ADVERTISEMENT

Chase and Chiro

TheRedSon

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2008
Waco, TX
Either one of you guys take your dogs out this year? Would love to hear how they're doing.

I hunted pheasant one day with their dame and two of their litter mates. Their sister made her first retreave. Unfortuneatly that was the only bird we saw that day. I'm not sure how excited the brother is about birds... I was hoping he'd see his mom and sister do it a few more times and see if it whetted his appetite for retreaving any.

Another one of their litter mates is coming to stay with me for a week or two later this month and early April. I'll try to remember to post some pictures.

Well, I thought I had told you, but we had Maddie stolen from us. She was pretty ornery, but would mind extremely well. When she was left alone, she would do goofy things that I still cannot explain!

Well, she somehow got out of her kennel, out of the backyard and into the garage...which I will never know how and she ate some ant killer. We found her in a pretty shocking state, and rushed to a Vet friend of mine. He kept her for two days and she was fine! After the doctor visit, we left her out of her kennel so we could keep an eye on her and so she could have more fun. Well, she got out (which she did often) and somebody scooped her up. She was always easy to find, and never went out of earshot. Went door-to-door and couldn't even find a person that had seen her! Also, she couldn't have been out for ten minutes before we started looking because I was in the garage working...and watching her...I went inside to use the bathroom and came out and she was gone. Stapled signs on every post in the neighborhood, put in ad in the paper and put an ad on the radio stations...nothing!

Callie does want another dog out of your litter in the form of Maddie, but I am not sure another dog will be like Maddie?

Chase, Sorry to hear about losing Maddie- that's a hard thing. I have found that some supposed "rescue" folks pick up any dog they see on the street and try to "rehome" it for a hefty fee. We have a neighbor here in Tx that picks every dog up, and three of us neighbors have had to threaten to call the sherriff to get our dogs back that wandered a few yards from our ranch properties. We found out she was trying to make about 200 a dog on these. She also lied about checking all of them for chips (two I know of had chips that she said didn't and was caught at the vet).

Hope you find another great companion.

It is actually tough! I am not an animal person, but it was a win-win for us as I got a duck dog, and Callie got a pet...but the the little sucker grew on me! I've left her kennel up, and it bothers me to see it sometimes. But, it has almost been a year and we are convinced she is on a farm somewhere with a little boy that loves to explore and hunt...

I'd like to have another litter with Maggie. I'm not sure that's going to be possible though. Need to have a talk with a vet or more experienced breeder. I do know one of Maddie's brothers that has sired a litter recently here in Waco. I will try going by there to check it out for you. The guy told me there are two black females.

That might work Andy...Callie is up for anything to do with Maddie!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT