ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Stimulus Package

CowboyPhil

All-American
Nov 21, 2001
Just heard that they're putting the $15 minimum wage into it. This includes getting rid of the "tip minimum" stipulation also.

How's that going to go over economically? I can't imagine many small businesses will like it. Restaurants will have to pay servers the full $15 also. Will restaurants be able to handle that? How many are going to just up and close and not deal with it?

A fourth stimulus will be needed for the jump in unemployment numbers after that hits.

Just heard that they're putting the $15 minimum wage into it. This includes getting rid of the "tip minimum" stipulation also.

How's that going to go over economically? I can't imagine many small businesses will like it. Restaurants will have to pay servers the full $15 also. Will restaurants be able to handle that? How many are going to just up and close and not deal with it?

A fourth stimulus will be needed for the jump in unemployment numbers after that hits.
You’re probably correct, and I’m sure the Democrats (and most Republicans) will be plenty happy with a fourth stimulus package.

Reactions: windriverrange

$15 minimum wage will lead to massive layoffs and cause the US to be uncompetitive in the global market. Incredibly stupid move. I can tell you when I first entered the job market in my teens I sure as heck wasn’t worth $15 an hour. They are doing this for votes and not considering the ramifications. It would be incredibly difficult to unravel if done and could put our rocky economy into a deep depression.

Reactions: Tulsaaggieson

thought that was just for federal employees, not everyone. maybe not. nope, it's everyone. misread the word federal.

Bring it on Joe! But let's get working on the price of oil. We need $4 gas to make this all work.

am i reading

waitstaff in OK $15 an hour plus tips?

no small town locally owned restaurant will survive

Reactions: Tulsaaggieson
The market took a big shit on it.

I hate the universal minimum wage increase. People will lose their jobs.
They are attempting to cave in hard working peoples 401ks. All so they can give to those who won’t put in the effort for their money. Anyone in America that has an iq of 85 or above can put in the effort to earn $15 an hour in the long run. Dems just want to create a welfare state that sucks on the tit of the government.

Last edited:
It'll get passed down to the consumer...and the consumers won't want to pay, businesses will shut down.
This is a bad idea. But as mentioned above, they're looking for more votes.

It'll get passed down to the consumer...and the consumers won't want to pay, businesses will shut down.
This is a bad idea. But as mentioned above, they're looking for more votes.
Really it appears China joe is looking out for his friends the Chinese. Already tough to compete with their labor force. It would be impossible with that minimum wage. Would have thought such a thing from a completely compromised man.

Something I haven't seen anyone talk about is what about those people that are currently working for $15 to $20 an hour? You think they will be happy people that are only qualified to work minimum wage jobs will be making close to the same kind of money they are? This will also effect those that work under Union Contracts. When the minumum wage rises the unions are able to demand more from companies.
Raising the minimum wage does nothing but create inflation. Cost of goods and services will inevitably rise because business is not going to eat the cost and those that are making minimum wage will be in the same position they are in today.

Inflation is good for me. I can raise rents on properties I already own outright and the property values will increase right along with inflation but as usual Democrats do not think of the consequences and the little guy gets hammered all while thinking it's a good thing.

Something I haven't seen anyone talk about is what about those people that are currently working for $15 to $20 an hour? You think they will be happy people that are only qualified to work minimum wage jobs will be making close to the same kind of money they are? This will also effect those that work under Union Contracts. When the minumum wage rises the unions are able to demand more from companies.
Raising the minimum wage does nothing but create inflation. Cost of goods and services will inevitably rise because business is not going to eat the cost and those that are making minimum wage will be in the same position they are in today.

Inflation is good for me. I can raise rents on properties I already own outright and the property values will increase right along with inflation but as usual Democrats do not think of the consequences and the little guy gets hammered all while thinking it's a good thing.
Imagine busting your butt for $15 an hour and all of the sudden all the losers at your job are elevated to your pay. Your employer sure as heck can’t bump you up.

Imagine busting your butt for $15 an hour and all of the sudden all the losers at your job are elevated to your pay. Your employer sure as heck can’t bump you up.

What will happen is that good employee will be forced to find a job that will pay a higher wage when they realize their wages are not keeping up with inflation.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
What will happen is that good employee will be forced to find a job that will pay a higher wage when they realize their wages are not keeping up with inflation.
I would imagine it will be tough to break the $15 barrier once implemented. You would have to have an extremely skilled labor job or solid degree.

I would imagine it will be tough to break the $15 barrier once implemented. You would have to have an extremely skilled labor job or solid degree.

You might be right, if so the middleclass loses even more buying power.

Every times the minimum wage goes up, we all take a pay cut. And don’t get me started on the unemployment benefit bump. Paying someone even more to not work. That will motivate a person to get off the couch.

When I was in america the minimum wage was 2 dollars. What is it now

What about Pakistains?
Pakistan's minimum wage is 15,000 Pakistani rupees per month ($150). Pakistan's minimum wage was last changed in 1-Jun-2016.
There are 67 Countries with a higher minimum wage than Pakistain. I think even Mexico has that beat.

Current US minimum wage is 7,25 which is 15,080 per yr to Pakistains 1800 per year. Ouch.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner1

I have had this conversation many times. Usualy it is the salaried workers that take the biggest hit.

What about Pakistains?
Pakistan's minimum wage is 15,000 Pakistani rupees per month ($150). Pakistan's minimum wage was last changed in 1-Jun-2016.
There are 67 Countries with a higher minimum wage than Pakistain. I think even Mexico has that beat.

Current US minimum wage is 7,25 which is 15,080 per yr to Pakistains 1800 per year. Ouch.
Was i comparing american minimum wage to pakistan. I just wanted to understand what effect 15 dollar minimum wage would have on small businesses.
By the way I didnt know we were 67th in the world in wages not bad. Also let me know how many countries are below us so i can feel proud and look down on the countries below us.

Was i comparing american minimum wage to pakistan. I just wanted to understand what effect 15 dollar minimum wage would have on small businesses.
By the way I didnt know we were 67th in the world in wages not bad. Also let me know how many countries are below us so i can feel proud and look down on the countries below us.

What would a 15 dollar an hour minimum wage do to small businesses in Pakistain? And give me a break with the self righteous bull. You come here all the time to bad mouth Trump and half of America so don't get your panties in a wad when you get it back.

They are attempting to cave in hard working peoples 401ks. All so they can give to those who won’t put in the effort for their money. Anyone in America that has an iq of 85 or above can put in the effort to earn $15 an hour in the long run. Dems just want to create a welfare state that sucks on the tit of the government.
Ya mean like in commie countries? Surely the dims would never try to do that.

What would a 15 dollar an hour minimum wage do to small businesses in Pakistain? And give me a break with the self righteous bull. You come here all the time to bad mouth Trump and half of America so don't get your panties in a wad when you get it back.
Well more than half of america hates trump. On the liberal board i am on should hear whay are they saying about trump his family and the entire gang.
But i really did come on this thread to understand what would be the effect of 15$ an hour to the small businesses. Doubling the minimum wage could be disastrous to some sectors.
May be they shoiuld come up with a slab system. But how would the radical democrats take that would be something that biden to handle.

Well more than half of america hates trump. On the liberal board i am on should hear whay are they saying about trump his family and the entire gang.
But i really did come on this thread to understand what would be the effect of 15$ an hour to the small businesses. Doubling the minimum wage could be disastrous to some sectors.
May be they shoiuld come up with a slab system. But how would the radical democrats take that would be something that biden to handle.
A government mandated minimum wage is an abomination in a country that claims it is a free society that reveres private ownership of property, no matter how large or small it is. The beauty of a free market is wages to productivity reach an equilibrium. The wage payer decides how much productivity is needed to deserve a certain wage. The wage earner then can decide whether he can provide that productivity for that wage. Government interference in the transaction is a violation of free exchange.

An increase of the government mandated minimum wage will have the most impact on younger people with few marketable skills. If the employer determines the productivity required is not worth $15/hour he will not hire. The young low skilled person will have no place to learn skills.

it is always best to leave people free to determine their own fate.

Oh we know they are after him, his kids and his cabinet they have been for 4 yrs.
Maybe this can explain it better than I can.

A government mandated minimum wage is an abomination in a country that claims it is a free society that reveres private ownership of property, no matter how large or small it is. The beauty of a free market is wages to productivity reach an equilibrium. The wage payer decides how much productivity is needed to deserve a certain wage. The wage earner then can decide whether he can provide that productivity for that wage. Government interference in the transaction is a violation of free exchange.

An increase of the government mandated minimum wage will have the most impact on younger people with few marketable skills. If the employer determines the productivity required is not worth $15/hour he will not hire. The young low skilled person will have no place to learn skills.

Yes. Especially since employers are forced by Mother Nature to pay a living wage. If they didn’t, their workers would starve to death.

We are all slaves to the Masters, oh yeah we get paid for a job we do but who takes more and more and more each year? Think of what everyone could have if not for the Masters taking your ability to have true freedom.

Alibaba is worried about us. How can anyone Marry their Cousin? And you talk about Trump and America? Lmao.
Er6thIDXUAIna4L

In modern society, marrying one's cousin is considered wrong and frowned upon. ... Despite this, however, cousin marriages are far more common in Pakistan than we know. Awareness in urban centres may be making youngsters think twice before entering into it but our rural population still has a long way to go.

Explains your libtardism as I have always thought Liberalism is a direct result of inbreeding.

Dan can one family live on 15 dollars an hour.
If i can remember minimum wage was always set by the govt

No, a person cannot adequately provide for his family on a wage of $15/hour. The vast majority of minimum wage jobs are held by young people, teenagers, who work for spending money, and are not trying to provide for a family. That is one way they develop skills that deserve more, so when the time comes they are prepared to provide for their family. When government butts in and issues legal demands like an unreasonable minimum wage employers find other methods of getting the job done, which most harms those young kids and causes longer term issues when they haven’t learned the skills or discipline to deserve a higher paying job. Goodness, Ali, you’re a businessman with employees, you should know this!

Yes, minimum wage laws are dictates enforced by armed agents of the government, and they are always wrong.

Ali, here is a ten minute video of an interview with Don Boudreaux, an economist in whom I have the highest admiration, about the minimum wage. As he always does he says things ten times better than I ever could.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT