ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA Wrestling Championships Thread

That was piss poor match management by Spratley. Kept getting in dangerous situations when riding and got reverse. Could have let him go in the 1st and been up 3-1 with riding time. I put that on the coaches. Piss ****ing poor

I would like to say "unbelievable" on how bad we choke away matches we're favored in every year. However, now, it's so believable because it happens almost every time. I bet we are minus 100+ on the +/- of seeded match losses.

I hate to rag on a freshman who has drastically improved throughout the season and who was almost an AA, but I hope he learns about how to wrestle with a lead. Give the kid an escape not a reversal and ride out for goodness sakes. Then learn how to defend yourself when the other kid must have a takedown to win.

Stunning how bad Spratley screwed that match up, when it should have been so easy. He seemed to forget how good SDSU is on top and gets sloppy in the 1st period on top and sloppy in neutral in the 3rd period and loses a match he blew.
Through the crappy parts whole tourney I've just coped with it but this one makes me feel sick.

That was piss poor match management by Spratley. Kept getting in dangerous situations when riding and got reverse. Could have let him go in the 1st and been up 3-1 with riding time. I put that on the coaches. Piss ****ing poor
Seems like smith adds pressure instead of taking it off the kids

Reactions: OAMC99
Now they are debating on if Fix get's a second stall call? Are you kidding me? If stands Fix down 2-1

Only one thing could have made that match worse. He wrestled not to lose. Fix had his leg three times and didn't convert. He should have had his leg 15 times

Reactions: bwel9339
Riding time stops as soon as the ref gives the locked hands signal. That’s why he had to let Daton up and go for the takedown.

Reactions: Kingk0ng
Stalling calls are so inconsistent it's ridiculous. The refs should look at a replay of the first 7 minutes of the match and ask themselves who took all the shots and who was blocking off for 7 minutes. Calling Fix for stalling in the match and not the other kid is an absolute joke. They should go back to the old way of calling takedowns in my opinion as well. Fix took him down with control for a full second before the kid rolled.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT