ADVERTISEMENT

Autism

HighStickHarry

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Apr 21, 2006
Globally, autism is estimated to affect 21.7 million people as of 2013.[13] As of 2010, the number of people affected is estimated at about 1–2 per 1,000 worldwide. It occurs four to five times more often in boys than girls. About 1.5% of children in the United States (one in 68) are diagnosed with ASD as of 2014, a 30% increase from one in 88 in 2012.[14][15][16] The rate of autism among adults aged 18 years and over in the United Kingdom is 1.1%.[17] The number of people diagnosed has been increasing dramatically since the 1980s, partly due to changes in diagnostic practice and government-subsidized financial incentives for named diagnoses;[16] the question of whether actual rates have increased is unresolved.[18]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism

As a physician, step father, uncle, and American....all I can say is this:

There is certainly some real bullshit going on.

The fact that I have witnessed family members and friends dealing with this (and at the rate I have seen personally) tells me that whatever the vector is, it's very real. One of my friends has had the unfortunate happenstance of both children being diagnosed with autism.

I used to pass things off such as this as being "chic diagnoses"...as if it were the trendy thing to do like trying to cure syphilis with mercury in the 1800s. "Whoops! The patient died good sir, and their liver looked not unlike a fine bullet to quell the werewolf population, but, HARK!, we cured the patients' syphilis!!" I could name some other startling medical stupidity, but some could cause arguments lol.

Whatever the hell is going on, whether it be a product of our sugar and shit diets in the female during gestation, perhaps even both parents' food intake prior to coupling, or radio waves from North Korea, it's affecting the population at an exponential rate.

And after 100 years, this could really affect dating sites.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT