ADVERTISEMENT

Which shot is best?

driad

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2009
I think I'm gonna go ahead & get the Covid shot. People I know have started to die. Of you that know, which one is the best? My understanding is one takes a booster & others may not.

I got Pfizer in February. Will get booster when available. Pfizer is a two shot process. Second one is about 3 weeks (???) after first. No issues, no side effects.

@driad I'm not saying Pfizer is the best. has worked well for me. Wife had Moderna, also a two shot process. She contracted Covid at Thanksgiving of 2020. Had first shot in January when it was available. She's in healthcare so she was required to take it. She would have whether it was required or not. Has worked for her too. She reacted to her shots some. Not a bunch tho. She'll get the booster when its ready too.

Reactions: driad
frankly I'm a little confused at why someone wouldn't get vaccinated. with the millions of doses given around the world and the lack of issues recognized short-term i don't see any issues. the science behind he vaccines isn't new. used in this particular situation its another use. long-term? Hell, we're all dead anyway.

I talk to our doctor and he convinced me to take the Moderna Vaccine. Had the first dose two weeks ago Monday get the second one when we get back from our annual trip to Michigan. Had no adverse reaction but I did feel a little different. Wife had the Pfizer, had no reaction on the first shot but the second kicked her ass for a day. After that she was fine.

I took the Pfizer last March. First one made my arm hurt all night long. The second one, no problems.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I began falling apart after Moderna II March 28. Doctors have decided all my woes are from shingles, although shingles didn't make a physical appearance on the skin till May 14. I understand symptoms can appear well before the blisters appear on the skin.

Son-in-law and older daughter waited and are tickled with their single stab Johnson & Johnson. Daughter and her hubby had 22LR's arm pain but of course one time only.

Either one works. Not sure there is much difference between the 2 as far as after effects. I had Moderna and had minor issues. I think I’m now a promoter of getting the shot. I thought it was a personal choice, and it is, but everyone needs to get the shots. I drove to Stillwater for my first one (from okc) and to Lawton for the 2nd. It’s just way to easy now to get the shot. I would highly recommend it. It’s becoming overwhelming obvious that you need to get the shots.

Reactions: driad
If you’re not feeding me, f’cking me, or signing my paycheck, you don’t get to tell me what to do. The person who handles 2 of those 3 tasks “persuaded” me to get vaccinated (hint: I sign my own paycheck 😬). Also, John Bel Punkass brought back the mask mandate, so I now have a more visible method for expressing defiance. No need to be a vax holdout.

First Pfizer shot was last night via online appointment with a local CVS. The whole process took about 30 minutes. Five minutes to check in. Five minute wait for the pharmacist to give the shot, 15-20 minutes sitting in the waiting area to make sure you don’t have any immediate reaction. Shot hurts about as much as a biting fly. Started getting sore around bedtime. Woke up after 9 hours sleep a little more groggy than usual, and broke a mild sweat around mid morning, similar to a fever breaking. My thermometer is kaput, so I don’t know whether or not I actually had fever. Currently, the injection site is somewhat swollen and feels like I took a “stinger” to the arm in last night’s game, perhaps not quite that bad. I had a mild headache most of the day, and a tingly itchy feeling through my body. The latter made me think of SBI’s shingles, so I’ll continue to monitor it, but all in all, not bad at all. Most people I’ve talked to said the second shot really “got them”, but nothing requiring medical attention. 2nd shot in three weeks. I’ll let you know how things progress.

frankly I'm a little confused at why someone wouldn't get vaccinated. with the millions of doses given around the world and the lack of issues recognized short-term i don't see any issues. the science behind he vaccines isn't new. used in this particular situation its another use. long-term? Hell, we're all dead anyway.
Yeah and I’m confused why so many people were eager to be vaccine guinea pigs for something with 99% survival rate. Lots of confusing stuff going around so I guess the best thing to do is quit worrying about what others are doing and everyone mind their own business.

After profiting $4 billion, is Moderna now telling me I need a booster?
Do you get a flu shot? If you do, you get one every year. Makes sense. Not every move is made with some underlying scheme to do harm to everyone. I'm not telling anyone to do what they should do. If you want it get it, if u don't fine. besides, i want companies to make a profit. makes the world work much better.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Do you get a flu shot? If you do, you get one every year. Makes sense. Not every move is made with some underlying scheme to do harm to everyone. I'm not telling anyone to do what they should do. If you want it get it, if u don't fine. besides, i want companies to make a profit. makes the world work much better.
I haven't had the flu shot since I left the USAF. I've never had the flu. Doctor tells me there's no need for me.

I’m going to repeat something I’ve said in here before. I’m perfectly fine with people deciding not to vaccinate. I don’t think there should be a mandate, nor should people be punished, but the fact of the matter is, if you come in contact with the virus you will likely contract it. If you contract it, you’ll likely be just fine … unless you aren’t.

There is ample evidence the vaccines are safe and effective. Do what you want, but be prepared to suffer the consequences.

Hospitals are full. It’s no trick. I’ve seen it with my own eyes and I’m certain medic can vouch for that as well.

If you can avoid being a bad statistic, I wish you would. I bet JR Dillard’s family wishes he’d gotten the jab.

But … it’s still (mostly) a free country

I’m going to repeat something I’ve said in here before. I’m perfectly fine with people deciding not to vaccinate. I don’t think there should be a mandate, nor should people be punished, but the fact of the matter is, if you come in contact with the virus you will likely contract it. If you contract it, you’ll likely be just fine … unless you aren’t.

There is ample evidence the vaccines are safe and effective. Do what you want, but be prepared to suffer the consequences.

Hospitals are full. It’s no trick. I’ve seen it with my own eyes and I’m certain medic can vouch for that as well.

If you can avoid being a bad statistic, I wish you would. I bet JR Dillard’s family wishes he’d gotten the jab.

Vaccine safety beyond right now is unknown and how are the vaccines effective? They don’t stop transmission, what do they do? Honest question. Is it guaranteed I won’t die if I’m vaccinated?

jr Dillard is a shame, however at this point I’ve had more family/close friends killed by drunk drivers than covid.

I will get the vaccine at some point more than likely, but I’m still gathering info, just want to be left alone while I’m doing that.

I knocked out the one shot J&J so everyone would STFU and move on.

No issues with the shot. Not so much with the rest.

If there is ample evidence then why isn’t it FDA approved?

The problem here is you are only looking at getting one brand of shot. Don't sell yourself short why stop at one and live like a peasant.

Vaccine safety beyond right now is unknown and how are the vaccines effective? They don’t stop transmission, what do they do? Honest question. Is it guaranteed I won’t die if I’m vaccinated?

jr Dillard is a shame, however at this point I’ve had more family/close friends killed by drunk drivers than covid.

I will get the vaccine at some point more than likely, but I’m still gathering info, just want to be left alone while I’m doing that.
Because if you get one you’re almost certain not to die. Viruses mutate. It’s not the same structure it was when the vaccines were created. This was inevitable. I think the fact it’s held up so well to other variants is actually pretty surprising.

Because there’s a process. That process hasn’t been competed. Same reason all these covid tests, that have proven to be effective, are still eua.
And why hasn’t it been completed?

One other thing OP, when I do get the vaccine it won’t be the J&J. A friend of mine who is a doctor and I trust completely advised against it.

Yep. It's bad. I have 3 chest radiographs of people under 35 with covid requiring mechanical ventilation just from today. I wish I could directly post them. One is very young and there aren't any ECMO beds available. Pretty sad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT