ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Johnstone Responds To @Syskatine

What's her point? Russia is bad but America is worse?

Ponca does she really represent your feelings?
Yes, that’s her point in a nutshell. The foreign policy of the American empire is worse, much worse, than Russia’s. And, yes, that represents my feeling on the subject.

You believe America is Imperialistic?

We've made some bad decisions on wars to fight but how many countries that we liberated in the 20th century do we still occupy?

You believe America is Imperialistic?

We've made some bad decisions on wars to fight but how many countries that we liberated in the 20th century do we still occupy?
We have somewhere between 700 and 800 military installations in countries around the world. Does that count as occupation?

We have somewhere between 700 and 800 military installations in countries around the world. Does that count as occupation?
No because if asked to leave we would.

I am against all these bases because it basically represents those countries pawning their defense costs off on the United States.

Is there any doubt the United States could of taken over the world after WW II? if we are so evil and Imperialistic why didn't we do it?

Reactions: ClintonDavidScott
No because if asked to leave we would.

I am against all these bases because it basically represents those countries pawning their defense costs off on the United States.

Is there any doubt the United States could of taken over the world after WW II? if we are so evil and Imperialistic why didn't we do it?
I think you are being incredibly naive. In the first place in most of those places if we were asked to leave we’d overthrow the ones that wanted us to go and install someone who would do as we commanded. In the second place only an imperial power would feel the need to have military bases in foreign lands. The more lands in which they have bases the more imperial the country is. In many respects the US *has* taken over the world after WW2.

• Haha
Reactions: CowboyJD
I think you are being incredibly naive. In the first place in most of those places if we were asked to leave we’d overthrow the ones that wanted us to go and install someone who would do as we commanded. In the second place only an imperial power would feel the need to have military bases in foreign lands. The more lands in which they have bases the more imperial the country is. In many respects the US *has* taken over the world after WW2.

***calls others naive…believes if America is asked to leave - Turkey, for example - we would violently overthrow Erdogan***

Do you even understand how stupid you sound with this rhetoric??? Ffs Dan lol

carry on hi

***calls others naive…believes if America is asked to leave - Turkey, for example - we would violently overthrow Erdogan***

Do you even understand how stupid you sound with this rhetoric??? Ffs Dan lol

carry on hi
We did it in Ukraine. What would keep us from trying it in Turkey?

Dan, I went down that rabbit hole a little bit and her numbers about how many people we killed are just lunacy. You start digging in and the claimed numbers are just fantasy. So they just decide to multiply some estimates x 5, others x 8, they rely on numbers and "their own" and it's just so sloppy. This is the paragraph where I stopped and started following some links:

The United States is the most tyrannical government on earth. It is currently circling the planet with hundreds of military bases and waging wars which have killed millions and displaced tens of millions just since the turn of this century. Its sanctions and blockades continuously target civilians with deadly force in nations like Venezuela, Yemen and Syria.

So we're the most tyrannical. Not North Korea. Or Afghanistan. Or Russia. The U.S. Dude you hate America so much.... I dont' get it, I truly don't.

Dan, I went down that rabbit hole a little bit and her numbers about how many people we killed are just lunacy. You start digging in and the claimed numbers are just fantasy. So they just decide to multiply some estimates x 5, others x 8, they rely on numbers and "their own" and it's just so sloppy. This is the paragraph where I stopped and started following some links:

The United States is the most tyrannical government on earth. It is currently circling the planet with hundreds of military bases and waging wars which have killed millions and displaced tens of millions just since the turn of this century. Its sanctions and blockades continuously target civilians with deadly force in nations like Venezuela, Yemen and Syria.

So we're the most tyrannical. Not North Korea. Or Afghanistan. Or Russia. The U.S. Dude you hate America so much.... I dont' get it, I truly don't.
Don't hate the US. Love it. What I hate is the US government foreign policy/security apparatus that has engaged in the slaughter of countless fellow human beings, either by war or sanctions, with military installations across the globe and financial services designed to turn other countries into client states. All done in our name. Please feel free to correct her numbers with your own, but when you just say the numbers don't add up you lack credibility. Please identify another country that has been more tyrannical toward other countries. I can't think of any.

You think Russia has invaded, bombed, starved to death, sanctioned, forbidden medical supplies to innocent civilians etc. of more foreigners than America?

Killed and dispossessed? Russia is invading an independent country for a naked land grab. Missiles into high rise apartments, forcibly mass kidnapping kids, and you whatabout it.

Killed and dispossessed? Russia is invading an independent country for a naked land grab. Missiles into high rise apartments, forcibly mass kidnapping kids, and you whatabout it.
Not at all. What you are resisting with all your strength is admitting what Russia is doing in Ukraine is what the US has done multiple times in other countries. That’s exactly Johnstone’s argument. You have been force fed the horror of Russia’s invasion by virtually every western media outlet from the beginning, which piggybacks on decades’ long anti-Russian propaganda the same media outlets have promulgated. But what you aren’t told, practically aren’t told at all, is the US has done the same things many times over the years. She doesn’t need to tell you about Russia’s sins, you get a nonstop diet of those reports. She’s trying to open your eyes to the fact your own government has been worse and you don’t know it, and you don’t want to believe it when you hear it. Hell, you get so traumatized you can’t bring yourself to read the whole thing!

Not at all. What you are resisting with all your strength is admitting what Russia is doing in Ukraine is what the US has done multiple times in other countries. That’s exactly Johnstone’s argument. You have been force fed the horror of Russia’s invasion by virtually every western media outlet from the beginning, which piggybacks on decades’ long anti-Russian propaganda the same media outlets have promulgated. But what you aren’t told, practically aren’t told at all, is the US has done the same things many times over the years. She doesn’t need to tell you about Russia’s sins, you get a nonstop diet of those reports. She’s trying to open your eyes to the fact your own government has been worse and you don’t know it, and you don’t want to believe it when you hear it. Hell, you get so traumatized you can’t bring yourself to read the whole thing!
Sysk needs some history. He's just living in the today and now. Like some of these clowns. 👍

Russia is clusterbombing schools and hospitals.

If you actually think Americans would do that…that’s seriously pretty fvcked up and disgustingly disrespectful of the people in this country who make these decisions and/or wear a uniform and serve to minimize collateral damage operationally.

Do you think Putin and Co. give 2 elephant sh!ts whether anyone survived those indiscriminant missile attacks?

This RT/Kremlin/TASS/hammer-and-sickle Tucker Carlson fanboy talking point bullsh!t only reinforces you’re a steaming pile of💩 as an American 🇺🇸

carry on

Reactions: davidallen
Russia is clusterbombing schools and hospitals.

If you actually think Americans would do that…that’s seriously pretty fvcked up and disgustingly disrespectful of the people in this country who make these decisions and/or wear a uniform and serve to minimize collateral damage operationally.

Do you think Putin and Co. give 2 elephant sh!ts whether anyone survived those indiscriminant missile attacks?

This RT/Kremlin/TASS/hammer-and-sickle Tucker Carlson fanboy talking point bullsh!t only reinforces you’re a steaming pile of💩 as an American 🇺🇸

carry on
For your perusal:

For your perusal:

That pales in comparison to what russia is doing in real time.

A Russian propaganda starlet went to the war zone for a puff piece. The Russian soldiers beat up her cameraman and gang raped her.

That pales in comparison to what russia is doing in real time.

A Russian propaganda starlet went to the war zone for a puff piece. The Russian soldiers beat up her cameraman and gang raped her.

Just so we know, how much propaganda is the West putting out about this conflict?

Less than Russia?

More?

I can’t think of any recent conflict that the west’s reports were concerned with the truth.

Can you?

Reactions: 2012Bearcat
Are you historically illiterate as well as naive? Any and every outlet that pushed Russian Collusion, any outlet taking George Soros money just to name them all.

So.... no example. Always the same with you guys, some wild-assed Alex Jones type deal takes flight and you all pull it as a gotcha when pressed for facts.

What mainstream western journalism outlet is publishing propaganda?
Here’s a hint on when to be skeptical. When the person giving you information is a “retired” or former CIA or NSA or FBI operative, or if the “journalist” is relaying information from anonymous sources and the information is full of accusation but short on evidence, or has not been verified by two or three separate sources, or if more than one “reporter” gives details about an incident and they all use virtually the same language then you should understand you are being showered with propaganda. Hope that helps to snap you into reality.

Last edited:
Here’s a hint on when to be skeptical. When the person giving you information is a “retired” or former CIA or NSA or FBI operative, or if the “journalist” is relaying information from anonymous sources and the information is full of accusation but short on evidence, or has not been verified by two or three separate sources, or if more than one “reporter” gives details about an incident and they all use virtually the same language then you should understand you are being showered with propaganda. Hope that helps to snap you into reality.

I just asked for an example of this western propaganda. I've gotten lol's and the usual insults but no examples.

I just asked for an example of this western propaganda. I've gotten lol's and the usual insults but no examples.
As a rule I don't watch newscasts on tv. When I do I usually watch the Fox News Channel. The two most egregious examples on Fox would be Brian Killmeade and Stuart Varney. I don't think I've ever heard either of them utter a sentence about conditions in Ukraine that hadn't been handed directly to them by the US security state.

Last edited:
Here you go, Sys. It’s over an hour long expose of journalistic fraud. You may need to seek a safe space. I doubt you have the stones to listen to it all, and that’s why you are such a willing lackey of propaganda. But who knows, maybe you’ll come to your senses. Maybe you’ll surprise me and actually listen to the whole thing.

That is what happened in Pakistan the PM refused to give a base he was thrown within 6 months. Now the economy has collapsed and basically military with a civilian front is ruling. Journalist who are not towing the line are being arrested one was assasinated. US is not imperal like the eurpeans were but it likes to control key areas of the world.

That is what happened in Pakistan the PM refused to give a base he was thrown within 6 months. Now the economy has collapsed and basically military with a civilian front is ruling. Journalist who are not towing the line are being arrested one was assasinated. US is not imperal like the eurpeans were but it likes to control key areas of the world.
Thank you, Ali, for giving us an eye witness account. I hope you are safe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT