ADVERTISEMENT

This Can’t Possibly Be True

The left is eating thier own the they way they had envisioned eating the right. Sit back and enjoy the show. They will need riots all year. This is just the beginning. Your gen z'rs will get plenty of opportunities to keep screwing it up.

Reactions: windriverrange
The left is eating thier own the they way they had envisioned eating the right. Sit back and enjoy the show. They will need riots all year. This is just the beginning. Your gen z'rs will get plenty of opportunities to keep screwing it up.
That’s what we were told in the anti-war era of the 60’s & 70’s, and look which side came out on top. A troubling side effect of your attitude as it was practiced back then is the left gained a political foothold it did not have before and has never relinquished. Decades later it brought us the Bill and Hillary Clintons and Barack Obamas and Joe Bidens we now are saddled with. It is your quasi-fascist attitude that what we need is more police state to shut down the leftists that will create a police state you want to prevent the left from controlling. It’s a very dangerous circular logic that will bring us exactly what you say you want to avoid. (I don’t mean you personally, I mean it in the indefinite sense.). One can’t help but wonder if in truth it’s not that you want to avoid a police state, you’d be fine with a police state as long as it’s *your* police state, you’re good with that. It’s the *left’s* police state where you draw the line.

Good to see you are standing in solidarity with the useful idiots.

“What began as a student demonstration two days ago, was infiltrated by professional organizers with no affiliation to Northeastern.
And that comes as a surprise to you? Do you think your team has no professional organizers unaffiliated with the university of your choice there to roil the pot? You aren’t that naive.

And that comes as a surprise to you? Do you think your team has no professional organizers unaffiliated with the university of your choice there to roil the pot? You aren’t that naive.
Yet you are the only one expressing your pride in what these kids are doing.

Yet you are the only one expressing your pride in what these kids are doing.
I’m the only one on this board expressing support for the anti-genocide actions of our government. But there are hundreds of millions who are with me. You don’t know that because you encase yourself in your comfortable bubble that makes you feel safe and smart. Have you noticed the plethora of links from a plethora of writers I post on this board? Do you think they’re just writing to themselves, that they have no audience? Guess what: as many people read them as watch Fox News or read @townhall.com.

I’m the only one on this board expressing support for the anti-genocide actions of our government. But there are hundreds of millions who are with me. You don’t know that because you encase yourself in your comfortable bubble that makes you feel safe and smart. Have you noticed the plethora of links from a plethora of writers I post on this board? Do you think they’re just writing to themselves, that they have no audience? Guess what: as many people read them as watch Fox News or read @townhall.com.
We've had this discussion before, Israel is not committing genocide no matter what you think or how you feel. They are fighting a war against an enemy that would gladly commit genocide against the Israelis and that genocide would be supported by those same millions you claim.

That’s what we were told in the anti-war era of the 60’s & 70’s, and look which side came out on top. A troubling side effect of your attitude as it was practiced back then is the left gained a political foothold it did not have before and has never relinquished. Decades later it brought us the Bill and Hillary Clintons and Barack Obamas and Joe Bidens we now are saddled with. It is your quasi-fascist attitude that what we need is more police state to shut down the leftists that will create a police state you want to prevent the left from controlling. It’s a very dangerous circular logic that will bring us exactly what you say you want to avoid. (I don’t mean you personally, I mean it in the indefinite sense.). One can’t help but wonder if in truth it’s not that you want to avoid a police state, you’d be fine with a police state as long as it’s *your* police state, you’re good with that. It’s the *left’s* police state where you draw the line.
While I see the similarities in your statement and agree the 60's and 70's gave us Clinton, Obama, Biden, and Bush, I will disagree that the situations are the same. The Baby Boomers are trying to use what they learned in the 60's and 70's and apply it to today. The difference is that the right is now better prepared. Biden is the last gasp of the Boomers. And the 80's and 90's generation is about to take the lead. You will be dealing with a different animal altogether.

I'm not using circular logic, I am saying the left is, and you're seeing the fruits of it now. Communists use this method to take control of countries like our CIA has done.

As far as the police state goes, no I will not be fine with a police state, but the circular logic of the left will lead us right into it, in the name of trying to defeat the police state.

Naturally, you would be fine with a police state if it was your police state as well, which is where your ideology will end as well. I can play that game too. However, I don't think that is what you are trying to achieve, and neither am I. To keep from being a police state, any country's citizens must demand that their government does what they want, and not what the government wants. Our biggest problem today is that too many think that the government is here to write laws and deal with the issues of society. In most places that would be correct, but the US is unique in that the way the constitution is written the government's job is to keep itself out of your lives. We should not be passing laws to fix things, we need to pass laws to dismantle the law we already created. Or it's a politician's job to protect me from the government, not the government from me.

We've had this discussion before, Israel is not committing genocide no matter what you think or how you feel. They are fighting a war against an enemy that would gladly commit genocide against the Israelis and that genocide would be supported by those same millions you claim.
You were making a great point right up to the last phrase. It is understnable that you would say millions would support Hamas genociding Israelis because you can't comprehend that millions could be against genocide in it own right, if millions condemn Israel's genocide of Palestinians in your mind, or so it seems, that can only mean we are Hamas supporters and therefore would applaud if Hamas genocided Israelis.

While I see the similarities in your statement and agree the 60's and 70's gave us Clinton, Obama, Biden, and Bush, I will disagree that the situations are the same. The Baby Boomers are trying to use what they learned in the 60's and 70's and apply it to today. The difference is that the right is now better prepared. Biden is the last gasp of the Boomers. And the 80's and 90's generation is about to take the lead. You will be dealing with a different animal altogether.

I'm not using circular logic, I am saying the left is, and you're seeing the fruits of it now. Communists use this method to take control of countries like our CIA has done.

As far as the police state goes, no I will not be fine with a police state, but the circular logic of the left will lead us right into it, in the name of trying to defeat the police state.

Naturally, you would be fine with a police state if it was your police state as well, which is where your ideology will end as well. I can play that game too. However, I don't think that is what you are trying to achieve, and neither am I. To keep from being a police state, any country's citizens must demand that their government does what they want, and not what the government wants. Our biggest problem today is that too many think that the government is here to write laws and deal with the issues of society. In most places that would be correct, but the US is unique in that the way the constitution is written the government's job is to keep itself out of your lives. We should not be passing laws to fix things, we need to pass laws to dismantle the law we already created. Or it's a politician's job to protect me from the government, not the government from me.
You are so close to getting it! Yes, yes, yes the left uses its own brand of circular logic to create its own police state, enforcing what the left thinks is important. What you don't seem to understand is the right is no different. The right is most willing to create a police state in its own image, the right believes the most important thing is to prevent the left from creating a police state, and that means the right must create its own police state to see to it the left is crushed. Those of us who dont' want a police state at all are just as opposed to one version as the other.

If you take the time to read what so many posters on this board say about the left and the need to do whatever it takes to stop it you will see they are calling for a police state in their own image because that's the only way they think they can stop their enemy. I remember back when DJT was president and participating in his own personal one-man trade war against the world, particularly China, his argument was China's authoritarian, top-down eonomy is beating us, so we needd to copy their authoritarian model (with him in charge, of course) if we could remain supreme. And people on this board lapped it up like puppies with their first bowl of milk. They couldn't wait for the US to adopt the China eonomy. That, my friend, is a small step toward a right-wing police state. And the rubes had no idea what they were walking us into.

You are so close to getting it! Yes, yes, yes the left uses its own brand of circular logic to create its own police state, enforcing what the left thinks is important. What you don't seem to understand is the right is no different. The right is most willing to create a police state in its own image, the right believes the most important thing is to prevent the left from creating a police state, and that means the right must create its own police state to see to it the left is crushed. Those of us who dont' want a police state at all are just as opposed to one version as the other.

If you take the time to read what so many posters on this board say about the left and the need to do whatever it takes to stop it you will see they are calling for a police state in their own image because that's the only way they think they can stop their enemy. I remember back when DJT was president and participating in his own personal one-man trade war against the world, particularly China, his argument was China's authoritarian, top-down eonomy is beating us, so we needd to copy their authoritarian model (with him in charge, of course) if we could remain supreme. And people on this board lapped it up like puppies with their first bowl of milk. They couldn't wait for the US to adopt the China eonomy. That, my friend, is a small step toward a right-wing police state. And the rubes had no idea what they were walking us into.
I'm not for a police state in any form. Right or Left, I'm just saying who the closest is to achieving its goals. The right currently under at least on the side of the republican party wants to fall into this category.

For those like me, who want their republic and no police state are in a catch-22 situation. Currently, the left is the greatest threat to a police state and has been for the last 90 years. Doing nothing is not an option, so working with the right to stop the left is the only logical conclusion. When the right becomes that threat, I will have to attempt to balance the weights. Till then I support the right and there are a lot of things I can get behind. If the answer is putting soldiers in the subway, however, the answer to that is a hell no. From those that I have talked to, I'm more likely to get a hell no from the right than I am from the left. Using the terms right and left can be deceiving as well. What we should be arguing about is authoritarianism vs freedom.

I understand where you come from, which is why I will engage with you from time to time. We probably agree more than we disagree, but the disagreements can be very monumental.

Reactions: Ponca Dan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT