ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Championship Thread

I agree that we had a good weekend overall and IsU just had a better one, but for me the disappointment lies in a couple of the losses and how we lost. Spratley should’ve won. Jamison shouldn’t have lost when he did. Surber getting stuck….Doucet against Heinselman. Some of those key matches that I feel we weren’t aggressive enough is more frustrating to me than if we wrestled to seed or not.

Overall still feel good about the improvement and trend we saw this year.
For sure, the frustration is real. If I’m truly pissed, you won’t hear from me for a week or two.

This tournament was tougher than last years and we scored more points. I'll quote John Smith, "we didn't lose this tournament, Iowa state won it". He went on to say he thought before the tournament if they scored 140 points that it would be enough to win it. Of course it wasn't. During the same interview the guy asking some questions said he didn't have the updated numbers but at one point in the tournament ISU had 32 bonus point wins to OSUs 13. That's crazy. We wrestled good enough to win it but ISU wrestled lights out.

Why would they just put a patch on it versus patch and then a wrap over the top to hold it on? It looked like from the beginning that patch wasn't staying and appears it didn't. What was the patch supposed to do?
Maybe he got an injection or something and it was covering up the wound? Idk. Seemed very pointless whatever it was.

Why would they just put a patch on it versus patch and then a wrap over the top to hold it on? It looked like from the beginning that patch wasn't staying and appears it didn't. What was the patch supposed to do?
Beats me…I don’t think it helped personally. Hopefully he can for nationals

Reactions: tom_v31
I read on twitter somewhere that incoming Cody Merrill wrestled heavyweight this year in HS, was looking pretty big, and implied Merrill will go heavyweight and that CC was going to go 197. I’m no expert but I kind of like that idea.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT