ADVERTISEMENT

Bedlam updates

Schafer v. Larson.

P1 - no score
P2 - Crazy scramble to start the period. Gramby roll by Larson, Schafer gets out, goes upper body and takes Larson to his back. 3-2 Schafer. Stall on Larson. Schafer rt 1:38 and leads 3-2.
P3 - Schafer esc. Leads 4-2. Larson shoots, but Schafer holds it off. Schafer wins 5-2 with RT.

OSU 6 - OU 0

Last edited:
Here's an update.... spates is even more insufferable than normal. My ears are bleeding just listening to that cheerleader.

Piccininni v. Moody

P1 - Long delay as they are trying to look at video review to see if Moody got a TD at the edge. TD not awarded. No score.
P2 - Piccininni with the escape. Leads 1-0. Piccininni gets the TD to lead 3-0. Moody esc 3-1. Piccininni gets TD. Leads 5-1 at end of 2.
P3 - Piccininni gets 4 pt near fall. Leads 9-1. Moody esc. 9-2. RT at 1:22. Piccininni with another TD. 11-2. 2:00 RT. Final is 12-2.

OSU 10 - OU 0

Last edited:
Brock v. Blackwell

P1 - Blackwell TD, Brock esc. 1-2. Brock TD 3-2. Blackwell out, and Brock with another TD. Leads 5-3. Restart. Rides out to lead 5-3 at end of 1.
P2 - Brock starts on top. Blackwell esc. 5-4. Brock TD 7-4. Blackwell esc. 7-5. RT at 1:30. Brock with another TD 9-5. End of 2 1:51 RT.
P3 - Blackwell riding and trying for a turn. RT under a minute. Brock esc. 10-5. Blackwell gets a TD at the end. Brock wins 10-7.

OSU 13 - OU 0

Last edited:
Heil v. Longo

P1 - Heil with quick TD. Longo esc. 2-1. Heil TD 4-1. Longo esc. 4-2. Longo wild shot, Heil counter TD 6-2. Turn and count 10-2. RT over a minute. 1:34 RT and a 10-2 lead after 1.
P2 - Heil starts on top. RT now over 2:00. Esc. 10-3. RT 2:35.
P3 - Heil esc. 11-3. Longo shoots, Heil counters, ref stops. No more scoring. RT 2:27 final 12-3.

OSU 17 - OU 0

Last edited:
Collica v. Jeffries

P1 - Collica double leg TD 2-0. Jeffries esc. 2-1. Collica with the ankle pick, but can't finish. 2-1 end of 1.
P2 - Jeffries esc. 2-2. Collica with the TD 4-2. Jeffries esc. 4-3. Jeffries loses point for fleeing the mat 5-3. Collica shoots, scamble, Jeffries shoots, but period ends at 5-3.
P3 - Collica gets reverse 7-3. RT over a minute. Jeffries gets esc. 7-4. Collica single leg, they roll, and Collica dives back in for TD 9-4. Jeffries esc. 9-5. RT makes it 10-5.

OSU 20 - OU 0

Last edited:
Blaylock v. Barnes

P1 - Blaylock shoots, Barnes blocks it off. Stalemate. Blaylock shoots again, warning on Barnes. Scoreless after 1.
P2 - Blaylock on bottom. Gets esc. 1-0. Another stalemate. Blaylock shooting, but can't finish. 1-0 end of 2.
P3 - Quick esc from Barnes 1-1. Stall against Barnes, penalty 2-1. Blaylock shoots, can't finish. Blaylock finally gets the TD and then gives up the esc. 4-2. Another TD 6-2. Esc. and Blaylock wins 6-3.

OSU 23 - OU 0

Last edited:
Rogers v. Glass

P1 - Glass shoots, Rogers fighting it off. Stalemate call. No score after one.
P2 - Glass esc. 0-1. Glass shoots, Rogers counters, off the edge. Glass again with the leg, Rogers trying to fight him off. End of 2. Glass leads 1-0. Rogers needs to get going.
P3 - Rogers esc. 1-1. Rogers shoots, Glass fights it off. Stalemate again. No offensive scoring, going to OT.
OT - Glass with the single leg, Rogers fighting, bouncing on one leg. Glass finally finishes and gets the OT win 3-1.

OSU 23 - OU 3

Last edited:
Spates kept calling Collica Jonce Blalock. Finally fixed it at the end of the match.

Good win for Glass. Whew...I was seriously afraid we would get shut out. OSU is just so dominant.

Japancowboy,

Are you able to watch the match on fox sports go in Japan? I live in Japan too and wasn't able to get it this morning using our vpn. Any tips you have would be much appreciated.

BTW, I'm only listening to our radio broadcast. It sounded like Rogers spent the whole match just fighting off Glass's attempts. Didn't sound good at all.

Crutchmer v. Hansen

P1 - no score. Sounds like some shoving at the end of 1.
P2 - Hansen apparently gave up a penalty point for stalling. Crutchmer gets reversal to lead 3-0. Hansen esc. 3-1. Crutchmer gets double leg 5-1.
P3 - Hansen esc. Crutchmer TD leads 7-2. Gives up esc. 7-3. Another TD 9-3. Another, and now a cradle. Esc. Another TD. Jeez, what a period. Lots of scoring and gets the 21-6 tech fall. Holy crap!

OSU 28 - OU 3

Last edited:
Boyd v. Dixon

P1 - Dixon stalling call. Boyd upper body takes Dixon to his back. 6-0. Dixon gets up, and Boyd takes him right back down. RT over a minute.
P2 - Boyd on top. Dixon esc. 6-1. Dixon stall 7-1. Boyd going for the fall, gets 4-pt nf, and leads 13-1.
P3 - Boyd starts down and gets esc. 14-1. RT over 2 minutes. Boyd shoots, gets the TD, which ends the match with a tech fall 17-1.

OSU 33 - OU 3 is the final.

Last edited:
Too bad Rogers couldn't get anything going. 36-0 would have been pretty sweet. As it is, 33-3 is pretty great as well. Could be a special year!

Here's an update.... spates is even more insufferable than normal. My ears are bleeding just listening to that cheerleader.
Spates has got to be the worst announcer that is familiar with the sport. He is obviously knowledgeable, but his understandable bias makes him come across as clueless.

On a positive note, team looked pretty good, Blaylock is really impressive!!

In the Collica match I heard Lou yell with 21 seconds left to Davion "don't give up 3 points!" Pretty comical to watch Jeffries avoid Collica like it would make a difference

Nice team effort. Schafer looks so much better at Hwt. If Rogers can't work his funky stuff he's in big trouble versus a solid wrestler.

Not sure if rodgers is good with the cut yet. john talked about chandler being down to 65 being a process for him during the year. hopefully he can get it together. if not maybe joe since blaylock is showing hes capable

Blaylock is a 49 pounder, he had trouble finishing against the OU kid. Jus not the horsepower to make it at 157. We need Joe wrestling and Chandler needs to get the weight under control. Not that concerned about the weight. Glass is a very solid wrestler and had Chandler scouted very well. he still has to beat Glass if he is going to high AA.

Just my opinion, while the guys did what they needed to, I just got the sense they were a little disinterested. Maybe I'm off but it just seemed that way. They are as good as a dual team as I have seen in a while. OU wrestled hard for the most part.... I just can't understand how they got to this position without the administration seeing this direction and stopping it before they did. Someone fell asleep at the switch!

Just my opinion, while the guys did what they needed to, I just got the sense they were a little disinterested. Maybe I'm off but it just seemed that way. They are as good as a dual team as I have seen in a while. OU wrestled hard for the most part.... I just can't understand how they got to this position without the administration seeing this direction and stopping it before they did. Someone fell asleep at the switch!

Really good point. I actually came away thinking OU wrestled very hard and well in most matches and they still almost got blanked. It shows the real gap between the programs right now.

I mean we all knew the gap was huge this year but it is startling to see it in person.

I feel in order to win ncaas they have to bonus and I believe that has been a big point of emphasis. That may be where the disappointment lies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT