ADVERTISEMENT

2014 Asics University Nationals freestyle

Crutchmer wins 2-1 in semis at 80kg. Perry wins 10-4 in semis and Marsden pinned Justin Grant in the semis. Austin Schafer wins conso match against Tyler Lister 11-6 at 97kg.

4 wrestlers from Oklahoma state are in the finals which are best 2 out of 3.

74kg Tyler Caldwell vs. Ian Miller
80kg Kyle Crutchmer vs. Tanner Weatherman Iowa State
86 kg Chris Perry vs. Enoch Francois NYAC
125kg Austin Marsden vs. Adam Coon Cliff Keen wrestling

In Consolations Austin Schafer won his first match then lost to Andrew Camolattano 6-9. Anthony Collica won his 10th round consolation match 6-6 by virtue of a 3 point move over Chris Castillo of Bronco wrestling.

Anthony Collica will be wrestling for third place at 70kg vs. Nick Brascetta NRV mat club. (BTW Togneto who is a rich electrician is watching the matches on Flo and says Collica has gotten huge in the off season and looks every bit as big as others at 70kg or 154 pounds. Could it be that he redshirts next year behind Kindig and then wrestles 149?)

Austin Schafer wrestles for 7th place against Matthew Meadows Patriot elite.

I was wondering the same thing about Collica's weight...maybe he leapfrogs Kindig and goes to 157?

Austin Schafer has a 10-0 tech fall in 1:01 over Matt Meadows to take 7th. Congratulations to Austin!

I have not a clue as to when the finals start. There are no matches up at this time (1:25). If anyone has heard or seen please post on the board.

No idea but there are people on themat that are saying that Miller pinned Caldwell but trackwrestling has nothing.

Tognetti indicated that they have already been held but trackwrestling does not show any scores for any of the finals. According to Tognetti both Perry and Crutchmer won titles, Caldwell did get pinned and Coon beat Marsden. This is another demonstration of why wrestling officials are their own worst enemies. Apparently due to an exclusive with either Flowrestling or someone we are not allowed to hear of the finals until long after they are over. This is total BS!!!

I shouldn't let my anger skip over congratulations to all of our wrestlers and their fine showings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT