ADVERTISEMENT

Best original programming on Netflix / Amazon?

2 episodes in on Evil Genius on Netflix....it has been great so far.
There are some truly troubled people in the world. Finished the series and my mind was blown that they all found each other in the same town. Great series but creepy to know there are more people out there like this bunch of low-lifes with mental issues.

2 episodes in on Evil Genius on Netflix....it has been great so far.
There are some truly troubled people in the world. Finished the series and my mind was blown that they all found each other in the same town. Great series but creepy to know there are more people out there like this bunch of low-lifes with mental issues.
Watched that last weekend and meant to post in this thread. Really good documentary series.

Reactions: OrangePhish
The All or Nothing series on Amazon Prime are great. The Cardinals, Rams and Cowboys were all really good. Love Bruce Arians.

I was looking for something else so I watched the All or Nothing about the New Zealand All Blacks. It was great. I know very little about Rugby and really enjoyed it.

Haven't and won't watch the Michigan series. Harbaugh is so over rated and I cannot stand him. They have a soccer series also for people that are into that.

Mr Sunshine on Netflix.

Its about the Japanese annexation of Korea in 1900. It's a little "soap operaish", but if you can overlook the prolonged stares it may just be the best thing to ever drop on Netflix.

Mr Sunshine on Netflix.

Its about the Japanese annexation of Korea in 1900. It's a little "soap operaish", but if you can overlook the prolonged stares it may just be the best thing to ever drop on Netflix.

What genre? Fiction loosely based on actual events?

Not original programming, but Cheers is on Netflix. The only Netflix show that I don’t skip through the intro credits.

Had heard so much good stuff about Peaky Blinders, but I hate really getting into a short (6 episodes per season) series only to have to wait for a year for anymore.

So I held off for years and started it tonight.

Hooked. Watch the entire first season tonight. Still have 18 episodes to go. Will be done by Wednesday or so for sure. Don’t have much other stuff to do so it might end up sooner than that.

Highly recommended for anyone that held off for some reason. Most of you have probably already watched.

Patriot Season 2 on Amazon Prime released a couple weeks ago. Watched it to and from Europe this week. It was as great as the first season. I highly recommend this show.

Reactions: mseabolt
Really enjoying the docuseries, Dogs on Netflix. Haven’t watched all the episodes yet, but so far it’s a really nice show for dog lovers.

Has anyone watched Wanted on Netflix? 3 seasons and a Netflix original. I'm 3 episodes in on season 1 and entertaining so far.

Watched the documentary "Five Came Back" this week. Its about five directors Frank Capra, John Ford, John Huston, George Stevens and William Wyler and the films they made for the government during WWII. Excellent. Fairly short only three episodes about and hour and a half each but very well done. If you have any interest in the subjects of filmmaking , documentaries or WWII I recommend it.

Last edited:
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon is extremely well done. Tony Shaloub is great on that.

The wife and I binged season 1 and are half way through season 2. Freaking fantastic! Some of the best writing since Mad Men. But in a totally opposite way. This reminds me more of a Cary Grant, Clark Gable, or Doris Day type quick back and forth banter.

Besides the popular/obvious ones mentioned, here a few others we have come across (in no certain order):
  1. Red Oaks - Amazon - about kids working at a country club in the 80s
  2. Love - Netflix
  3. Evil Lives Here - Netflix
  4. Mindhunter - Netflix - FBI agents starting to look into psychology of murder
  5. Bosch - Amazon
  6. Californication (old Showtime series but still awesome)- on both i believe

Reactions: TPOKE
Doom Patrol on DC universe is just....... insane in all the good ways. Titans was great and Swamp Thing looks like it was directed by John Carpenter. It’s definitely worth the 8$ a month if you enjoy nearly unlimited comics as well.

Reactions: CowboyJD
Doom Patrol on DC universe is just....... insane in all the good ways. Titans was great and Swamp Thing looks like it was directed by John Carpenter. It’s definitely worth the 8$ a month if you enjoy nearly unlimited comics as well.

With the move from curated limited selections of books to 20,000+ issues, it’s almost too much content.

Between DC Universe and Marvel Unlimited, I almost don’t have time for real books between all the comic books.

With the move from curated limited selections of books to 20,000+ issues, it’s almost too much content.

Between DC Universe and Marvel Unlimited, I almost don’t have time for real books between all the comic books.
It’s what completely sold me. I almost dropped 200$ on a complete hardcover set of Alan Moore’s run on The Saga of the Swamp Thing. Instead I’m now reading it in HD on my tv with swamp music on the surround sound. It’s a hell of a deal and like you said its gonna cut into my real world literacy consumption quite a bit. I have a lot of catching up to do with DC since college.

Reactions: CowboyJD
It’s what completely sold me. I almost dropped 200$ on a complete hardcover set of Alan Moore’s run on The Saga of the Swamp Thing. Instead I’m now reading it in HD on my tv with swamp music on the surround sound. It’s a hell of a deal and like you said its gonna cut into my real world literacy consumption quite a bit. I have a lot of catching up to do with DC since college.
That's awesome. I've been devouring books on Comixology.

Reactions: Pokeabear

Same here on the catching up.

Reactions: Pokeabear
Welp Doom patrol was Insane. I really hope that second season gets informed ASAP. I think this show is the most faithful and loving adaptation of any comic to TV yet.

Finally watch Ken Burns' "The War" last week. His WWII doc. WWII primarily through the eyes of the participants. More of a micro view then The Civil War. Gives you a real sense of what those guys went through. Very good. Would high recommend it if you haven't watched.

I finished it over 2 days and really liked it also. I thought it was going to be more about BTK but it looks like that’s set up for season 3.

Couple of pretty good Netflix series I've binged in the last month. The Politician and Daybreak.

On a more serious note The Monster Next Door is a very good documentary.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT