ADVERTISEMENT

Best original programming on Netflix / Amazon?

Started and finished Bloodline in the past 10-14 days.

I'm very impressed. Cant wait for May 26th.

The suspense at the end of several episodes is so intense, that I think Ill need to take a 2 week tv reprieve in order to reset my expectations from tv.

The suspense at the end of several episodes is so intense, that I think Ill need to take a 2 week tv reprieve in order to reset my expectations from tv.
The first season was as good as about as good as TV gets. I liked the 2nd season a lot too, but it was a bit of a decline.

Started watching Riverdale on Netflix and am really enjoying it.

Teen mystery built upon Archie and Jughead comic books And is done In kind of a 90210, Buffy the vs, Friday night lights kind of way.

'Rory Scovel Does Standup for the First Time' on Netflix. Just came out. Extremely funny. Produced by Jack White (who also makes a cameo). I used to run in the same circles as Rory in DC, we were both doing open mic standup at the same time. Lots of talent in DC at that time, Erin Jackson (Ellen, Last Comic Standing), Ryan Conner (Last Comic Standing), Aparna Nancherla (Conan, Master of None), Seaton Smith (Conan, Mulaney), Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts), Andy Haynes (Conan), but Rory was the best of the bunch.

Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan
Any given Comrade Detective on Amazon a shot yet? I watched the 1st two on a plane today. It's intriguing.

Friends From College is really good.

Also recently finished the first season of Atlanta.

Did Roadies get cancelled? Thought it was good as well.

Just finished the first two seasons of "The Last Kingdom" on Netflix. Not bad, I'd watch more if they make them. It's basically about 800 AD England or at least the territories that will eventually make England. Lots of killing, rape, pillaging and rape. "You said rape twice? I like rape." Bonus points for anyone that knows that quote and permanent block for those that don't.

Peaky Blinders is great as always.

Just finished the first two seasons of "The Last Kingdom" on Netflix. Not bad, I'd watch more if they make them. It's basically about 800 AD England or at least the territories that will eventually make England. Lots of killing, rape, pillaging and rape. "You said rape twice? I like rape." Bonus points for anyone that knows that quote and permanent block for those that don't.

Peaky Blinders is great as always.

Blazing Saddles

Just watched episode 1 of Counterpart, starring J.K. Simmons, on Starz. Really strong start.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon is extremely well done. Tony Shaloub is great on that.

I'm on episode 10 of Babylon Berlin and it's definitely not as good as the critics claim. It's interesting to watch the aspect of German directors handling the pre-Hitler era, but for the most expensive German show ever the writing and plot are terrible.

Altered Carbon was good. Acting and writing is not going to knock you on your ass but it's entertaining and an interesting take on an oligarchic society of the future.

Just started Altered Carbon. It has the crazy dude from The Following and the Gov of Virginia from House of Cards.

I'm on episode 10 of Babylon Berlin and it's definitely not as good as the critics claim. It's interesting to watch the aspect of German directors handling the pre-Hitler era, but for the most expensive German show ever the writing and plot are terrible.

I watch the first four episode over the weekend. Really like it. I'm fascinated by that pre WWII era and the subject. Have no problem with the plot although it is very slow developing. Have no ideal what the critics are saying but overall I think we get a little too hungup on the whole GOAT TV standard. Every TV show isn't the Wire or Breaking Bad

Last edited:
Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan
I watch the first four episode over the weekend. Really like it. I'm fascinated by that pre WWII era and the subject. Have no problem with the plot although it is very slow developing. Have no ideal what the critics are saying but overall I think we get a little too hungup on the whole GOAT TV standard. Every TV show isn't the Wire or Breaking Bad

Let's just say I found it a little annoying that the hooker/secretary was the only one solving the mystery on the show.

Altered Carbon was a good watch. I am in the middle of Travelers first season. I really enjoyed Dirty Money documentaries even though they depress me after. American Vandal has me laughing pretty hard.

Altered Carbon was a good watch. I am in the middle of Travelers first season. I really enjoyed Dirty Money documentaries even though they depress me after. American Vandal has me laughing pretty hard.
I just finished Naked Carbon. The 1st season of Travelers is good, the 2nd season I quit watching.

The Ritual is an entertaining horror flick. Really well done.
Mute was panned pretty hard by critics, but I liked it. Paul Rudd is good in it.
Cloverfield Paradox is also good, ties in nicely to the series.

Watched Wind River on Netflix last night. Solid 8/10
That guy is off to an incredible start to his career. Sicario, Hell or High Water, and Wind River are all outstanding.

Can't wait for the 2nd Sicario movie.

Reactions: OrangePhish
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT