ADVERTISEMENT

Captain Marvel [March 8]

Uhhh...who is captain marvel? Apologies to those with boxes of 40 year old captain marvel comic books in their closet.

Reactions: PDT816
Hmm... I thought they did an ok job with this for Kurt Russell in GotGv2 but they only did it in a few short scenes and it was still pretty obvious even though it looked good.

If SLJ has a larger part in CapM I'm not sure what to think about that. It needs to be noticably better if there's more screen time, IMHO.

There were similar special-effects done with Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer in Ant-man and the wasp. Looked pretty good in my opinion—enough to give me hope it won’t be a distraction.

The trailer doesn't get me excited.

Samuel L. Jackson looks like the best thing about this movie.

That being said, it's Marvel, and if they can make a good movie about throwaway chump characters like Guardians of the Galaxy, they likely can with this D lister.

Reactions: PDT816
So does she belong to Marvels "green latern corps" or what? I used to read a bunch of Marvel comics and have the all of the original Infinity gauntlet comics including from all of the different titles and I don't remember her at all. Is she new to Marvel as in the last 30 years?

casting missed with the girl...she doesn't have the "it" looks. sorry.

Green lantern crew = DC

She’s been around since the 60s as Danvers. But didn’t become Ms Marvel until the 70s? And “captain” came later.

I’m reading a lot of the comments above and thinking that there is a little misunderstanding of the character.

Larson makes a ton of sense to me as Captain Marvel. This isn’t bodysuit :)eyes:) Ms. Marvel. This is cat loving, conflicted Captain Marvel, not just a “face.”

I’m very excited about this film. I could be let down, but what I’ve seen feels right to what I’ve read.

Not going to #metoo everyone (cause that would be dumb), but I do notice a trend in responses to female leads in superhero movies. I just think there is a fundamental misunderstanding of the literature and the social impact of some of these characters played over time. For me, it would be an injustice to the OG writers to strip that out of the movies in scripts/casting/etc.

As “silly” as comics are, they tackled a lot of tough subjects in a pretty unique way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Green lantern crew = DC

She’s been around since the 60s as Danvers. But didn’t become Ms Marvel until the 70s? And “captain” came later.

I’m reading a lot of the comments above and thinking that there is a little misunderstanding of the character.

Larson makes a ton of since to me as Captain Marvel. This isn’t bodysuit () Ms. Marvel. This is cat loving, conflicted Captain Marvel, not just a “face.”

I’m very excited about this film. I could be let down, but what I’ve seen feels right to what I’ve read.

Not going to #metoo everyone (cause that would be dumb), but I do notice a trend in responses to female leads in superhero movies. I just think there is a fundamental misunderstanding of the literature and the social impact of some of these characters played over time. For me, it would be an injustice to the OG writers to strip that out of the movies in scripts/casting/etc.

As “silly” as comics are, they tackled a lot of tough subjects in a pretty unique way.

Agree. Well said.

Looks Meh.

Except for the shapeshifter Skrulls. Excited about them.

Definitely will see it. I am curious to find out how they develop the story that Krees and Skrulls were on earth in the 70s, and no one but Fury knows this. And, why haven’t they been back since then? And what the heck has CM been doing since then? And, why did Fury not page her when Thanos and Loki attacked Earth in Avengers 1?

We all thought Ant Man would suck and GOTG would suck and they are some of my favorite. I bet this movie is good. We always think this will be the film to flop and nope they never do. DC sucks for life

Reactions: Been Jammin
The part that it wasn't very good.

I did like that it was a vehicle for people of color to celebrate the character as a source of pride.

Killmonger as a villain was a joke. Wakanda was American actors doing a poor job pretending to be African.
Black Panther was terrible. It portrayed black Africans as monkeys, isolationists, hoarders, greedy, and cowardly. The plot sucked. The characters were one dimensional. And the cinematography and special effects were crap. It took white folk to inspire them to come to everyone's aid. If I were black I'd have been totally offended. So I really don't see why everyone was touting it as such an empowering film.

The only good character in that entire show was the little sister playing the part of Q from James Bond.

I still think movies are average and not terrible. I guess I only expect these movies to be what they are super hero movies. Now a super hero movie that will suck balls IMO will be that trash movie Glass. Wasn’t very impressed with the first one of that series either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT