ADVERTISEMENT

Be proud Pokes, for shame Hawkeyes

I'm not sure which "State"you mean, but I have taken my own home poll. I have a dad,son, and 2 brothers who are huge Iowa fans and they fit the the definition quite well! My daughter is even starting to lean that way. The shame.

I like the idea of being despised by our rivals. I have no problem with the Hawkeye fans I have met, but appreciate the definition. There are always a few fans from any base that say and do stupid things and forget it is a game.

I'm not sure which "State"you mean, but I have taken my own home poll. I have a dad,son, and 2 brothers who are huge Iowa fans and they fit the the definition quite well! My daughter is even starting to lean that way. The shame.
So you dad and son are aholes?What a family!!

So you dad and son are aholes?What a family!!
Does not surprise me that this is going to be people on both sides calling the kettle black. I do not relish being hated by Hawkeyes and I have to say on a one on one basis they are cordial. As a group not so much but I suspect that Hawk fans feel the same way about us.There are more hawk fans in wrestling so even if the percentage of bad guys on both sides is even they have more bad guys. I have always felt that one thing is true any time either side indicates their wrestler at a certain weight is superior the fight starts. This is rivalry and I used to take it a lot more seriously than I do now. I can not say that some of my best friends are hawks but then again I just do not move in the same circles. Rivalry is good, poor sportsmanship is bad no matter the side.

Does not surprise me that this is going to be people on both sides calling the kettle black. I do not relish being hated by Hawkeyes and I have to say on a one on one basis they are cordial. As a group not so much but I suspect that Hawk fans feel the same way about us.There are more hawk fans in wrestling so even if the percentage of bad guys on both sides is even they have more bad guys. I have always felt that one thing is true any time either side indicates their wrestler at a certain weight is superior the fight starts. This is rivalry and I used to take it a lot more seriously than I do now. I can not say that some of my best friends are hawks but then again I just do not move in the same circles. Rivalry is good, poor sportsmanship is bad no matter the side.

Wrestling fans respect the sport and those who compete even if in a different singlet. While there may be dislike, because of the respect IMO fans from all schools get a long pretty well (for the most part) Always going to be bad apples in every bunch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT