ADVERTISEMENT

"We will never fail and we will always protect your Second Amendment"

So that directive on bump stocks was just yet another empty promise lol. Just throw it on the on the ever-growing pile of bullsh!t

Lol...yup, just conveniently leave out key words...like “well-regulated”. Brilliant strategy there

Brilliant analysis of the 2nd amendment language.

District of Columbia v. Heller,
554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Held:

1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53.

(a) The Amendment’s prefatory clause announces a purpose, but does not limit or expand the scope of the second part, the operative clause. The operative clause’s text and history demonstrate that it connotes an individual right to keep and bear arms. Pp. 2–22.

(b) The prefatory clause comports with the Court’s interpretation of the operative clause. The “militia” comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense. The Antifederalists feared that the Federal Government would disarm the people in order to disable this citizens’ militia, enabling a politicized standing army or a select militia to rule. The response was to deny Congress power to abridge the ancient right of individuals to keep and bear arms, so that the ideal of a citizens’ militia would be preserved. Pp. 22–28.

It goes on if you want to actually read the opinion.

I eagerly await your rebuttal.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrunkenViking
Brilliant analysis of the 2nd amendment language.

District of Columbia v. Heller,
554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Held:

1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53.

(a) The Amendment’s prefatory clause announces a purpose, but does not limit or expand the scope of the second part, the operative clause. The operative clause’s text and history demonstrate that it connotes an individual right to keep and bear arms. Pp. 2–22.

(b) The prefatory clause comports with the Court’s interpretation of the operative clause. The “militia” comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense. The Antifederalists feared that the Federal Government would disarm the people in order to disable this citizens’ militia, enabling a politicized standing army or a select militia to rule. The response was to deny Congress power to abridge the ancient right of individuals to keep and bear arms, so that the ideal of a citizens’ militia would be preserved. Pp. 22–28.

It goes on if you want to actually read the opinion.

I eagerly await your rebuttal.
It's weird how the language in that mimics exactly the language from the time the 2nd was written.

Get ready for the "Big Show."

Holy hell. That was NOT the point of your militia post.

Obviously, you fool lol...I said, quite clearly, he left out the key words “well-regulated”, which, if you actually read the opinion (obvious your dumb ass didn’t haha), you would’ve read this little tidbit: “the 2nd amendment is not unlimited”. Guess what...A well-regulated militia is a militia subject to regulation.

It’s hilarious the usual dumbass suspects who latched on to your post too lol.

Carry on...I can’t wait to own another thread haha

Obviously, you fool lol...I said, quite clearly, he left out the key words “well-regulated”, which, if you actually read the opinion (obvious your dumb ass didn’t haha), you would’ve read this little tidbit: “the 2nd amendment is not unlimited”. Guess what...A well-regulated militia is a militia subject to regulation.

It’s hilarious the usual dumbass suspects who latched on to your post too lol.

Carry on...I can’t wait to own another thread haha

The next thread you own?

it’ll be your first.

I’ve referenced US v Heller on this board before...it has no bearing on the legal interpretation of rapid-fire attachments.

I just searched and found gl97 referencing heller. Did not find your current handle referencing other than responding to someone else who referenced it.

1296772229_2.jpg

It’s not Obama’s fault the ATF didn’t find them illegal. Even tho you want that to be so.

I didn't mention Mr. Obama. I'm curious about what your thoughts were when they were approved in 2010.

If the ATF found them to be within the bounds of the law back then, why would they fall outside of the law seven years later?

I didn't mention Mr. Obama. I'm curious about what your thoughts were when they were approved in 2010.

If the ATF found them to be within the bounds of the law back then, why would they fall outside of the law seven years later?

The gangster violence associated with the Tommy gun and sawed-off shotgun led to public outrage which led to legislative action outlawing these weapons.

Las Vegas created public outrage which has led to the discussion on bump stocks.

That said, I highly doubt a Republican majority and president would draft legislation outlawing these devices. I would be blown away if it happened.

The gangster violence associated with the Tommy gun and sawed-off shotgun led to public outrage which led to legislative action outlawing these weapons.

Las Vegas created public outrage which has led to the discussion on bump stocks.

That said, I highly doubt a Republican majority and president would draft legislation outlawing these devices. I would be blown away if it happened.

Public outrage is always right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT