ADVERTISEMENT

ACA repeal bill

No buying across state lines. Looks like same thing just new name. Healthcare is the social security of its time. Once the entitlement is in place no politician will get rid of it. Might as well leave Obamacare in place and let it implode.

A big swing and a miss if you ask me .. except I say no tax dollars for Planned Parenthood is right.

There are plenty of pro choice folks that can fund it.

Last edited:
Thank goodness, I was getting worried about poor Rand Paul, walking the Halls of the Capital Building, toting his photocopier behind him in a futile attempt to get his hands on the House Republican's proposed legislation.....

BTW, Rand still has (0) cosponsors for his Senate Bill to repeal the ACA. That's pretty much a sure sign it's not going anywhere, except for a journey to its death.

Meh...doesn't seem to be what Trump presented in his speech to Congress, Rand's plan or really that much of a change.

Reactions: ctdub and JimmyBob
Meh...doesn't seem to be what Trump presented in his speech to Congress, Rand's plan or really that much of a change.

Subtitled: you can't polish a turd. Subsidies vs. tax credits, blah, blah.... The end result will still be an entitlement program which the R's will own. Not sure what the "real" solution is, but it's here to stay. I can't wait to see what the incentive is for the 26 year-old basement dwellers.

JD, I think you're being much too tough on them, they've only had 6 years to come up with a workable replacement plan. How much can you realistically expect them to get done in such a short amount of time?

Reactions: ctdub
Unlike Pelosi who said you would have to pass the ACA to see what is in it, you have to get something proposed to get some debate, it is a starting point. Legislative process should include debate, from both sides. Nothing could be rolled out that would be perfect from the start, Dems already proved that with the ACA which was crammed down the Reps throats. Ideally both parties fix this SOB and the Reps are going to allow debate and that should have happened the first time, that is what Americans should be demanding. If Dems do not want to engage in meaningful dialogue to improve health care, then screw them and let the Reps hammer it out. Sadly, I think Dems obstruct and make fun, and the loser is the American people, I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: OSUIvan
Unlike Pelosi who said you would have to pass the ACA to see what is in it, you have to get something proposed to get some debate, it is a starting point. Legislative process should include debate, from both sides. Nothing could be rolled out that would be perfect from the start, Dems already proved that with the ACA which was crammed down the Reps throats. Ideally both parties fix this SOB and the Reps are going to allow debate and that should have happened the first time, that is what Americans should be demanding. If Dems do not want to engage in meaningful dialogue to improve health care, then screw them and let the Reps hammer it out. Sadly, I think Dems obstruct and make fun, and the loser is the American people, I hope I am wrong.

Both parties aren't going to fix shit. The R's will own it, and call it what you want, but the entitlement is here to stay. Plus 1 for the Kenyan.

A big swing and a miss if you ask me .. except I say no tax dollars for Planned Parenthood is right.

There are plenty of pro choice folks that can fund it.
So you think Planned Parenthood - a business that provides many health services besides abortion should be excluded from insurance payments for those services?

No reimbursement for breast exams, PAP smears, etc? How do you justify that again?

Unlike Pelosi who said you would have to pass the ACA to see what is in it,
That's the biggest load of happy horse shit that's been passed around for ages now and its simply wrong and is also a misquote.

That is NOT what she said and it shows a lack of understanding of how the legislative process actually works. Here's the actual quote: "But we have to pass the bill so YOU can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy." (Analogy, it's one thing to say - "the garage is locked but I sure would like to see the old car that's in there." Compared to - "the garage is locked, I sure would like to show you what the old car in there looks like (knowing what the car looks like yourself.)) She was NOT saying she did not know what was in the bill and she never said such a thing.

Here's the deal and here's why the "take" on the quote is straight up BS. A bill cannot be voted on, until such times as it has been introduced on the House or Senate floor by its sponsor(s). As soon as it is accepted, an electronic version of the full contents of that bill is forwarded to the Library of Congress who maintains a searchable database. In addition, the bill is forwarded to the Federal Register who likewise publishes the bill within a few days.

In the case of ACA. both the House and Senate bills had been introduced and published (with their contents known to everyone in Congress and the public) in September 2009. Pelosi's quote was made in March, some 6+ months after the bill(s) had been published. She knew what was the bill and the larger context of her speech to the group she was addressing was about what she thought were unfair attacks, including things like "Death Panels." By the time she had made the statement, the bill(s) had been gone over with a fine-tooth comb by both sides of the aisle. Six months is hardly a "rush-job" or an attempt to hide the contents of the legislation.

That's the biggest load of happy horse shit that's been passed around for ages now and its simply wrong and is also a misquote.

That is NOT what she said and it shows a lack of understanding of how the legislative process actually works. Here's the actual quote: "But we have to pass the bill so YOU can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy." (Analogy, it's one thing to say - "the garage is locked but I sure would like to see the old car that's in there." Compared to - "the garage is locked, I sure would like to show you what the old car in there looks like (knowing what the car looks like yourself.)) She was NOT saying she did not know what was in the bill and she never said such a thing.

Here's the deal and here's why the "take" on the quote is straight up BS. A bill cannot be voted on, until such times as it has been introduced on the House or Senate floor by its sponsor(s). As soon as it is accepted, an electronic version of the full contents of that bill is forwarded to the Library of Congress who maintains a searchable database. In addition, the bill is forwarded to the Federal Register who likewise publishes the bill within a few days.

In the case of ACA. both the House and Senate bills had been introduced and published (with their contents known to everyone in Congress and the public) in September 2009. Pelosi's quote was made in March, some 6+ months after the bill(s) had been published. She knew what was the bill and the larger context of her speech to the group she was addressing was about what she thought were unfair attacks, including things like "Death Panels." By the time she had made the statement, the bill(s) had been gone over with a fine-tooth comb by both sides of the aisle. Six months is hardly a "rush-job" or an attempt to hide the contents of the legislation.
Except GRUBER...

You can't polish that turd. Or the floater that kept saying "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor." over and over and over and over. Either Obama was clueless (quite possible, not that bright of a guy) or he LIED to the people.

No matter what the corpse Pelosi said or meant, nor what the Dipshit in Chief or the rest of the retards on left said or meant, they stuck us with the great American herpes. The Dems will try to blame Trump, but that thing blistered up the whole left well before Trump got involved. We know who gave us the shit.

Why does there have to be a replacement? Why not simply repeal? It isn't like healthcare didn't exhaust before...it just got more complicated after. The problem we all had with it before was it was too expensive. So...it is still too expensive, but even more so. A few people got insurance through Medicaid and a few more got it due to preexisting conditions. The majority of the 20 million that are on Obamacare exchanges though had insurance before but had their plans canceled.

Step 1: Kill the entire thing
Step 2: Leave some money to cover Medicaid expansion, preexisting conditions, and the 26 year old thing for a few years. Those are the 3 things people liked.
Step 3: start passing small piece legislation fixing actual problems, not just throwing money at it, like insurance across state lines, FDA, tort reform, etc.

Step 2 won't be cheap, but provides the time to get shit done.

Come on Wood...shows a lack of understanding how the legislative process works? You mean like ramming a bill down the throat of this country with no bi-partisan support and people out and out lying about the costs? Pelosi is a hack of monumental proportions and defending anything she say/supports is Gruberish.

On the other hand any Republican who ran for office base on their desire to repeal this monstrosity should be arrested for fraud, tarred and feathered then run out of town. Bunch of dam blowhards, how can they have had 6+ years to plan for this and look like such buffoons!

States Convention seems more and more like the only way to repeal the growth of the federal government and the associated stupidity that comes with it.

Reactions: Medic007
So you think Planned Parenthood - a business that provides many health services besides abortion should be excluded from insurance payments for those services?

No reimbursement for breast exams, PAP smears, etc? How do you justify that again?
The House Republicans’ American Health Care Act would block federal funding to Planned Parenthood .. Didn't say anything about insurance payments from insurance plans. I choose what doctor I go see based on what my insurance has as on their plan, so does my wife, my daughters, my extended family and I am guessing you as well .. Are you saying there is no one that gives pap smears and breast exams? .. because all my girls have theirs and not once did they go to PP for them.

I think you way over estimate the amount of things they do that can be done by a multitude of clinics, everywhere they are, that do not center their business around abortions and selling off fetus parts

mseabolt, the hang up for many of these people is they think it should be free. Somehow, if it's not free, then the ole meanie's are trying to not allow them to have the service.

Without across state lines, this is absolute dog shit.
Just saw this from Jamie Dupree

95pe6tj.jpg

It's just sooooooo republican to hit consumers with a 30% surcharge (to the health insurer's bottom line, no less!) if someone has to drop health insurance when they're financially stressed. Grind em' into the ground, baby!

Reactions: MegaPoke
It's just sooooooo republican to hit consumers with a 30% surcharge (to the health insurer's bottom line, no less!) if someone has to drop health insurance when they're financially stressed. Grind em' into the ground, baby!

Not sure what I think about this, but the issue is that too many people will drop their health insurance before reducing their cable bill, cell phone plan, restaurant meals and other discretionary spends. Insurance (until its actually needed) is considered by way too many a discretionary spend and not a required spend (like rent).

Reactions: CowboyJD
The House Republicans’ American Health Care Act would block federal funding to Planned Parenthood .. Didn't say anything about insurance payments from insurance plans. I choose what doctor I go see based on what my insurance has as on their plan, so does my wife, my daughters, my extended family and I am guessing you as well .. Are you saying there is no one that gives pap smears and breast exams? .. because all my girls have theirs and not once did they go to PP for them.

I think you way over estimate the amount of things they do that can be done by a multitude of clinics, everywhere they are, that do not center their business around abortions and selling off fetus parts

It is my understanding...and I could be wrong because I admit I haven't done full due diligence yet...that tax credits for purchasing insurance mentioned in the bill can be denied to those purchasing insurance that covers and pays for abortion services.

That's a factual assertion and not a policy opinion on whether or not they should do that.

It is my understanding...and I could be wrong because I admit I haven't done full due diligence yet...that tax credits for purchasing insurance mentioned in the bill can be denied to those purchasing insurance that covers and pays for abortion services.

That's a factual assertion and not a policy opinion on whether or not they should do that.
I read more this morning since posting and yes, your statement appears to be true. Not sure why since they are legal but it does single that out for tax credits and insurance plans.

Doesn't change my feelings though, pay cash. There are consequences and just because you want something to be free doesn't mean it should be.

So, here's obviously so important of an issue (and so commonplace) the the Republican Plan, devotes 10% of its content dealing with those who win Lotteries! Seriously, there's 6 pages (out of 60) devoted to how winning the lottery would impact an individual. Glad to see they've got their eyes on the prize, because clearly healthcare coverage has been completely fouled up by lottery winners.

You don't mind that it is a federal mandate prohibiting states from regulating the insurances products being sold in their state?

Yup, but we don't live in that reality. The overreach has already occurred, there's no going back. So our best option is to make the best of what's been done. The idealogue within hates this whole damn situation.

I read more this morning since posting and yes, your statement appears to be true. Not sure why since they are legal but it does single that out for tax credits and insurance plans.

Doesn't change my feelings though, pay cash. There are consequences and just because you want something to be free doesn't mean it should be.

That's why I put the caveat that my post wasn't an opinion on the policy, just the statement of the policy asI understood it.

Reactions: mseabolt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT