ADVERTISEMENT

"This just doesn't happen in other countries."

Anybody that can honestly deny that Barry is a dishonest idiot is just being dishonest themselves.

Since the terrorist attack in France, the French government has taken steps to increase security, inform its citizens, and take steps to make them prepared. This was after they delivered some retaliation to Islamic terrorists with a clear message.

Meanwhile, Barry says we're safe from ISIS and we should create common sense gun laws while telling us that the "mass shooting" in California just doesn't happen in other countries.

Reactions: CBradSmith
Lol. This stuff doesn't even surprise me anymore.

People say he's damn near genius intelligence. Bullshit.

I'm becoming convinced that the guy lives in a construct within his own mind, fortified to a very ineffective level, and subject to the relativism of reality that one would expect of a "fortified world" within one's mind.

All of us do this, perceive the world through our own inner construct. The unfortunate thing with him, however, is what appears to be the absence of a "self-check" mechansim. Again, a mechanism most of us have, to varying degrees, constantly assimilating "real world" reality, and using what we've learned to edify our individual construct. This allows the individual, obviously, to challenge themselves, their "reality," with the hopeful outcome to bettet adapt in becoming "effective" as an individual in satisfying whatever "values" propel them, from the self-centered to the altruistic.

It speaks volumes about the character of an individual, in my opinion, to see a willingness to embrace a healthy self check mechanism.

The alternative, as we see, is a person disconnected from reality, and in the case of President Obama, inclined to push his inner reality.... his disconnect is apparent by the number of his large failures, from a crumpling, "defining" domestic piece to what I ultimately think will be his biggest legacy:

His inability to better see the world for what it is, ultimately is putting the U.S. population in greater danger given the different levers he COULD have been pulled compared to those that he DID pull.

Terrorism now lives with us. I'm trying to think of a string of decisions he had made over the past 7 years that helped blunt that (let alone accelerate its arrival).

I'm becoming convinced that the guy lives in a construct within his own mind, fortified to a very ineffective level, and subject to the relativism of reality that one would expect of a "fortified world" within one's mind.

All of us do this, perceive the world through our own inner construct. The unfortunate thing with him, however, is what appears to be the absence of a "self-check" mechansim. Again, a mechanism most of us have, to varying degrees, constantly assimilating "real world" reality, and using what we've learned to edify our individual construct. This allows the individual, obviously, to challenge themselves, their "reality," with the hopeful outcome to bettet adapt in becoming "effective" as an individual in satisfying whatever "values" propel them, from the self-centered to the altruistic.

It speaks volumes about the character of an individual, in my opinion, to see a willingness to embrace a healthy self check mechanism.

The alternative, as we see, is a person disconnected from reality, and in the case of President Obama, inclined to push his inner reality.... his disconnect is apparent by the number of his large failures, from a crumpling, "defining" domestic piece to what I ultimately think will be his biggest legacy:

His inability to better see the world for what it is, ultimately is putting the U.S. population in greater danger given the different levers he COULD have been pulled compared to those that he DID pull.

Terrorism now lives with us. I'm trying to think of a string of decisions he had made over the past 7 years that helped blunt that (let alone accelerate its arrival).

He's a narcissist, to a huge degree. Also this just in, FBI says it was terrorism:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-san-bernardino-shooting-isis-20151204-story.html

Of course it was terrorism from the moment the first bullet was fired. It was the definition of terrorism we just didn't know whether it was Islamic or some other form. It became clear shortly thereafter that it was Islamic terrorism but the FBI was prevented from labeling it as such. Virtually all the authorities investigating this crime wanted to call it terrorism early on but the powers in DC prevented them from doing so.

Last edited:
The guy is always full of shit, but so are all politicians generally speaking. I don't even really mind any of the lying anymore. It's the lemmings that lap it up like a starved kitten that irritate me.

" In just 2015, France suffered more casualties – killings and injuries – from mass public shootings than the U.S. has suffered during Obama’s entire presidency (508 to 424). This number includes the San Bernandino massacre on Wednesday."

Link

He's just like most other "progressives."

I lived and worked in NYC for two years with people of this mindset. They absolutely live in a bubble. Public enemy #1 for them are all those bigoted, racist white Christians who live between NJ and California. The gross lack of common sense among these people never got old.

The problem with the left's idea of gun control is that it will not work. California's laws didn't stop Bonmed and Clyhmad from getting everything the needed to do their deed. Oh, so the problem is that they could get what they needed from a neighboring state that has less laws? Sure they can.

So let's pretend that all 50 states and every territory had the strictest gun laws on tap, including gun ownership being illegal. Although that is the wet dream of the left, it won't put a dent in our problem. Law abiding citizens would abide by the law because that's what we do. Criminals would not because that's what they do. There is no shortage of unscrupulous people ready to fill the void to satiate the appetite of the criminal enterprise. But, but, but Australia! Yep, and they don't share a porous border with a country like Mexico. Not convinced? If you live in a fantasy world like limousine liberals you likely won't be aware of reality even when it's taking a dump on your upper lip.

Let me tell you a little story about methamphetamine. Oklahoma has taken the lead in anti-meth legislation. It's labor intensive to buy pseudoephedrine these days. The prevailing thought was that by taking away the meth cook's ability to acquire the necessary precursor, meth would mostly be a thing of the past. Meth labs are hard to come by these days thanks to the continued legislation regarding pseudoephedrine. If only the meth labs were the problem. Thanks to legislation putting meth labs out of business, we now have more meth at lower prices and more purity than ever before. Our meth laws enabled the drug cartels to expand their portfolio. Mexico tried to solve the problem by restricting the importation of pseudoephedrine. Results? No disruption in manufacturing. Cartel labs make meth the Walter White way that doesn't require pseudoephedrine. The result? Tons of dirt cheap 98% pure meth cross the border every day, bound for use in your town. Meth use is at an all time high. I wonder why?

Anybody that believes that "common sense" gun reforms will stop criminals from getting what they want is either ignorant or incapable of critical thinking. Ban gun manufacturing and ban gun ownership. It won't do anything but remove the last line of defense the general public has from criminals of any sort. Maybe if the US was an island the idea would work. But we aren't and all of the gun laws conceivable won't stop a criminal from getting his/her hands on what they want.

Meth and Europe ought to be illustrative of the reality. I know the left is in love with the agenda and doesn't let the outcome, no matter how poor, get in the way. One only has to look at slavery and segregation to understand. The sad thing though is that in 30 years, the left will be preaching what the right is today, well after it has mattered.

The problem with the left's idea of gun control is that it will not work. California's laws didn't stop Bonmed and Clyhmad from getting everything the needed to do their deed. Oh, so the problem is that they could get what they needed from a neighboring state that has less laws? Sure they can.

So let's pretend that all 50 states and every territory had the strictest gun laws on tap, including gun ownership being illegal. Although that is the wet dream of the left, it won't put a dent in our problem. Law abiding citizens would abide by the law because that's what we do. Criminals would not because that's what they do. There is no shortage of unscrupulous people ready to fill the void to satiate the appetite of the criminal enterprise. But, but, but Australia! Yep, and they don't share a porous border with a country like Mexico. Not convinced? If you live in a fantasy world like limousine liberals you likely won't be aware of reality even when it's taking a dump on your upper lip.

Let me tell you a little story about methamphetamine. Oklahoma has taken the lead in anti-meth legislation. It's labor intensive to buy pseudoephedrine these days. The prevailing thought was that by taking away the meth cook's ability to acquire the necessary precursor, meth would mostly be a thing of the past. Meth labs are hard to come by these days thanks to the continued legislation regarding pseudoephedrine. If only the meth labs were the problem. Thanks to legislation putting meth labs out of business, we now have more meth at lower prices and more purity than ever before. Our meth laws enabled the drug cartels to expand their portfolio. Mexico tried to solve the problem by restricting the importation of pseudoephedrine. Results? No disruption in manufacturing. Cartel labs make meth the Walter White way that doesn't require pseudoephedrine. The result? Tons of dirt cheap 98% pure meth cross the border every day, bound for use in your town. Meth use is at an all time high. I wonder why?

Anybody that believes that "common sense" gun reforms will stop criminals from getting what they want is either ignorant or incapable of critical thinking. Ban gun manufacturing and ban gun ownership. It won't do anything but remove the last line of defense the general public has from criminals of any sort. Maybe if the US was an island the idea would work. But we aren't and all of the gun laws conceivable won't stop a criminal from getting his/her hands on what they want.

Meth and Europe ought to be illustrative of the reality. I know the left is in love with the agenda and doesn't let the outcome, no matter how poor, get in the way. One only has to look at slavery and segregation to understand. The sad thing though is that in 30 years, the left will be preaching what the right is today, well after it has mattered.

Damn, you could've stopped at "dump on your upper lip" - classic!

You, I, and everyone else (excluding my extensive ignore list) on this board know that "common sense" gun laws are just another step toward the true end game - confiscation/disarming all law abiding citizens, leaving only the criminals with weapons. Ain't gonna happen, but they'll never quit trying.

The guy is always full of shit, but so are all politicians generally speaking. I don't even really mind any of the lying anymore. It's the lemmings that lap it up like a starved kitten that irritate me.

" In just 2015, France suffered more casualties – killings and injuries – from mass public shootings than the U.S. has suffered during Obama’s entire presidency (508 to 424). This number includes the San Bernandino massacre on Wednesday."

Link

The lemmings are embarrassing to me as a human and a man.

I agree JimmyBob because the left is stuck on the irrelevant point of "how." We need to focus on the who and the why to address a problem like mass shootings. The how is only relevant to those who have their heads in their ass. The only way to stop an undesired behavior is to address the who and the why. It has been and always will be the way. Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan are two perfect examples. Can you imagine if these brainless lefties were in charge back then?

I know the left isn't capable. I'm just venting.

Damn son. This was strong.

The left is suffering from a duality of purpose. The followers, your @CowboyUp's of the world, think gun control is about doing "something" whether it accomplishes anything or not and are frustrated that the evil NRA stands in the way of trying "something" because even if "something" doesn't work, it's worth at try. But that's just the sales pitch.

The true statists like Captain Shitbird and @syskatine know got dam well that legislation will do nothing. Every tragedy is an opportunity to push for "common sense" intrusions onto the inconvenient 2nd Amendment which can be built one upon another over time until gun registration is a reality and then it's just a matter of time until a common sense solution to some future problem is to round up the guns EU style. Anyone who believes this isn't the goal is a willfully ignorant or stupid.

As has been pointed out, the EU has a higher rate of mass shootings than we do, but that's never been the point. The POINT is that an armed American public is an insurmountable obstacle towards pacifying and subduing the masses.

Medic, you are my only OU friend and I don't even know you. Thank you for your love of our country.
I'm flattered, but much like you, a juvenile sports rivalry doesn't get in the way of shit that actually matters. It takes nothing but convincing yourself that you're a fan of any particular team to be a fan (as you already know). It takes conviction to stand up for what is right and just. We're very much alike in this area. So, thank you for your love of our country.

Very good. To expand on your meth analogy, if gun confiscation were imposed the black market for guns would be as great or greater than the black market for meth. Guns would flow across the border. Not everyone has a desire to do drugs but everyone, except liberals who cower in the corner in the fetal position, has an innate desire for self defense of themselves, their property and loved ones.

And President Jelly Backbone Muslim is going on TV tonight to regale us once again on the need for more gun control, how global warming is the main threat to ISIS and how letting more of his Muslim relatives into the US unvetted will protect us.

Last edited:
Very good. To expand on your meth analogy, if gun confiscation were imposed the black market for guns would be as great or greater than the black market for meth. Guns would flow across the border. Not everyone has a desire to do drugs but everyone, except liberals who cower in the corner in the fetal position, has an innate desire for self defense of themselves, their property and loved ones.

And President Jelly Backbone Muslim is going on TV tonight to regale us once again on the need for more gun control, how global warming is the main threat to ISIS and how letting more of his Muslim relatives into the US unvetted will protect us.

The more he presses on those things, I predict the more stirred up opposition to them will become.

The more he presses on those things, I predict the more stirred up opposition to them will become.
It's no secret why people are supporting non-traditional candidates over professional political class candidates. The intrigue with Trump, Cruz and a few others is much deeper than polls suggest. It's dawning on people across the political spectrum that the US as we know it and grew up in is in jeopardy and the blame squarely lies at the feet of Obama, Hillary, liberal democrats and establishment republicans.

What is really interesting is that by pushing his anti-gun agenda President Obama is directly responsible for huge increases in the sales of firearms and ammo.

More people are armed than ever before and conceal carry permits are at record numbers and getting bigger every day.

Reactions: TPOKE and MegaPoke
What is really interesting is that by pushing his anti-gun agenda President Obama is directly responsible for huge increases in the sales of firearms and ammo.

More people are armed than ever before and conceal carry permits are at record numbers and getting bigger every day.

I know guns and ammo on my Christmas list to give and get.

Reactions: capanski
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT