'm pretty sure I'll be there again this year.

Like the other posters said, don't worry about the tickets, you can just get them at the door.

PS One other thing you guys will like about CKLV if you go to watch is the venue is really open. All the coaches and wrestlers are walking around on the floor, so if you see anyone you know, you'll be able to talk to them. You can also stand almost right next to the mats for the earlier rounds, so you'll get to see your guys competing up close.

Last year, I had a chance to speak to Peyton Robb who is every bit as polite and friendly in person as you see him on TV. I let him know that when I was young, I had the exact same infection in my leg that he picked up at the prior year's NCAA tournament. It was a pretty scary experience and it was good to see that he had recovered well enough to wrestle again.

Looks like I will be meeting some of you in Vegas. Just look for the good looking guy in a PSU wrestling sweatshirt. If you can't find him, then just look for the guy in the PSU sweatshirt. That would be me.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Looks like I will be meeting some of you in Vegas. Just look for the good looking guy in a PSU wrestling sweatshirt. If you can't find him, then just look for the guy in the PSU sweatshirt. That would be me.
sweatshirt in an arena. You’re making weight aren’t you 😆

sweatshirt in an arena. You’re making weight aren’t you 😆
I should be. I'm 20 pounds overweight!!! I looked and the temps should be anywhere from the 40s to 60s from night to day. That's sweatshirt weather. No? Besides, I'll be walking from Fountainebleu.

I should be. I'm 20 pounds overweight!!! I looked and the temps should be anywhere from the 40s to 60s from night to day. That's sweatshirt weather. No? Besides, I'll be walking from Fountainebleu.
I will miss the tournament but stayed at Fountainbleu for a meeting earlier this month. It is about a year old and a beautiful hotel. A bit off the path, so pretty good walk to get the the main areas of the strip.

I will miss the tournament but stayed at Fountainbleu for a meeting earlier this month. It is about a year old and a beautiful hotel. A bit off the path, so pretty good walk to get the the main areas of the strip.
but its close to the convention center correct?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT