ADVERTISEMENT

Attention @Syskatine

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
Remember when you were full of praise for the way Australia’s government was handling the Covid pandemic, and said that’s how DJT should have reacted but was too stupid to know it. How do you like Australia now?

Last edited:
Remember when you were full of praise for the way Australia’s government was handling the Covid pandemic, and said that’s how DJT should have reacted but was too stupid to know it. How do you like Australia now?

what's the issue? Government still trying to manage the pandemic and their MAGA equivalent is raising hell and refusing to participate? I would certainly believe that Australia's conservatives are undermining public health like they do here. If you'd like an example, I have a thread devoted to MAGA people gloating over their refusal to vaccinate or mask up, then they get sick, then they die and spin it as a celebration of Jesus' loyalty and power. I wouldn't be surprised if other countries are dealing with the same dynamic. Is it a bunch of anti-goverment types raising hell?

You haven't learned that getting through to Sys and his pals is completely beyond your reach?

You haven't learned that getting through to Sys and his pals is completely beyond your reach?
It just takes facts and logic, Sunny. You gotta listen to smart people, though. Can't parrot Sidney Powell and Lin Wood and Trump.

what's the issue? Government still trying to manage the pandemic and their MAGA equivalent is raising hell and refusing to participate? I would certainly believe that Australia's conservatives are undermining public health like they do here. If you'd like an example, I have a thread devoted to MAGA people gloating over their refusal to vaccinate or mask up, then they get sick, then they die and spin it as a celebration of Jesus' loyalty and power. I wouldn't be surprised if other countries are dealing with the same dynamic. Is it a bunch of anti-goverment types raising hell?
To be honest I have learned not to expect a whole lot from you. But this is an issue I would have thought even you would have grave concerns about. Silly me. I actually thought you would recognize the formation of an authoritarian police state as it materializes in front of your eyes. I see only two possibilities: either you don’t know a police state when you see one, or you think a police state is needed in this situation.

• Haha
Reactions: OUSOONER67
To be honest I have learned not to expect a whole lot from you. But this is an issue I would have thought even you would have grave concerns about. Silly me. I actually thought you would recognize the formation of an authoritarian police state as it materializes in front of your eyes. I see only two possibilities: either you don’t know a police state when you see one, or you think a police state is needed in this situation.
Well, I have to ask questions to get accurate information, Dan. I'm disappointed you ignore the context of what and who has been pushing back here. Lots of people have died because they have fallen for anti-government, anti-vax, anti-mask rhetoric. I hope its not the same element in Australia.

Well, I have to ask questions to get accurate information, Dan. I'm disappointed you ignore the context of what and who has been pushing back here. Lots of people have died because they have fallen for anti-government, anti-vax, anti-mask rhetoric. I hope its not the same element in Australia.

Here’s the thing that you never seem to understand. In a free society individuals can be as anti-vaccine as they want to be. They can rail against and ridicule vaccines and those who get them to their hearts’ content. They can watch as other anti-vaxxers drop like flies around them, ignoring all evidence that shows them to be in error, but not having to fear a black-uniformed government thug beating them into submission. That’s a defining characteristic of what freedom means, what a free society is, how it operates.

Authoritarian government actions of the type being used in Australia are the exact opposite of freedom. They are the actions of a police state, the defining characteristic of tyranny. No one who values his own sovereignty can look at what’s happening in Australia and be okay with it. It is shocking to me that you fit that description. As I said earlier I have learned not to expect much from you, but, damn! You’ve lowered the bar to ground level.

Here’s the thing that you never seem to understand. In a free society individuals can be as anti-vaccine as they want to be. They can rail against and ridicule vaccines and those who get them to their hearts’ content. They can watch as other anti-vaxxers drop like flies around them, ignoring all evidence that shows them to be in error, but not having to fear a black-uniformed government thug beating them into submission. That’s a defining characteristic of what freedom means, what a free society is, how it operates.

Authoritarian government actions of the type being used in Australia are the exact opposite of freedom. They are the actions of a police state, the defining characteristic of tyranny. No one who values his own sovereignty can look at what’s happening in Australia and be okay with it. It is shocking to me that you fit that description. As I said earlier I have learned not to expect much from you, but, damn! You’ve lowered the bar to ground level.

Well, sorry to disappoint, Dan.

You should think about not parroting anti-vax talking points like calling governments police states that want basic public health measures. The people that think like you are dying left and right.

As for Australia, i've just seen tweets, haven't looked into it much. Looks like anti-vaxers are raising hell? Is that it?

We're currently in a soft tyranny. Ponca Dan gets it. This is not wave mechanics.

A stiff who draws dozens to rallies in Scranton and Phoenix, many wearing MAGA hats and can't draw 5 cars to a Jack in the Box drive thru, likely did not receive an all time record 81 million LEGAL votes. The U. S. average IQ is a paltry 98. Not 68.

Well, sorry to disappoint, Dan.

You should think about not parroting anti-vax talking points like calling governments police states that want basic public health measures. The people that think like you are dying left and right.

As for Australia, i've just seen tweets, haven't looked into it much. Looks like anti-vaxers are raising hell? Is that it?
I realize I might as well beat my head against a wall as have a conversation with someone who either can’t distinguish between anti-vaccine rhetoric and anti-tyranny rhetoric, or pretends he can’t distinguish between the two because he thinks he’s in a debate not a conversation and he thinks being pig-headed is the ticket to wining the debate. So I’ll go ahead and quit the “debate” now.

I know you didn’t bother to read the link I posted or look at any of the videos. It’s understandable. It’s human nature when your mind is made up not to listen to anything that might cloud the decision

But I would ask you as a personal favor to me to read this opinion piece by far left libertarian Caitlin Johnstone. It’s not about vaccines, it’s about how people have been manipulated and don’t even know it. You’ll read it and think she’s describing every MAGA adherent alive today. And you’ll be right. But I would ask you to stop and ponder in one of your quiet and reflective moments (assuming you have them) if maybe, just maybe she’s talking about you, too.

https://caitlinjohnstone.substack.com/p/people-dont-understand-how-unfree dable.

Last edited:
Reactions: OUSOONER67
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT