ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Throws Zelensky Under The Bus

I can’t stand Biden but he’s not wrong at all. Being the victim doesn’t remove zelensky from some blame. The guy didn’t have a very good handle on the situation
While that is true how does Biden laying blame on Zelensky support Ukraine? Hasn't the Biden Administrations said we need to support Ukraine and do everything we can to help them defeat Russia? Seems to me this statement from Biden undercuts all of that merely for political reasons.

While that is true how does Biden laying blame on Zelensky support Ukraine? Hasn't the Biden Administrations said we need to support Ukraine and do everything we can to help them defeat Russia? Seems to me this statement from Biden undercuts all of that merely for political reasons.
Biden was and is as much to blame for Ukraine as Zelensky, he is just deflecting his blame onto a person that has popularity to give. Biden is out of support, and needs to deflect his poor administration onto anything else. This war would be over if Biden wanted it to be over. He has the ability as President of the US to bring the parties to the table and negotiate a peace. He won't because his staff look at this conflict as his only positive in his wallet. The longer he takes the more Russia will demand for peace. He doesn't care about that though and Ukraine is starting to bend and the fighting is taking a heavy toll. The US is holding Ukraine up by their underwear and giving them a huge wedgy in the process.

In other words Biden's only positive is positively F'd up by himself.

IMO it is preposterous for Zelensky and the author of this article to claim preemptive sanctions would have stopped the invasion. Nothing would have stopped the invasion. Russia recognized the threat of NATO missiles on the border that has been used in the past as the gateway of invasion of their country. They were not going to allow that. US policy was designed to create exactly what happened. If the author truly wants to be critical of Biden’s handlers that is where he should start.

I have been reading for a couple of weeks now that the war is going horribly for Ukraine, it’s borderline mass slaughter, and the NeoCons have been searching for a fall guy, someone to blame for yet another of their failures, and Zelensky looked to be the easiest to lay it off on. Zelensky is a professional actor to whom the US security state handed the role of a lifetime, and he jumped into it with both feet. I don’t think he has many options left. He can hope the US will let him flee to his mansion in Florida and live out the rest of his life as a well heeled martyr. Or he can be assassinated, the blame for his murder put on Russia, but give whoever the US replaces him with the green light to negotiate for peace.

I would love to see him grow a pair, tell the US he will no longer sit idly by while the US gets as many of his countrymen killed as it wants and very publicly call Putin for a very public meeting between just the two of them. That may get him murdered sooner rather than later, but I foresee he’s going to be murdered either way.

Russia recognized the threat of NATO missiles on the border that has been used in the past as the gateway of invasion of their country.

Where do you come up with this stuff???

steve-harvey-huh.gif

IMO it is preposterous for Zelensky and the author of this article to claim preemptive sanctions would have stopped the invasion. Nothing would have stopped the invasion. Russia recognized the threat of NATO missiles on the border that has been used in the past as the gateway of invasion of their country. They were not going to allow that. US policy was designed to create exactly what happened. If the author truly wants to be critical of Biden’s handlers that is where he should start.

I have been reading for a couple of weeks now that the war is going horribly for Ukraine, it’s borderline mass slaughter, and the NeoCons have been searching for a fall guy, someone to blame for yet another of their failures, and Zelensky looked to be the easiest to lay it off on. Zelensky is a professional actor to whom the US security state handed the role of a lifetime, and he jumped into it with both feet. I don’t think he has many options left. He can hope the US will let him flee to his mansion in Florida and live out the rest of his life as a well heeled martyr. Or he can be assassinated, the blame for his murder put on Russia, but give whoever the US replaces him with the green light to negotiate for peace.

I would love to see him grow a pair, tell the US he will no longer sit idly by while the US gets as many of his countrymen killed as it wants and very publicly call Putin for a very public meeting between just the two of them. That may get him murdered sooner rather than later, but I foresee he’s going to be murdered either way.
Truth.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I continue to be amazed how little the Budapest Agreement is mentioned in any of these articles. Forget NATO missiles on his border or anything else......if Ukraine still had their nukes none of this would have happened.

Secondly, if the idiot president and his minions can blame inflation on little putin, then they certainly could have seen this coming as a consequence of an invasion if it happened. So why not enact pre-invasion sanctions.

The germans/merkel have played the scoundrels in the background here, don't trust them now and haven't for a log time. Interestingly every time I was in Greece my cab drivers always said Merkel was the leader of the 4th Reich.

Dan, if ukrainians want to die for their country then I say arm them to the teeth with what they need. If you weren't going to do this from the start then they should have sent nothing. What no one knows though is if Ukraine had fallen in the 4-5 days the "intelligence" groups thought it would take, would they have stopped there?

PD, as you I've spent a ton of time reading about what got us here, but calling Zelenski a puppet is a mischaracterization and given how his election came about it had zero to do with being a puppet and more about doing what his predecessor didn't do. There was a very finite series of events that happened from the election of Zaleski's predecessor to his overthrown and the subsequent invasion in 2014. Our intelligence agencies are too stupid, ineffective and tribal to pull off a "coup" with a named predecessor in a matter of 3 months and that is about the timeline your looking at here.

As usual we're not going to agree on these things, but with the proper weaponry they can bleed the dam russian to death, yes it may be a costly for Ukraine, but from what I gather speaking with all my Ukrainian friends, even the ones who hated Zelensky before the war, they now support him wholly and the thought of giving up more territory to the russian is not up for negotiation.

I continue to be amazed how little the Budapest Agreement is mentioned in any of these articles. Forget NATO missiles on his border or anything else......if Ukraine still had their nukes none of this would have happened.

Secondly, if the idiot president and his minions can blame inflation on little putin, then they certainly could have seen this coming as a consequence of an invasion if it happened. So why not enact pre-invasion sanctions.

The germans/merkel have played the scoundrels in the background here, don't trust them now and haven't for a log time. Interestingly every time I was in Greece my cab drivers always said Merkel was the leader of the 4th Reich.

Dan, if ukrainians want to die for their country then I say arm them to the teeth with what they need. If you weren't going to do this from the start then they should have sent nothing. What no one knows though is if Ukraine had fallen in the 4-5 days the "intelligence" groups thought it would take, would they have stopped there?

PD, as you I've spent a ton of time reading about what got us here, but calling Zelenski a puppet is a mischaracterization and given how his election came about it had zero to do with being a puppet and more about doing what his predecessor didn't do. There was a very finite series of events that happened from the election of Zaleski's predecessor to his overthrown and the subsequent invasion in 2014. Our intelligence agencies are too stupid, ineffective and tribal to pull off a "coup" with a named predecessor in a matter of 3 months and that is about the timeline your looking at here.

As usual we're not going to agree on these things, but with the proper weaponry they can bleed the dam russian to death, yes it may be a costly for Ukraine, but from what I gather speaking with all my Ukrainian friends, even the ones who hated Zelensky before the war, they now support him wholly and the thought of giving up more territory to the russian is not up for negotiation.
As usual you make very persuasive argument. Do you think if Ukraine still had its nukes they and the US would have publicly pressed for them to join NATO?

The question we need to ask is who does the invasion of Ukraine benefit? Does Russia benefit? Does Ukraine benefit? Does the US benefit? Does the EU benefit? Nothing in this world happens unless someone benefits so exactly who is it that benefits?
Based on what we have seen I don't see any of the above benefiting now or anytime in the future? While I can see some benefits for China, it doesn't make sense they would push Russia to invade Ukraine.
Everyone involved had to know a war in Ukraine would cause shortages in energy, grain, fertilizer and cause increases in price of these goods. Who benefits from that?

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
As usual you make very persuasive argument. Do you think if Ukraine still had its nukes they and the US would have publicly pressed for them to join NATO?

PD, that I don't know. My guess is that the russian had no latitude if Ukraine had asked for membership into NATO. Think it would have all depended on whether the negotiation became....if we join NATO we'll get rid of our nukes, in which case little putin would have been able to do a big nothing.

My thought of a grand coup right now would allow for Kaliningrad to hold a referendum to Join the EU and be their own country. Oh man, if they did vote to join the EU, can you imagine the fallout from that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT