ADVERTISEMENT

US OPEN

Mrgrapple

2nd Team
Sep 8, 2006
Hass, Melcher, Travis, Williams, Sheets (Cutter) are already entered. Interesting that Deringer and White are entered as Oklahoma Titan Mercury instead of Cliff Keen.

Reactions: tfpoke
The winner of the US open is in the final X vs last year's world medalist. In freestyle only 61 and 125 will have a competition at the WTTs which the winner will meet the US open winner. So he may be healing up and waiting for WTT in Colorado on May 21.

Healing up? Did Daton suffer a injury or do you mean just resting up and getting his body ready?

Plott is registered at 86kg. Thought he would go 79kg. So I'm guessing that he's walking around in the 190's during the off season and didn't want to cut any weight for the open.

Yeah… I’m sure Flo does typical shady media company things, but I just got to watch live high level wrestling on a random Tuesday in April while sitting at my desk during work today. Overall I’ll call that a net positive.

Daton just registered at 61kg, should be fun to watch. Wonder why he waited until the last minute? I thought he already had a spot in final X?

Plott is registered at 86kg. Thought he would go 79kg. So I'm guessing that he's walking around in the 190's during the off season and didn't want to cut any weight for the open.
Plott is not going will wrestle in u 23 I’m a month

Reactions: Okie_Pat
Haas gets pinned with about a minute left while leading 2-1. Showed zero offense.
yeah, even though he was leading, you could tell he was just barely holding it together. He was most definitely physically out matched, and it showed at the end.

LFG Jacob Bulter! Don't care that he's a Sooner, he's an Oklahoma boy (from Elgin) and he just pinned Pantaleo, #1 seed at 70kg in the round of 32. He was unseeded btw.
There's some smoke that he might be headed to Rutgers.

When do the guys currently on our team compete? I saw one update about Haas but nothing about anybody else.

SR Finals lineup. Some good stuff.

57 kg - Zane Richards v Nick Suriano

61 kg - Austin DeSanto v Vito Arujau

65 kg - Joey McKenna v Nick Lee

70 kg - Sammy Sasso v Tyler Berger

74 kg - Jason Nolf v Vincenzo Joseph

79 kg - Chance Marsteller v Alex Dieringer

86 kg - Zahid Valencia v Aaron Brooks

92 kg - Kollin Moore v Mike Macchiavello

97 kg - J’den Cox v Isaac Trumble

125 kg - Gable Steveson v Nick Gwiazdowski

So Melcher, Travis, Williams, Sheets all wrestled and are done?
U20s starts tomorrow. Here is the list I have.

-Spratley
61kg
-Hughes
65kg
-Voinovich (kael)
70kg
-Williams
-Sheets
74kg
-Manibog
86kg
-Thompson
125kg
-Carroll
-Simpson

Non committed - expected interest
61kg
-JJ McComas-Rogers (Stillwater)
-Rhett Peak (BA)

I’m sure there’s others. Those 2 are wrestling with the cowboy rtc

Reactions: tfpoke
Ringer loses 3-2 to Chance. Was 2-2 halfway through second and Chance planted his fat ass in the center to get Ringer on the clock. Then just stalls his way to the win. Just ridiculous to win like that but it’s going to be called that way every time. Still ridiculous and Ringer has to be more aggressive. Bummer.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
Hard to believe Alex could lose to that guy
Chance did exactly what he had to do to win. He doesn’t win that match any other way. Ringer let himself get locked up too much and when it came time to put someone on the clock, he wasn’t in the middle. Sucks because I truly think he could beat JB this year.

Don’t see Spratley on the U20 bracket this morning. I thought he was confirmed. Bummer. Wanted to see what we were getting!

Can Alex still go to WTT?
Yes he can still go and win it, but it will not get him to Final X. This is the first year the us open winner goes straight to Final X. Not sure if they will still have a true second or true third match though. Wouldn’t make a lot of sense to make Chance wrestle him again if he loses to JB but I’m all for it.

I really like the U20 division. Getting to compare stud HS seniors to the stud Freshman in college that mostly just redshirted their first year.

Williams has TF his first two opponents. Thompson and Carroll just got their first assignments so should be up soon.

Carroll with a 40 sec TF. WOW he is thick and so fast. Gable-esque speed there. No clue how good his opponent was.

Thompson in a similar boat. Showed some good speed and technique. Got his TF in 2 minutes.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT