ADVERTISEMENT

Wow--90 percent of 8 million ObamaCare enrollees paying

CowboyUp

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Austin Tx
their own freight.

My friend in Austin just had open heart surgery last week and credited ObamaCare saving his life.

He's a taxidriver and paid $6200 deductable plus premiums. Without ObamaCare he couldn't have afforded the catheterization that diagnosed his two blocked arteries condition and saved his life. Four days later he was blowin 1750 on the lung meter and dancin' that night at Donn's Depot with his sexy girlfriend...

There is a God...

Originally posted by CowboyUp:
their own freight.

My friend in Austin just had open heart surgery last week and credited ObamaCare saving his life.

He's a taxidriver and paid $6200 deductable plus premiums. Without ObamaCare he couldn't have afforded the catheterization that diagnosed his two blocked arteries condition and saved his life. Four days later he was blowin 1750 on the lung meter and dancin' that night at Donn's Depot with his sexy girlfriend...

There is a God...
That's awesome. Good for him, but if he's a taxi driver I doubt he has a sexy girlfriend.

This post was edited on 9/18 1:32 PM by long-duc-dong

Since I would never have any reason to not believe you UP, do you have any documentation that says 90% of the 8 million are paying? Is it from the same source that claimed the lying administration had met its sign-up goal last March?

To much embelishment to take your story about your friend serious, especially inside of 7 weeks until mid-terms. That he has a "sexy girlfriend" is so goofy as it relates to the overall assertion, just hard to believe.

By the way have you found the story regarding the Japanese soldier we allegedly executed after WWII for nothing more than waterboarding prisoners? Still waiting for you to cough up that info.....

With or without insurance Cup's friend could have had the surgery. Just ask any illegal immigrant.

Just today, an association for Texas hospitals said they will spend (lose) about $8 billion covering uninsured people this year.

A close friend had a 10 pound tumor removed at Parkland Hospital several years ago and had no insurance. Upon leaving the hospital my friend was presented with a $15,000 bill. She asked the billing lady what the same care and surgery would have cost if she had just crossed the border from Mexico and was told $10.

Uh oh. Cup you've been challenged by a guy who does organ transplants not open heart surgery. Even though he probably doesn't know shit about shit if it's all the same to you, can you respond to his skepticism about one of the many lies in your post?

Originally posted by Poketologist:
So this guy has open heart surgery and is up dancing four days later.

Right.
I swear to God.

He had open heart surgery Thursday Sep 4 at about 1 pm. Monday eve 5:30ish Sep 8 he calls then drops by with his sexy girlfriend (20 years younger--I know I know but you wouldn't believe!!!!--and we all go to Church on Monday upstairs at Continental Club. to hear Elias Haslanger Band. Full moon over Austin and he's slammin lasix (per Doctor orders) like a racehorse. Has to do 1700 on the lung machine before he can go out. He rides up front of VWbus with me, his sexy girlfriend in the back seat with my Sonoma County cuz. After that we go to Donn's Depot (piano bar where his sexy girlfriend plays sometime) and he's dancin (yeah it was more like 'standin') less than 105 hours after the surgery. When he got to the house before we went out first thing he did was unbutton his shirt and show us the ~8inch "zipper" right down the middle of his sternum.

As God is my witness.

One other note--he quit taking Lipitor 1.5 years ago because it got too expensive. His surgeon said the clogged arteries (2) were because he quit and plaque built up and blocked. "Guess I'm a (Lipitor) lifer," my buddy explained.

This post was edited on 9/18 11:03 PM by CowboyUp

This post was edited on 9/18 11:05 PM by CowboyUp

This post was edited on 9/18 11:07 PM by CowboyUp

This post was edited on 9/18 11:10 PM by CowboyUp

This post was edited on 9/18 11:17 PM by CowboyUp

Originally posted by windriverrange:
Since I would never have any reason to not believe you UP, do you have any documentation that says 90% of the 8 million are paying? Is it from the same source that claimed the lying administration had met its sign-up goal last March?

To much embelishment to take your story about your friend serious, especially inside of 7 weeks until mid-terms. That he has a "sexy girlfriend" is so goofy as it relates to the overall assertion, just hard to believe.

By the way have you found the story regarding the Japanese soldier we allegedly executed after WWII for nothing more than waterboarding prisoners? Still waiting for you to cough up that info.....
Here ya go

wind--that stuff about the Japanese soldier I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. You must be confusing me with one of the other enlightened posters on the board like Syskatine or whomever...

This post was edited on 9/18 11:40 PM by CowboyUp

He's paying his own freight? A cab driver makes over $90,000 a year?

Hell, that's right up there with Syssie's receptionist!

Originally posted by HighStickHarry:
Uh oh. Cup you've been challenged by a guy who does organ transplants not open heart surgery. Even though he probably doesn't know shit about shit if it's all the same to you, can you respond to his skepticism about one of the many lies in your post?
No lies in my posts Harry.

Not one.

Not ever.

Never. You on the other hand seem very familiar with lies.

If the shoe fits...

Originally posted by wyomingosualum:

He's paying his own freight? A cab driver makes over $90,000 a year?

Hell, that's right up there with Syssie's receptionist!
No--his HC premiums--bronze plan--based on $6200 deductible are in the neighborhood of $400/mo. which he pays (his own freight, my terminology) out of his own pocket--unlike members of Congress and the indigents that WE pay for. My friend drove taxis for years but now has a couple other part time gigs to subsidize his taxi income, one as a job coach for Easter Seals and one seasonal with IRS. He's worked several jobs for state of Tx and just applied for one as an editor for legislative budget office and he freelances some stuff for Austin Chronicle. He's just completed a book length manuscript biography for a local musician that 2 publishers want. But most important--3 weeks ago when he tried to swim his laps at Zilker and couldn't make one he knew something was not right. Thanks to ObamaCare he went in for the expensive cath procedure, got diagnosed and didn't drop dead.

Originally posted by squeak:
Seems expensive to me.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
If you were about to drop dead might seem like a bargain. My friend said as much. He was grinning like a condemned man who got a reprieve. He could afford a $6200 hickey that wouldn't bust him. But open heart? NFW

Seriously there are tens of millions of Americans like my friend. We can afford for members of Congress to have health care, we can afford HC for our own--ie taxpayers--ie the rest of us. Preventive medicine costs a lot less than the ER.

This post was edited on 9/19 12:33 PM by CowboyUp

Hypothetical question: So how much would it have cost him to be a responsible freight-paying adult 4 years ago and purchase health insurance without being ordered to do so?

Hypothetical answer: I don't know. But Obamacare rocks and he's got a hot girlfriend! He pegs out the Lung-o-meter!

Originally posted by gulfshorespoke:
Up you have absolutely nothing to defend the worst ever. Spare me the Bin Laden crap.
Don't forget about that sorry Obama economy!

Oklahoma poised to surpass California, Alaska in oil production, Continental Resources CEO says

By Jay F. MarksPublished: September 18, 2014

Continental Resources Inc. seemingly knows how to keep a secret.
The Oklahoma City-based oil producer on Thursday unveiled a new oil play that it has been developing for nearly two years.

Western Oklahoma's Springer Shale is in
the heart of the South Central Oklahoma Oil Province, or SCOOP,
Continental's last big discovery.
Company officials detailed the oil-rich formation Wednesday for about 200 analysts and investors at the Skirvin Hilton.
CEO Harold Hamm said the Springer and other new Oklahoma oil plays will elevate the state as an oil producer.
He said Oklahoma is on track to surpass California and Alaska to become the nation's third-largest oil producer.
"That's something I don't think people even thought about a few years ago," Hamm said.
Will
Parker, a senior exploration geologist at Continental, said the
company's leading position in the SCOOP allowed it to capitalize on its
new discovery, which is in a shallower layer of shale.
A nice surprise[/B]
Parker said Continental completed its first Springer well early last year.
The results, more than 2,000 barrels of oil a day, sparked celebrations at the company's Oklahoma City headquarters.
"We were going from office to office and high-fiving people," he said.
Continental
drilled another exploratory well about 25 miles away to delineate the
play, then another near the original well to confirm the discovery.
"At that time, we knew we had another layer to the SCOOP," Parker said.
Continental
halted its operations at that time to amass more acreage in the nascent
play. It resumed drilling in the second quarter, with 118,000 net acres
in its portfolio.
Parker said Continental has completed 11 Springer wells so far, but kept its operations there quiet for 20 months.
He
said those wells averaged about 700 barrels of oil equivalent a day
over their first 30 days of operation, with oil accounting for
two-thirds of their output.
Parker said Continental has 11 or 12 years worth of drilling opportunities in the Springer's oil window.
Focused on oil[/B]
Oil continues to be Continental's focus, in the SCOOP and North Dakota's Bakken Shale.
The
Bakken, one of the nation's leading oil fields, remains the company's
prime resource, but Hamm is bullish about the SCOOP's potential.
"I'm now predicting our position in the SCOOP to rival our premier position in the Bakken," Hamm said.
He
said Continental already is the most active driller in Oklahoma, with
27 rigs, but he expects that figure to double in the next few years.
Continental
also continues to search for its next oil play, with a new ventures
exploration program looking at "stealth" opportunities.
Geologic
manager Tony Barrett said the program's team has grown from eight to 24
in the past couple of years, while increasing its prospective acreage to
more than 500,000 net acres.
Barrett said Continental already boasts impressive assets, but the company is still committed to developing new opportunities.
"We continue to grow this company through solid exploration projects," he said.
Barrett
said Continental is exploring seven different prospective plays, each
one identified only as a "stealth" play to avoid alerting its
competitors.
That helps keep leasing costs low, he said.
"We're not the type of operator that is going to go out and pay retail," Barrett said.

This post was edited on 9/19 2:03 PM by CowboyUp

Up you have absolutely nothing to defend the worst ever. Spare me the Bin Laden crap.

Yes, by all means let's hear some more republican wisdom about his perceived failures. I love hearing republicans critique foreign policy (especially Iraq) and domestic affairs (especially the economy) after all their leadership successes over the last decade.

Hypothetical question: So how much would it have cost him to be a responsible freight-paying adult 4 years ago and purchase health insurance without being ordered to do so?

Hypothetical answer: I don't know. But Obamacare rocks and he's got a hot girlfriend! He pegs out the Lung-o-meter!
He was 57 then with no health insurance. Not sure how many employers or insurers were offering to insure 57 year old taxi drivers for 400 bucks a month. Maybe you know???

shore--

Have you found any work out there? Or is this economy just killing you...

Tip--check out oil & gas jobs in gulfshorestates with your OSU degree...

What is it the President has done to spur the energy boom (which is mostly tied to oil FYI)?

I mean other than attempt to get in the way.

And make comments about energy companies making too much money and not paying enough taxes.

And wishing he could pass some carbon credit trading scheme.

Don't forget about that sorry Obama economy!

Oklahoma poised to surpass California, Alaska in oil production, Continental Resources CEO says

By Jay F. MarksPublished: September 18, 2014

Continental Resources Inc. seemingly knows how to keep a secret.
The Oklahoma City-based oil producer on Thursday unveiled a new oil play that it has been developing for nearly two years.

Western Oklahoma's Springer Shale is in
the heart of the South Central Oklahoma Oil Province, or SCOOP,
Continental's last big discovery.
Company officials detailed the oil-rich formation Wednesday for about 200 analysts and investors at the Skirvin Hilton.
CEO Harold Hamm said the Springer and other new Oklahoma oil plays will elevate the state as an oil producer.
He said Oklahoma is on track to surpass California and Alaska to become the nation's third-largest oil producer.
"That's something I don't think people even thought about a few years ago," Hamm said.
Will
Parker, a senior exploration geologist at Continental, said the
company's leading position in the SCOOP allowed it to capitalize on its
new discovery, which is in a shallower layer of shale.
A nice surprise[/B]
Parker said Continental completed its first Springer well early last year.
The results, more than 2,000 barrels of oil a day, sparked celebrations at the company's Oklahoma City headquarters.
"We were going from office to office and high-fiving people," he said.
Continental
drilled another exploratory well about 25 miles away to delineate the
play, then another near the original well to confirm the discovery.
"At that time, we knew we had another layer to the SCOOP," Parker said.
Continental
halted its operations at that time to amass more acreage in the nascent
play. It resumed drilling in the second quarter, with 118,000 net acres
in its portfolio.
Parker said Continental has completed 11 Springer wells so far, but kept its operations there quiet for 20 months.
He
said those wells averaged about 700 barrels of oil equivalent a day
over their first 30 days of operation, with oil accounting for
two-thirds of their output.
Parker said Continental has 11 or 12 years worth of drilling opportunities in the Springer's oil window.
Focused on oil[/B]
Oil continues to be Continental's focus, in the SCOOP and North Dakota's Bakken Shale.
The
Bakken, one of the nation's leading oil fields, remains the company's
prime resource, but Hamm is bullish about the SCOOP's potential.
"I'm now predicting our position in the SCOOP to rival our premier position in the Bakken," Hamm said.
He
said Continental already is the most active driller in Oklahoma, with
27 rigs, but he expects that figure to double in the next few years.
Continental
also continues to search for its next oil play, with a new ventures
exploration program looking at "stealth" opportunities.
Geologic
manager Tony Barrett said the program's team has grown from eight to 24
in the past couple of years, while increasing its prospective acreage to
more than 500,000 net acres.
Barrett said Continental already boasts impressive assets, but the company is still committed to developing new opportunities.
"We continue to grow this company through solid exploration projects," he said.
Barrett
said Continental is exploring seven different prospective plays, each
one identified only as a "stealth" play to avoid alerting its
competitors.
That helps keep leasing costs low, he said.
"We're not the type of operator that is going to go out and pay retail," Barrett said.

This post was edited on 9/19 2:03 PM by CowboyUp
I love when you post this stuff. Oklahoma is doing great in spite of Obama. Spare me the rah rah bullshit for this guy. It's flat out a lie to tell people or insinuate that we are about to surpass those states because of anything the President has done.

A side note. I think this bolsters my previous claim that Harold Hamm will be the wealthiest man in America sooner rather than later. Even with the pending divorce. The man is a genius.

The SCOOP play hasn't really been that big of a secret though. We have seen people in our business putting in yards all over that area for the past year or so waiting for it to cut loose. People are getting ready to make boat loads of money if they are positioned correctly. And again, this is all in spite of the President.
This post was edited on 9/19 4:42 PM by long-duc-dong

One thing that I find interesting and explains why we'll never quit importing oil. The article above refrenced the company High-fiving in the halls because they were producing 2K barrels per day. My father worked for Saudi Aramco and their on-shore wells produce between 7500 and 20K barrels per day, and can be produced with cheaper labor and with significantly fewer environmental regulations. Offshore wells can produce as much as 50K/day.

Justin

Originally posted by aix_xpert:

One thing that I find interesting and explains why we'll never quit importing oil. The article above refrenced the company High-fiving in the halls because they were producing 2K barrels per day. My father worked for Saudi Aramco and their on-shore wells produce between 7500 and 20K barrels per day, and can be produced with cheaper labor and with significantly fewer environmental regulations. Offshore wells can produce as much as 50K/day.

Justin
Thats mostly a function of geology. The well that was producing 2k a day probably cost about 4 to 6 mill to drill and complete. The saudi wells probably cost twice that, its just that they are in the best field in the world. The offshore wells are probably twice again what the saudi land wells cost. If the ghawar field was in oklahoma I bet continental could produce it cheaper than aramco.

He was 57 then with no health insurance. Not sure how many employers or insurers were offering to insure 57 year old taxi drivers for 400 bucks a month. Maybe you know???
He probably would have been looking at about $250 a month for a $10,000 deductible. But whatever. He's all grown up and responsible now. Does his girlfriend have big tits?

LDD, thanks for that information about SCOOP. It explains why we've been inundated (almost to the point of being a pain in the arse) by Continental to lease our land in Wilson.

Originally posted by imprimis:
LDD, thanks for that information about SCOOP. It explains why we've been inundated (almost to the point of being a pain in the arse) by Continental to lease our land in Wilson.
I would assume you're getting pretty good offers for a lease, no?

Originally posted by long-duc-dong:

Yes.

Yes.
Don't hold out too long. We held out too long once on some minerals in the McAlester area. We won't make that mistake again.

Yes.
Don't hold out too long. We held out too long once on some minerals in the McAlester area. We won't make that mistake again.
We've got a couple of tracts in the same area already leased to others but the one Continental is wanting hasn't been agreed to yet. My grandfather and his brothers bought and sold property all across Oklahoma in the 40's, 50's and 60's. They kept the minerals on most of it. Periodically we get pooling order and other documents identifying my grandfather as having an interest in the minerals. The hard part is researching the deeds which haven't been scanned to the various county web sites. Most from the 70's forward have been scanned but before then involves lots of leg work.

is $1,000 an acre a pretty good offer....n.w. oklahoma. Lease expires in Feb and have one company offering less than that now. Have been told to hold out for $1,000 an acre but don't think it will get there.

We haven't been offered that much but close. The hold up is the percent of royalty and length of the lease.

Originally posted by purkey:
is $1,000 an acre a pretty good offer....n.w. oklahoma. Lease expires in Feb and have one company offering less than that now. Have been told to hold out for $1,000 an acre but don't think it will get there.
All situations are different. We held out for a little more cash and it didn't pan out. If you need the money get what you can.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT