ADVERTISEMENT

Caribbean vs Mexico vacation?

I like to venture when I am on vacations except Beach vacations. Those I like to have 0 plans and drink and lay on the beach.

I like all inclusives because I hate carrying a wallet.

I also don’t mind venturing off too much because I don’t like people that much.

To each their own.

They serve their purposes but I’d rather pay out of pocket for really good instead of having all you can eat mediocre.

Might as well stay in Florida, if you’re going to be trapped behind a fence.

But it is selfless of you to not expose yourself to native populations so that their opinions of Americans isn’t negatively impacted.

Dude. Seriously.

People have different likes. Just because YOU think something is the way things are supposed to be doesn’t make it so. If you spend a little extra you can actually go to some nice places. Not everything are senior activities and buffets at 4:00, you old fart.

Dude. Seriously.

People have different likes. Just because YOU think something is the way things are supposed to be doesn’t make it so. If you spend a little extra you can actually go to some nice places. Not everything are senior activities and buffets at 4:00, you old fart.

Just admit I’m right.

All inclusives are fine for those who just want to lay out and have drinks handed to them and just disconnect....maybe they have kids and they want a great kids club place. Thats all cool and needed. Enjoy!

We haven't been to an AI in almost 10 years now. What a waste of time, lol.

Isla Mujeres is great. Holbox is even better, but its getting popular quickly and it won't be what it once was very soon. Tulum has gotten crazy expensive (all those damn stars and New Yorkers go there) Cancun is Miami in Mexico, and Playa is changing rapidly as well, but still is a good base to cover the Yucatan.

Merida is an incredible colonial city that is sooooo cool. Well worth a 2 day trip.

All inclusive is probably for me this time. Only interested in relaxation and chilling on beach without a ton of activities.

Jack is for sure the Mexico godfather. I would take any advice from him if I was planning a trip to that part of Mexico.

It is hard to choose between those two but I would definitely go for Mexico. I visited both of these places for Mexico impressed me much more. Anyway if I had to choose where to go now on a vacation I think I would visit again Australia. I was looking for the Best holiday houses and I found them there. The services and the nature are beautiful and special. The best way to forget about your daily routine and to relax is going there. It is also about the citizens that are very mannered and educated.

Last edited:
We’ve stayed at Excellence Playa Mujeres and Excellence Riviera Cancun within the last few months and while in general I don’t like all inclusives I have to say they do an amazing job. With Covid I didn’t really want to “get out” so being behind a gate and having drinks brought to me worked out just fine.

Damnit reading this makes me mad that COVID is going to ruin travel for ever. (yes we will be able to travel, but it's going to never be the same)

Reactions: SquinkY5786
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT