ADVERTISEMENT

Chance Marsteller Competing this Weekend

thompsonja

Redshirt
Nov 14, 2013
there is one final spot at the Olympic Team Trials to be earned by this weekend’s Last Chance Trials Qualifier champion in Cedar Falls, Iowa and Chance along with The number one recruits of 2015, and 2016 will be there. i'm looking forward to see how he measures up.

there is one final spot at the Olympic Team Trials to be earned by this weekend’s Last Chance Trials Qualifier champion in Cedar Falls, Iowa and Chance along with The number one recruits of 2015, and 2016 will be there. i'm looking forward to see how he measures up.
I was just comng to post this. I am very interested to see how he does.

A lot of chatter about Chance going back to PA, but this weekend (and who is in his corner) may tell us more. I hope he hangs around and gets it figured out.

FWIW, CM is listed unattached, Schafer is listed cowboy wrestling club(125kg), and Kindig is Tar Heel wrestling club.

FWIW, CM is listed unattached, Schafer is listed cowboy wrestling club(125kg), and Kindig is Tar Heel wrestling club.
WELL TO ME THATS AN INDICATION HE'S HEADED OUT BECAUSE LAST YEAR HE WAS UNDER COWBOY WRESTLING....HOPE I'M WRONG BUT IT MAY BE BETTER FOR THE KID

WELL TO ME THATS AN INDICATION HE'S HEADED OUT BECAUSE LAST YEAR HE WAS UNDER COWBOY WRESTLING....HOPE I'M WRONG BUT IT MAY BE BETTER FOR THE KID
My friends son hung out with him at PA states, CM never mentioned he was leaving. I will point out that he also said they didn't talk about wrestling.

Flo is always good getting these things out even if it's speculation and they haven't made anything of it as of yet also social media can be very telling and at the moment it seems like he's not going anywhere

Schafer at 125 is interesting, he must be bulking up to try out 285. I am curious how much he will weigh, but he must be quite a bit over 213.

If he's bumping up to 285 from 125, then that's quite an accomplishment. :)
HA! I guess I should have clarified 125kg (275lbs). Also that it is significant because he is coming from 197lb class and jumping over 97kg(213lbs) to 125kgs.

Who cares? Flo is a mouthpiece for subscriber numbers, and would do anything Cael told them to.

If he is with us, great! If he isn't, I hope he does well and improves others as well as the sport!

As for competing this weekend, I'm pumped to see him get after it!

My friends son hung out with him at PA states, CM never mentioned he was leaving. I will point out that he also said they didn't talk about wrestling.
Chance was seen recently jogging in Wilkes-Barre, PA during States week. His girlfriend attends Wilkes College.

He is off the team at this point, isn't he? If so, that is why he wouldn't have Oklahoma State listed. That would not indicate he is leaving. I assume doing things to get back on the team

He is off the team at this point, isn't he? If so, that is why he wouldn't have Oklahoma State listed. That would not indicate he is leaving. I assume doing things to get back on the team

SCHAFER AND CM GOT IN TROUBLE TOGETHER BUT SCHAFER IS LISTED UNDER THE COWBOY WRESTLING BANNER AND CM IS NOT.

Reactions: osu2082
OK, I am not trying to jump to conclusions, but giving a reason as to why he might not have Ok State listed. Maybe Schafer got reinstated and CM has not yet. I do not know.

I did ask it as a question, if he is off the team yet.

Schafer is bulking up as fast as he can. Maybe he can help us out next year

Brackets for tomorrow are up on track. I'm a bit confused by the weight listed from weigh ins, almost everyone is listed as over. Shows Schafer at 104(about 229).

Brackets for tomorrow are up on track. I'm a bit confused by the weight listed from weigh ins, almost everyone is listed as over. Shows Schafer at 104(about 229).
Obviously, Schafer has put on a bunch of weight as I thought he might wrestle at 87kg (213 #) but he is up at heavyweight or as April says 229#. He will wrestle Chad Johnson in the first round and if he wins will probably wrestle David Zabriske. Obe Blanc will wrestle Mark McKnight at 57kg (125#) Jon Morrision is at 57 kg and will wrestle Ben Vosters. Interesting matchup at 65kg (143) with Josh Kindig wrestling high school phenom Mitch McKee from Minnesota. Huge size and age difference but McKee is very good. At 74 kg Chance Marsteller will wrestle Michael Coleman Navy/Marines and if he wins he will wrestle #2 seed Anthony Valencia. Mark Hall is the #1 seed at this weight.

Marstellar in a Titan Wrestling Club singlet and I think I saw someone in orange and black walking to his corner, but the shot was brief. Quick tech in match 1.

Marstellar in a Titan Wrestling Club singlet and I think I saw someone in orange and black walking to his corner, but the shot was brief. Quick tech in match 1.
Msarsteller loses to Valencia 9-4 after going ahead 3-0. Jon Morrison and Austin Schafer in his corner which kind of puts the lie to rumors of a transfer.He really did not gas out but he slowed some in the 2nd period and Valencia was able to score four takedowns in the match to his one.

In the black and orange sweats was Schafer. Jon Morrison was also coaching CM during the loss to Valencia. CM could have won that match as easily as he lost it. Valencia was out of position so many times.

Leverage. Valencia is probably 6 inches taller than Chance.

Might mean nothing but the OSU release on the event doesn't mention Chance unless I missed it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT