ADVERTISEMENT

ATT Network Down

ATT said it was a software update.

The problem here is not what they are saying. The problem is the lack of trust in any institution to remotely tell the truth. It very well could have been a software update. Take a poll, I would bet at least 50%+ don't believe what ATT is selling. This is the problem with the lack of truth being thrown around everywhere. Eventually, no one believes anyone.

You can't even believe an AI program because of this same problem. If you design an AI program to lie, it will learn how to lie. Once it learns how to lie, you can't trust anything it says.

d69b8c5065761315.jpg

Based on some patterns of the outage it definitely is more likely that it was a software screw up.

A pretty colossal software screw up, but still.

Seeing all the freak out over it definitely gave me pause to consider how modern humans seem incapable of functioning without being plugged in to the internet…

Based on some patterns of the outage it definitely is more likely that it was a software screw up.

A pretty colossal software screw up, but still.

Seeing all the freak out over it definitely gave me pause to consider how modern humans seem incapable of functioning without being plugged in to the internet…
Or electricity. During that big freeze we had a couple of years ago I was appalled with how many people were unable to care for themselves for a few days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT