ADVERTISEMENT

This Country Has Gone Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

Was the show even racist at all? I remember a bunch of white honkies on the show but never anything racist.

First, I don't remember the show being racist but the last time I watched I was 6. Second, I'm really pissed about the General Lee. That's the most badass TV car of all time. This is an outrage.

Reactions: Bitter Creek
As offensive as I find that flag to be, I don't recall it being integral to any storyline or it really even being discussed at all. I believe that it has no place on any government property of any kind and I applaud each private seller that refuses to sell it.

That being said, I think this might be overkill. I'm sure they can CGI or blur it out of each scene, but what's the point of that? Pretty sure it's like piss in a pool - once it's there, it's there.

I really only remember the movie with Jessica in daisy dukes washing a car but that could have been a Carls JR commercial. I maybe watched the TV show 5 times in my whole life and can't remember a thing.

I heard Bubba Watson owned one of the original General Lee cars.
Will the car appreciate in value or depreciate now? Stay the same?

What "personal freedoms" are at risk here by a cable network deciding not to continue airing an old tv show?

Doesn't that happen routinely all the time? (Regardless of the reason behind it?)

Is that your barometer for personal freedoms?

No. I was just trying to lighten the mood. But I have no problem with the series not being run because they didn't feel it was appropirate to display an offensive symbol that represents a dark chapter in our nation's history.

It's the principle behind why they chose to take it off....like telling a 5 year old he can't watch some show because it might have boobies. We aren't 5 year olds...if the show was still getting decent audiences in reruns then taking it off just because the car had a rebel flag is just stupid as hell.

I was a kid when it came out and loved the show. It was just goofy fun and no one got killed and it was corny, but never offensive. Nothing racial about it at all. So yes, this decision is some big brother type bs just to please a bunch of morons.

Will they stop airing viewings of Forrest Gump since it had scenes of Black Panther hate groups? How about Quentin Tarantino movies? His movies have way more N bombs than Paula Deen was ever alleged to have uttered...

Reactions: TPOKE and MegaPoke
Rulz,

Please tell me you're not looking for logic and consistency in the entertainment industry.

If the mood in the country was in favor of the Stars and Bars, there'd be half a dozen sitcoms in the works making prominent use of it.

I always get a chuckle out of people telling me how "liberal" Hollywood is, without realizing that it's not the dopey actors who make the decisions. If it made the green (and didn't get them put in jail), from some of what I know about Hollywood Studio and Network Execs they wouldn't hesitate to make Granny Snuff films and showcase them to your kids between Bugs Bunny and Scooby Doo on Saturday Morning. (Not that they actually show cartoons on Saturday any more.)

After all, Dog the Bounty Hunter gets suspended off the air due to some racial remarks he made, but no one questions why he's on the air in the first place considering he murdered someone in cold blood. How the hell does making a few racist remarks, move down past the scale of contempt over being a convicted murderer? The only conclusion is that there is no logic or consistency inherent in the industry.

Oh Hollywood maybe it was the fact he served time for the murder then turned his life around.

Rosco P. Coltrane was the most racist person tv has ever seen.

th

What "personal freedoms" are at risk here by a cable network deciding not to continue airing an old tv show?

Doesn't that happen routinely all the time? (Regardless of the reason behind it?)

If they are doing it because they are afraid of the perception that they don't care about someone feelings, then they are being overly sensitive.

We are becoming a country of people that is constantly shopping around for things to hurt our feelings.

Reactions: MegaPoke
If you were a boy born in the mid/late 70's or early 80's, and you didnt like Dukes of Hazzard, I don't know how to help you.

Reactions: MegaPoke
Ok....there was one Episode that featured some case full of money or something and the one identifying feature of the case was a little sticker with a rebel flag on it...

OMG!!! Take it down now!!! Those dirty racist bastards!!! Lol.

Gawd. Where is my damn time machine....I want to go live back when people weren't pussies.

@bubbawatson: All men ARE created equal, I believe that so I will be painting the American flag over the roof of the General Lee #USA

I really dislike Bubba Watson. I didn't think it was possible to root against a golfer. This guy makes it easy. He whines and complains constantly. Blames his caddy when he hits bad shots and now this.

What "personal freedoms" are at risk here by a cable network deciding not to continue airing
Rulz,

Please tell me you're not looking for logic and consistency in the entertainment industry.

If the mood in the country was in favor of the Stars and Bars, there'd be half a dozen sitcoms in the works making prominent use of it.

I always get a chuckle out of people telling me how "liberal" Hollywood is, without realizing that it's not the dopey actors who make the decisions. If it made the green (and didn't get them put in jail), from some of what I know about Hollywood Studio and Network Execs they wouldn't hesitate to make Granny Snuff films and showcase them to your kids between Bugs Bunny and Scooby Doo on Saturday Morning. (Not that they actually show cartoons on Saturday any more.)

After all, Dog the Bounty Hunter gets suspended off the air due to some racial remarks he made, but no one questions why he's on the air in the first place considering he murdered someone in cold blood. How the hell does making a few racist remarks, move down past the scale of contempt over being a convicted murderer? The only conclusion is that there is no logic or consistency inherent in the industry.

I don't mind them protecting me from those awful Dukes and their racist flag,

...Just as long as I can still watch wacky silly nazis on TV Land!

maxresdefault.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT