ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA Wrestling Championships Thread

HWT - Doucet with a 5-0 DEC. Got ridden most of the 3rd but got a reversal towards the end.
He was working the entire 3rd period for that reversal. I don't mind so much in this match because he was already up 3, but there's a time to look for a reversal and there's a time to get the hell out of there. I hope he understands that.

2 upsets at 125
4 upsets at 133
4 upsets at 141
5 upsets at 149
1 upset at 157
2 upsets at 165
4 upsets at 174

That's what we've got so far....And I didn't count 16/17 matches as those are tossups anyhow.
5 upsets at 184
4 upsets at 197
2 upsets at 285--Wyatt Hendrickson nearly lost his opening bout at HWT, but then remembered that he's one of the best big guys in the country.

Tonight oughta be really fun if you like wrestling.

Reactions: Rdcldad
He was working the entire 3rd period for that reversal. I don't mind so much in this match because he was already up 3, but there's a time to look for a reversal and there's a time to get the hell out of there. I hope he understands that.
A reversal was safer, if he gets an escape a stalling call and gives up a takedown he might lose. Working for reversal looks like active avoids the stall maybe get riding time point back.

Other than Jamison losing I think it was a pretty good first round. Should have got bonus in a couple and would have liked to have seen a little more from Spratley. We need to remember this is a tough tournament and everybody is prepared and ready.

I had 7/10 advancing to the R16 but just not who I thought it would be. Unfortunately we don’t get any breaks in the second round due to upsets. Jamison is going to have a challenging road to AA taking that early loss and with so many upsets at 141. It can be done but he is going to have to wrestle a whole lot better.

If Jamison wins his first consolation match he gets the loser between Hardy and Lemley. Not good.

We will see what TJ is made of tonight. He's facing a guy that's beaten him 4-2 and 4-1 this year. I'm Hoping for the best but over the last month we haven't really seen TJ's best in quite some time.

Not sure if anyone watched the Crookham match but the guy he was wrestling is blind. Crookham had to stay in contact with him or the ref would blow the whistle and re-start.

Can't say I've ever seen that in the NCAA tournament before.

Reactions: driad
Not sure if anyone watched the Crookham match but the guy he was wrestling is blind. Crookham had to stay in contact with him or the ref would blow the whistle and re-start.

Seen it on the HS level but definitely not a DI wrestler, especially a NCAA qualifier

Trying really hard to not be the guy that says how unfair that is to Crookham….

Did we lose a team point? The OSU Wrestling social media says we have 10 points says we have 9.

They are showing an old team score from before KD's win.

Looks like we're starting on the champ side. Spratley on deck on mat 4.

How do I know which mat to put ESPN + on to watch the OSU wrestlers?

Reactions: AZ poke and driad
Fix with a 5-4 DEC. OHSU got a late takedown to tie it up then Fix got the escape.

What mat OSU wrestling now? Never mind I found the way

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT