ADVERTISEMENT

Baby Formula Shortage Hits Crisis Level

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010
There’s nothing sexier than a lactating Mom, Happy Mother’s Day ladies !
Both of our kids were pretty good size when they were born. My daughter was right at 10 pounds and my son, who they took a month early, because of his size was over 9 pounds. She could not produce enough breast milk to feed the kids and we were forced to feed formula. I can't imagine what it's like parents not being able to find formula for their kids all because the supply chain is screwed up.

I really do feel sorry for those moms that can’t for whatever reasons. For my two kids I couldn’t. Nothing health wise wrong but body just didn’t produce. We relied on formula. My question is what was used before formula came to be. Millions of babies were born before formula surely we can figure something out by looking at the past.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton

Parents are finding it almost impossible to find baby formula in the stores or online. How does this happen in country as wealthy as ours?
In this case, all it took was Trump being Trump, fvking up everything he touches.

The U.S. imposes high tariffs—up to 17.5%—on imported baby formula. Formula is also subject to a mechanism called a tariff-rate quota, where additional duties can be placed on goods once total imports pass a certain level. As part of the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA), negotiated by President Donald Trump to replace the North America Free Trade Agreement in July 2020, Canada agreed to impose an additional surcharge of $3/kg if the total volume of its global formula exports—not just exports to the U.S.—broke a certain threshold. That threshold is currently set at 40,480 metric tons for the current "dairy year" of August 1 2021 to July 31 2022. The new duties seemingly closed off Canada as a source of infant formula. The U.S. imported a grand total of zero tons of baby formula from its nothern neighbor in 2021, yet has shipped tons of domestic formula into Canada. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S.-manufactured infant formula made up the largest component of U.S. dairy exports to Canada in 2021, accounting for 22% of all northbound dairy trade.

• Haha
Reactions: Medic007
Poor Sys failing for the Democrat propaganda again.

LMFAO someone criticized the dear leader and here comes the cult!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT