ADVERTISEMENT

WELCOME TO OKLAHOMA!

george_wallace1.jpg

George Wallace, famous Democrat

Wallace later apologized and said he was wrong and that segregation was wrong.

Strom Thurmond on the other hand, who switched from Democrat to Republican in 1964, never apologized for his racism and living a lie for the remaining 40 years of his life. Re-elected as US Senator from South Carolina 6 times by the GOP Thurmond's racial hatred was never condemned by Republicans. Instead--he was praised by Republicans even in death.

Come to find out Thurmond had fathered an interracial child with one of his servants, a fact he kept secret until his daughter outed him...

Once the Civil Rights Act was passed LBJ said: "We (Democrats) have lost the South for a generation." He shoud have said for "two generations."

Once public schools were integrated and blacks were guaranteed the right to vote, the GOP went from the Party of Lincoln to the Party of Thurmond.

Own it GOP...

You don't get it, Cup. See, the democrats used to be racist. See? Now, if you're conservative, you take that little nugget and..... well, you lose presidential elections to a black democrat, lol.

I love Government.

I thank the US Military, Police, schoolteachers, God, Washington, Lincoln, FDR, IKE, JFK, MLK, LBJ, Clinton and Obama and all the defenders of our Freedoms every day for Government...

Government is Democracy. Government is WE THE PEOPLE.

Like Tom DeLay said: "I AM the federal government."

Government is Justice.

Government is the Great Equalizer--so people like the Koch Brothers can't buy our Nation and make it theirs.

Government is how WE THE PEOPLE keep control of those in office.

WE THE PEOPLE have the hammer....

"Government of the People, by the People, for the People shall not perish from the Earth."--A. Lincoln

Last edited:
Keep 'em on the gubment plantation Up!
I love Government.

I thank the US Military, Police, schoolteachers, God, Washington, Lincoln, FDR, IKE, JFK, MLK, LBJ, Clinton and Obama and all the defenders of our Freedoms every day for Government...

Government is Democracy. Government is WE THE PEOPLE.

Like Tom DeLay said: "I AM the federal government."

Government is Justice.

Government is the Great Equalizer--so people like the Koch Brothers can't buy our Nation and make it theirs.

Government is how WE THE PEOPLE keep control of those in office.

WE THE PEOPLE have the hammer....

"Government of the People, by the People, for the People shall not perish from the Earth."--A. Lincoln

I just will never understand the native american political ethos. Dispossessed and marched from the South to somewhere else, like an animal? Fight for the confederacy. Whitey then lines up and literally has a race to take your "new" land, and some even cheat they want it so bad? Wear a Sooners hat.

So now there is a confederate history in Oklahoma?

But now there isn't?

There's nothing more entertaining than a factual beat-down of incorrect tripe from my ignore list; hell, I don't have to fill in the blanks.o_O

Edit: "incorrect tripe" is an oxymoron.

I'm having a hard time parsing this thread... so Sys says he is embarrassed by what happened - lots of folks jump in saying what an idiot he is...

Does that mean the vast majority of you supported the Confederate flag being waved at the first African American POTUS or not?

Personally, I was embarrassed. Proud of Cole for making the statement he did. Does anyone here who shares his political convictions have the same willingness?

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Of COURSE they supported it -- where else do you see someone defend confederate values like these people? Read the emotion, the jabbering and anger. I think the last time there was this much pain was when Obama won reelection. It's getting strange -- nobody is "for" that flag, they just get real, real whipped up over it.

There's nothing more entertaining than a factual beat-down of incorrect tripe from my ignore list; hell, I don't have to fill in the blanks.o_O

Edit: "incorrect tripe" is an oxymoron.

Jimmy, you can set down the hate against big government -- they repealed the 18th amendment a long time ago.

I'm having a hard time parsing this thread... so Sys says he is embarrassed by what happened - lots of folks jump in saying what an idiot he is...

Does that mean the vast majority of you supported the Confederate flag being waved at the first African American POTUS or not?

Personally, I was embarrassed. Proud of Cole for making the statement he did. Does anyone here who shares his political convictions have the same willingness?

If anyone thinks the intent of sys' post was to let the world know he was embarrassed by what happened, you're not being honest.

Reactions: wyomingosualum

What percentage of Oklahomans participated in the display of the confederate flags? 0.00001? I'm more embarrassed by Syssie. Much higher knucklehead percentage in this thread than those who were waving flags.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
If anyone thinks the intent of sys' post was to let the world know he was embarrassed by what happened, you're not being honest.

Exactly.

This was just another trolling thread by Syssie in which he lights a Molotov cocktail and throws it into a crowded room, hoping to smear everybody by the actions of a few so he can sit back and jack off while reading the responses. It's so pathetic that I'd feel sorry for him if he weren't such an a-hole.

You are smart enough to know he was trolling and being typically smarmy - crediting "conservatives" and talking out his ass about Oklahoma's civil war history.

He got called out for being factually wrong.

As for the flag wavers, who cares? Of course the protesters were likely dumb rednecks impotently failing to make a free speech point, but then again, I am a fan of pretty much anything that flips off a statist douche like BO.

Next, the fleur de lis, next images of Jefferson, Washington, et al because they were slaveholders, then it's the American flag itself because, after all, slavery existed under the stars and strips for far longer than it did under the roughly 4-year-long Confederacy. Next, remove statues of Washington, Jefferson and Jackson from all public property because these reminders of slaveholders are offensive. The Democrat Party in Connecticut is already considering renaming their annual Jefferson-Jackson fundraising dinner something else so as to reflect the colors of the rainbow. They are not just coming after symbols like the Confederate battle flag. They are coming after the country. Call these left-wing kooks out for what they are. We outnumber these malcontents by far. It's time we started acting like it.

I have been on record on this board stating that it was dumb those idiots were there to wave the flag at the POTUS. For one he is the first black POTUS and two I don't know what he has to do with the flag stuff. Now I do think those idiots have the right to act that way if they so choose but to condemn a whole state or political party based on a few idiots is just as childish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT