ADVERTISEMENT

car and house insurance

SquinkY5786

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2005
lately I have been on a kick of trying to reduce my bills. I have always been the guy who didn't do much home work and just went with the well known companies. ATT, direc TV, State Farm etc. I had a friend recently switch from State Farm to farm bureau and almost cut his bill by a 3rd. I am looking at switching from ATT to T-Mobile or Sprint and will save a ton in overages on data. But does anyone have recommendations on car and home insurance??

when we bought our first house we just let the the realtor set up our homeowners insurance through a guy out of their office. BIG mistake. (We already had car insurance through someone else) As we got acclimated and met new people, one was an insurance guy and we became good friends. I asked him to look at everything and combine all insurance under him.He saved us over $700/yr and that was back in the late 90's. Dumb me assuming people would be honest and do the right thing. He's a broker and looks for the best deal. We use Nationwide.

I usually shop mine every two years. Mine only went up $180 this year, so I didn't think it was worth the hassle of changing. I'll probably change again next year. I think I am with Safeco right now.

I just switched to Shelter from Farmers and saved a decent amount of money.

I switched from Shelter to Travelers and will save $2,000 this year on home and auto premiums w/ almost the exact same coverage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT