ADVERTISEMENT

A Book I Plan on Reading Very Soon

Marshal Jim Duncan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2013
And I encourage others here too as well. If you've never read anthing written by this guy, he's good.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Libertarian-Mind-Manifesto-Freedom/dp/1476752842?tag=catoinstitute-20

Here are some endorsements. It just came out recently.

"America is a country full of people who feel personal liberty and individual responsibility in their guts. This book puts those guts into words. America is also a country full of politicians, academics, and self-possessed elites who mistrust liberty and responsibility to the bottom of their souls. This book plants a kick in that fundament." (P.J. O'Rourke)

"David Boaz has been my guide to the history, economics, and politics of freedom for years." (John Stossel)

"They say the libertarian moment has arrived. If you want to understand and be part of that moment, read David Boaz's The Libertarian Mind where you'll be drawn into the 'eternal struggle of liberty vs. power,' where you'll learn that libertarianism presumes that you were born free and not a subject of the state. The Libertarian Mind belongs on every freedom-lover's bookshelf." (Senator Rand Paul)

I have this book sitting in my online library ready to read. Just haven't had the time to do so. Travel is getting ready to pick up a lot for work. So I should read it then. I would like to hear your thoughts.

Originally posted by ThorOdinson13:

I have this book sitting in my online library ready to read. Just haven't had the time to do so. Travel is getting ready to pick up a lot for work. So I should read it then. I would like to hear your thoughts.
OK. I've read the 1st chapter. I'm in the middle of another book though, so I probably won't start on it again for a couple, three weeks.

Originally posted by Marshal Jim Duncan:

Originally posted by ThorOdinson13:

OK. I've read the 1st chapter. I'm in the middle of another book though, so I probably won't start on it again for a couple, three weeks.
Sounds good. I have 2 more weeks before travel starts so the timeline works out well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT