ADVERTISEMENT

AMC's Better Call Saul

Finally we see Saul Goodman this season. Excited to see Gus back as well.

One of the best shows on TV. An incredily slow burn but i would say the best looking show out right now.

Agreed. Fargo is also off to a great start though.

I mentioned in another TV thread that Feud: Bette and Joan was unexpectedly great. It just ended on FX, but I'm sure you could binge it in multiple places. It's an anthology series created by the same guy who created American Horror Story; each season will feature a different "feud". Next season is Charles and Diana. The cast was amazing and the look of it was right on. I'll be amazed if Susan Sarandon and/or Jessica Lange don't get Emmy/Golden Globe nominations/awards (especially Sarandon IMO).

I mentioned in another TV thread that Feud: Bette and Joan was unexpectedly great. It just ended on FX, but I'm sure you could binge it in multiple places. It's an anthology series created by the same guy who created American Horror Story; each season will feature a different "feud". Next season is Charles and Diana. The cast was amazing and the look of it was right on. I'll be amazed if Susan Sarandon and/or Jessica Lange don't get Emmy/Golden Globe nominations/awards (especially Sarandon IMO).
FX has been doing some amazing things! I'm going to have to check that series out.

Man, so glad they brought Gus back!!!

Mike continues to be my favorite character on TV

I'm gonna have to admit that Fargo is really, really disappointing me right now. Just not into any of the characters, other than maybe the pyscho girlfriend. The creepy guy taking over the office is good too, but the main characters are blah.

Great to see Huell. I had forgotten about him. The Breaking Bad call backs seem to be showing up in every episode this season. From the previews, sounds like we hear the name Saul Goodman, for the first time, next week.

Reactions: GratefulDave
Great to see Huell. I had forgotten about him. The Breaking Bad call backs seem to be showing up in every episode this season. From the previews, sounds like we hear the name Saul Goodman, for the first time, next week.
Yeah, and it apparently was Kim's idea?

Yeah, and it apparently was Kim's idea?

You think? I figured it was Jimmy. Mike sent him to the veterinarian to find a guy that could slip the battery into Chuck's pocket. I figured Kim vetted Jimmy's plan and went along with it. Obviously, Jimmy was the one that knew about the ex-wife and brought her in.

You think? I figured it was Jimmy. Mike sent him to the veterinarian to find a guy that could slip the battery into Chuck's pocket. I figured Kim vetted Jimmy's plan and went along with it. Obviously, Jimmy was the one that knew about the ex-wife and brought her in.
Sorry; I was talking about "Saul Goodman" being her idea. It was her voice saying it in the promo, and her tone wasn't a questioning one from what I heard.

One of the best episodes of the series without a doubt. It's amazing how quickly I went from wanting to punch Michael McKeon in the face to feeling pity for the guy. I also loved Kim's dig at Howard about nepotism...classic.

One of the best episodes of the series without a doubt. It's amazing how quickly I went from wanting to punch Michael McKeon in the face to feeling pity for the guy. I also loved Kim's dig at Howard about nepotism...classic.
Kim: and what's the name of your law firm Mr. Hamlin?........Howard: Hamlin, Hamlin and McGill. Kim: and who is the other Hamlin? That was one of the great take-downs of all time.

The thing I get from this episode, and it's been shown all along, but this one hammered it home was how much Jimmy really loved his brother. He knows that Chuck is as crazed as a shit-house rat and the whole thing is mental illness, but he was willing to bend over backwards to help him and pretend like it was a "real". This was based IMHO on his knowledge that Chuck so loves the law and it's the thing that keeps him going that if it came out that this was some sort of psychosis, rather than a legitimate illness, Chuck would have to leave the firm and would almost certainly be disbarred himself.

And yet, Chuck still harbors these childhood grudges based on his sibling rivalry and apparent belief that his parents loved Jimmy more than him and indulged him. (Made me thing of the old Smother's Brother's routine where they argued over who their mother loved more.)

The other thing that Chuck can't forgive (again IMHO) is that Jimmy is just as smart as Chuck (when he puts his mind to it, with a real sense of "street-smarts" and cleverness thrown in for good measure) and I think that really chaps Chuck's tender ass. For all the silk-stocking reputation of Hamlin, Hamlin & McGill and Davis and Main, the reality is that it was Jimmy who was able to uncover the massive fraud scheme being perpetuated by Sandpiper, and none of their attorneys would have ever even come close to sniffing it out, like Jimmy did.

Saul Goodman finally appears!

Love the fact that he didn't directly become Saul Goodman Attorney but instead created a character for TV adds to sell TV adds. Interested to see what happens to make him shed the McGill name completely. I'm kind of leaning its something Chuck does. Wouldn't surprise me if Chuck goes complete off the deep end very publically.

Last edited:
Mike is the man. I'm a huge fan of the USA show Burn Notice, Mike has a lot of hit man / spy tricks. I loved Breaking Bad, but I'm thinking they've done Better Call Saul even better.

Reactions: NeekReevers
So did he go in there to sabotage Chuck or did he just call an audible when it because apparent that he wasn't getting a refund.

They hadn't been returning his calls for weeks so I think he genuinely went in there to see if he could get a refund of thousands of dollars of malpractice insurance. Once he finally realized he had no shot of getting it back it pissed him off and he decided to further stick it to Chuck.

They hadn't been returning his calls for weeks so I think he genuinely went in there to see if he could get a refund of thousands of dollars of malpractice insurance. Once he finally realized he had no shot of getting it back it pissed him off and he decided to further stick it to Chuck.
Agreed. When he first started crying, I thought he was playing the sympathy card in hopes that the assistant would push through the refund for him. It became obvious what he was doing, though, as soon as he started rambling about Chuck.

It will be really interesting to see how Chuck responds to this.

Reactions: Been Jammin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT