ADVERTISEMENT

The World Has Turned Upside Down

No, that’s not it at all. Stop the killing. Stop the destruction. Let the people affected decide what they want and honor their decision.
Russia started the killing. Russia started the destruction. They invaded a sovereign country. Russia is the country that chose war over peace. And those affected by this, the Ukrainians, have made it clear they want Russia out of their country. They are telling you what they want. Do you not want to honor their desire to protect their country?

So again, is the peace you want a peace that ensures Russia withdraws and promises that they will not invade the sovereign territory of Ukraine again? A peace where Russia honors and respects the sovereignty of Ukraine?

Russia started the killing. Russia started the destruction. They invaded a sovereign country. Russia is the country that chose war over peace. And those affected by this, the Ukrainians, have made it clear they want Russia out of their country. They are telling you what they want. Do you not want to honor their desire to protect their country?

So again, is the peace you want a peace that ensures Russia withdraws and promises that they will not invade the sovereign territory of Ukraine again? A peace where Russia honors and respects the sovereignty of Ukraine?
Actually Ukraine started the killing by negating its commitment to the Minsk Agreement (which Merkel admitted was a sham from the beginning) and firing artillery at its own Russian speaking people in the Donbas region, killing something to the tune of 8-15 thousand of its own citizens. But who started the war or who is the guilty party is immaterial if there’s going to be an end to the war. Just stop killing each other, it’s as simple as that. Then let the ones who want to be Russian be Russian and those that want to be Ukrainians be Ukrainians. I’d bet the people caught in the crossfire would be in favor of that simpke solution.

You have no idea whether Russia should withdraw from Ukraine, honor Ukraine's sovereignty as a country, and promise never to invade Ukraine again? No idea at all??
With what terms though?
Have no idea, Biden and unlike you leftist being fair, some neo con Republicans haven't said what it would take, other than the removal of Putin and that's not going to happen without full scale war between the US and Russia. That's one of my problems with this deal we have no idea what Biden's end game is.

Actually Ukraine started the killing by negating its commitment to the Minsk Agreement (which Merkel admitted was a sham from the beginning) and firing artillery at its own Russian speaking people in the Donbas region, killing something to the tune of 8-15 thousand of its own citizens. But who started the war or who is the guilty party is immaterial if there’s going to be an end to the war. Just stop killing each other, it’s as simple as that. Then let the ones who want to be Russian be Russian and those that want to be Ukrainians be Ukrainians. I’d bet the people caught in the crossfire would be in favor of that simpke solution.
Sigh.

Let's try this approach. You love to talk about the Vietnam War and how this was a horrible example of American imperialism. How it was a horrible blunder. Which I fully agree with, btw.

Now, why do you believe this? Why were we so wrong when it came to getting involved in Vietnam?

Or even this, did you support the Bay of Pigs invansion? Was this the right course of action for our country towards Cuba in 1961?

With what terms though?
Have no idea, Biden and unlike you leftist being fair, some neo con Republicans haven't said what it would take, other than the removal of Putin and that's not going to happen without full scale war between the US and Russia. That's one of my problems with this deal we have no idea what Biden's end game is.
Again, you have no idea whether Russia should withdraw from Ukraine, honor Ukraine's sovereignty as a country, and promise never to invade Ukraine again? No idea at all??

Stop dodging and answer the simple question.

Can't do that when the shadow illegitimate installed leaders of the free world are in control and want to rule the world and will kill and make life horrible for any pawns they seem necessary for their end goal- They were allowed by the citizens of the US to take Trump out that sealed it for the Ukraine citizens and prob ends humanity- they are taking us out with their pissed off at the world scumbag selves. The ukraines were abused and murdered anyways by their illegible govt that Nulands, Obama and the 3 letter agents installed with their POS color revolution (see Biden and BLM and Covid for same thing in America)) but if we could have gotten the deep state out of control we had a small shot to right the ship- installing Pedo puppet Joey sealed the fate of countless humans around the globe

Reactions: K2C Sooner

You sure Russia started the killings? Weren't there hostilities going on the Donbas region going on well before Russia invaded? From my understanding the Ukrainian government wasn't exactly innocent in all of that.

Could Obama's overthrow of the Ukrainian government be consider by Putin to be invading foreign country?

Yes Ukraine has made it clear they want Russia out of their country but it looks like part of Ukraine doesn't want to be ruled by Zelenski or the American puppet government. What about them?

Bottom line it's a mess.

Sigh.

Let's try this approach. You love to talk about the Vietnam War and how this was a horrible example of American imperialism. How it was a horrible blunder. Which I fully agree with, btw.

Now, why do you believe this? Why were we so wrong when it came to getting involved in Vietnam?

Or even this, did you support the Bay of Pigs invansion? Was this the right course of action for our country towards Cuba in 1961?
Why do I believe the war in VietNam was a mistake? What was the mission? What was the threat to America? Why did LBJ lie to us to get us involved there? The war machine carefully evades answering those questions and other like them. And hell no I didn’t support the Bay of Pigs invasion.

Again, you have no idea whether Russia should withdraw from Ukraine, honor Ukraine's sovereignty as a country, and promise never to invade Ukraine again? No idea at all??

I don't care what they decide as long as the war stops and the threat of WWIII is stopped.
From my understanding the people in Donbas region don't want to be part of the American puppet government in Ukraine, they prefer Russia. If Ukraine giving up the Donbas region stops the war I'm fine with it. IMO Biden and NATO totally misread the situation and screwed the pooch.

If memory serves Russia offered to do exactly that very early on if Ukraine would commit to staying out of NATO and declare itself a neutral country. Ukraine was seriously considering the proposal until the powers that be in NATO stepped in and forbade it. All that killing and destruction could have been avoided over something that will probably happen anyway.

Reactions: 2012Bearcat
Why do I believe the war in VietNam was a mistake? What was the mission? What was the threat to America? Why did LBJ lie to us to get us involved there? The war machine carefully evades answering those questions and other like them.
Yes, I am asking you why you believe we were so wrong when it came to getting involved in Vietnam? So what is your answer?

And hell no I didn’t support the Bay of Pigs invasion.
Why not?

I don't care what they decide as long as the war stops and the threat of WWIII is stopped.
So you don't care if Putin is successful and achieves his goals as long as you can claim there is some type of peace? Give Putin what he wants, allow his interests to trump the interests of Ukraine? Is this what you really believe peace looks like?

If memory serves Russia offered to do exactly that very early on if Ukraine would commit to staying out of NATO and declare itself a neutral country.
Ukraine is a sovereign nation. Do you believe Russia gets to dictate to Ukraine what they can and cannot do under threat of invansion?

Do you want other nations dictating to us what we can do? What alliances we can join?

Is your version of peace letting Putin have his way on Ukraine and completely ignoring the sovereignty of Ukraine?

All that killing and destruction could have been avoided over something that will probably happen anyway.
All the killing and destruction would have been avoided if Russia hasn't invaded a sovereign country. Period.

Putin-led Russia is to blame for the killing and destruction you keep referencing. Until you can admit this, you are never going to be able to accurately understand what peace looks like as it relates to Ukraine. Peace isn't giving Putin what he wants. Just like peace wasn't giving Hitler what he wanted in the 1930s.

So you don't care if Putin is successful and achieves his goals as long as you can claim there is some type of peace? Give Putin what he wants, allow his interests to trump the interests of Ukraine? Is this what you really believe peace looks like?
Where was this same thought when Putin took over Crimea? Anything to support the Party right comrade?

I don't know what it would take for a ceasefire and a peace agreement but IMO what ever it is it's well worth it. If the war continues it will further escalate, it has a very real possibility of turning into WWIII. Now China is getting involved and coming in on the side of Russia. Reports are coming out China may have already supplied Russia Chinese arms and if they haven't as yet that is only a short time away. Ukraine is running out of man power as it is, what happens when they no longer have the man power to stop the Russians? Despite MSM reports Russian has far more manpower than Ukraine ever thought about. Russia can take hundreds of thousands of troop loses where Ukraine can not. Hell the loses Russia took in WWII were appalling and it's always been part of their strategy. You ready to send US or NATO troops in? If so you and yours first.
All of this is why the war should have never started in the first place. You believe Biden is innocent of all wrong doing and it's all Putin. Again with you it's anything to support the sacred party.

I don't know what it would take for a ceasefire and a peace agreement but IMO what ever it is it's well worth it.
I'm not asking you what it would take, I'm asking you what you would support in your desire to achieve "peace."

So again, do you believe peace is accomplished if Putin doesn't agree to withdraw from Ukraine and doesn't promise to not invade Ukraine again? Do you believe the sovereignty of Ukraine should be honored or do you believe Putin should be rewarded for his invansion?

You ready to send US or NATO troops in? If so you and yours first.
No I don't support this because there is no reason to do this.

All of this is why the war should have never started in the first place.
Yes, Russia should have never invaded another sovereign country. Period. Putin-led Russia is to blame here, not anyone else.

I'm not asking you what it would take, I'm asking you what you would support in your desire to achieve "peace."

How much more claer do I need to make it for you. Whatever it takes.
So again, do you believe peace is accomplished if Putin doesn't agree to withdraw from Ukraine and doesn't promise to not invade Ukraine again? Do you believe the sovereignty of Ukraine should be honored or do you believe Putin should be rewarded for his invansion?
Again, whatever it takes
No I don't support this because there is no reason to do this.
This war keeps on you may not have that choice. You willing to take that chance? I'm not, seen to much of it in my lifetime.
Yes, Russia should have never invaded another sovereign country. Period. Putin-led Russia is to blame here, not anyone else.
I agree but i do not ignore Biden's role in it all.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Ukraine is a sovereign nation. Do you believe Russia gets to dictate to Ukraine what they can and cannot do under threat of invansion?

Do you want other nations dictating to us what we can do? What alliances we can join?

Is your version of peace letting Putin have his way on Ukraine and completely ignoring the sovereignty of Ukraine?

All the killing and destruction would have been avoided if Russia hasn't invaded a sovereign country. Period.

Putin-led Russia is to blame for the killing and destruction you keep referencing. Until you can admit this, you are never going to be able to accurately understand what peace looks like as it relates to Ukraine. Peace isn't giving Putin what he wants. Just like peace wasn't giving Hitler what he wanted in the 1930s.
The underlying philosophical principle you are making boils down to one thing: if one nation’s military invades another nation’s boundary it is the absolute duty of the American government to step in and aid the invaded country. It makes no matter if the conflict has no bearing on the health or prosperity of the American citizens who are supposed to be the priority, the very reason the American government exists. As a philosophical principal there can be no exceptions. That’s about as messed up a philosophical principal as one can have. But it does seem to be the guiding principal we have been given by our war machine. It has been a very lucrative principal for the war machine to use.

Reactions: K2C Sooner

carry on
Obama: medical equipment, night vision gear and counter-artillery radar.

Trump: sniper rifles, rocket launchers and Javelin anti-tank missiles

From your own imitation fact check from 2019. You don't even read the things you post.

The underlying philosophical principle you are making boils down to one thing: if one nation’s military invades another nation’s boundary it is the absolute duty of the American government to step in and aid the invaded country.
No, that isn't the underlying philosophical principle I'm making.

I'm simply noting it was Russia that invaded Ukraine and started all the death and destruction you keep referencing. And I'm asking you to explain what your version of "peace" looks like. Should Russia withdraw from Ukraine and promise to not invade Ukraine again? Should Ukraine's sovereignty be respected? Should Ukraine be allowed to conduct its own foreign policy and form alliances without threat of a Russian invansion? Should Putin's interests trump Ukrainian interests?

All questions you have, so far, refused to answer.

But it does seem to be the guiding principal we have been given by our war machine. It has been a very lucrative principal for the war machine to use.
What about Russia's war machine?

Still waiting on some answers on Vietnam and the Bay of Pigs too @Ponca Dan. I find it interesting you are all of a sudden dodging these questions too.

Why do you believe the USA was so wrong to get involved in Vietnam? And why did you not support the Bay of Pigs invansion?

Know you & I differ on this, by a wide margin, but your above argument is just damned silly.

Putin fomented the invasion of the Donbas with russian troops & Wagner, that is simply an indisputable fact. There was no organic spontaneous uprising by people within what would eventually be illegally declared the DNR & LHR. After signing the Budapest accords he invaded Crimea & the Donbas. This has nothing to do with "letting people who want to be russians be russian," way more nuanced than that & in that part of the world there are all kinds of ethnic minorities who believe they should have a carve out within an already established countries boundaries. That part of the world, including the Balkans would be in an endless cycle of war forever.

Simple question then. Did the people who wanted to be Nazi's at the beginning of Germanies aggression then get to decide to not be Nazi's afterwards & sue for a negotiated peace because they were tired of the war & killing?

There were also 1,000's of Ukrainians they were expelled from the Donbas with nothing but what they had on their backs, what about them. Many Ukrainians were killed by the russian soldiers & wagner during the invasion & many more subsequent to the forming of LHR & DNR on sovereign Ukrainian territory. What about them?

Here is on immutable fact about the world we live in its ugly, dangerous & war is a constant reminder that the stronger will ALWAYS try to subjugate the weaker. Putin has been always for a greater "Imperial" Russian footprint, the Donbas & Crimea were never about rescuing "alleged" abused russians, but expanding that imperialistic footprint and a future jump off point for further invasions if the world did nothing. Also the areas in the Donbas & Luhansk have nearly all of Ukraines natural resources, how does Ukraine make up for those state revenue & job losses if they are forced to surrender?

I respect each & every one of you who demand a peace & the end to fighting there & bemoan the money & weapons being sent. Remember this though, until 2014 (and no the Maiden revolution was not put into motion by the CIA or US government) Ukraine was a russian vassal state for the most part. You can't expect a country, any country that is 8 years removed from being run by pro-russian rulers who's corruption knew no bounds, to suddenly be squeaky clean. To expect a country that was awash in corruption to do a 360 in 8-years is just silly and to put that into perspective Liz Cheney went from a net worth of $7 million in 2016 to a net worth of $44 million in 2022. This country has no boast or righteous claim to lack of corruption.

You have a population whose relatives were slaughter after 1921 during the bolshevik revolution & in the 30's millions were carted off to Siberia or killed/purposely starved (Holodomor) to make way for collectivization & russians.

I've also asked you to give me diplomatic proof of the whole "everyone promised that NATO would move no further east. I'm not talking about someone saying they said this or that, I'm talking about a treaty that documents that promise. When you look at the absolute misery the dam bolsheviks have wrought on every country in that part of the world there is a reason they all want to be in NATO's fold, you know the NATO that is strictly a DEFENSIVE ORGANIZATION.

One thing we possibly would agree on though is some very tangible milestones must be obtained by the Ukrainian military in order for us to continue unrelenting support which would include F-16's & anything else they need to recover only the territory that has been stolen. Absent that then there needs to be a hard stop to the aid & they need to be told to negotiate. We simply can not continue to feed the weapons to them through an eyedropper though.

The world also needs to come entirely down on russia & Belarus & their whole economy. If china supplies lethal weapons then the world needs to help crush their economy as well. If the world loses their resolve you can expect Taiwan to be next & that will be a world war, not the oft mentioned alleged World War III we are sleep walking into in Ukraine.

The absolutely most tragic thing about this war is when russian troops started massing on Ukraine's border from Belarus & russia the world should have immediately agreed to provide most robust western arms systems & start training Ukrainian troops on how to use them. It would have been a very proficient deterrent & my guess is even if they still hd attacked they would have made little to no headway. People are defending their own soil now & that motivation counts more than most things the bolsheviks have or do. Read the book "Carnage & Culture," it lays out very well why democratic free societies usually always prevail over totalitarian regimes in war. From the battle of Salamis in Greece (480 BC) to World War II & even to a point the Korean War. Always were some exceptions, but by in large the vast majority of war being fought by free men vs slaves or subjects resulted in the free men winning.

Last edited:
How much more claer do I need to make it for you. Whatever it takes.

Again, whatever it takes
Got it.

So you have no objection to empowering Putin and allowing him to obtain his goals while ignoring the desires of the Ukrainian people, who are currently being invaded by Russia and suffering greatly. To heck with Ukraine. Give Putin what he wants in the name of "peace."🙄

btw, this mindset will never lead us to peace.

I agree but i do not ignore Biden's role in it all.
Biden didn't play a role in Russia deciding to invade Ukraine. Putin-led Russia made the decision to do what it did.

It is pitiful to see how much of a partisan hack you truly are. You would rather stand with, defend, and support Putin and Russia over your own President and nation's interests (as well as the Ukrainian people who are experiencing an invansion) simply because our current President is a Democrat. This is all about Biden for you and opposing him.

Still waiting on some answers on Vietnam and the Bay of Pigs too @Ponca Dan. I find it interesting you are all of a sudden dodging these questions too.

Why do you believe the USA was so wrong to get involved in Vietnam? And why did you not support the Bay of Pigs invansion?
Ever thought yer perception may be wrong? You sound way too hi on yerself.

Reactions: windriverrange
Got it.

So you have no objection to empowering Putin and allowing him to obtain his goals while ignoring the desires of the Ukrainian people, who are currently being invaded by Russia and suffering greatly. To heck with Ukraine. Give Putin what he wants in the name of "peace."🙄

btw, this mindset will never lead us to peace.
Biden didn't play a role in Russia deciding to invade Ukraine. Putin-led Russia made the decision to do what it did.

It is pitiful to see how much of a partisan hack you truly are. You would rather stand with, defend, and support Putin and Russia over your own President and nation's interests (as well as the Ukrainian people who are experiencing an invansion) simply because our current President is a Democrat. This is all about Biden for you and opposing him.
It interesting to me you absolve Obama, Biden and NATO of all wrong doing in this. Both sides are wrong in this but you can't seem to get that through your party loyalty.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Because they didn't invade Ukraine. Russia did.

I'm sorry you struggle so much with this simple fact.

I can see how that would be your position, leftist never take responsibility for their actions and can't stand it when people call BS on their policies or stand up in opposition to them.

This is not my position. It is a fact. Putin-led Russia invaded Ukraine. Not Obama, not Biden, not Trump.
One of the many problems we all have with you, @my_2cents, is you never explictly state an opinion. You're very liberal telling everybody else what they think, but never stake out a precise position of your own. So tell us, oh wise one, what is your *explicit* position on the proxy war in Ukraine? We know you're upset that Russia invaded a sovereign nation, in your opinion without provocation. So tell us your opinion on why Russia invaded, and tell us *exactly* what in your opinion the US government is morally obligated to do about the invasion in the name of the American people. We're looking for *specifics* here: what is America's obligation to Ukraine, why that specific obligation and for how long does the obligation apply?

Last edited:
Moral obligation? Nope. I posted this under one of your other threads. I am not a fan of Blair but agree with his take on this.

"Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair called on the West to shore up its resolve to defeat Russian aggression in Ukraine in an opinion piece published in The Telegraph on the eve of the conflict's first anniversary, saying, "What is at stake is fundamental."

According to Blair, the cause of Russia's invasion of its neighboring country is illustrated by a conversation the ex-U.K. prime minister had before leaving office with Russian President Vladimir Putin, who "by that point had given up on reform and democracy and had embraced nationalism and dictatorship."
"I tried to reason with him, following a discussion with then-American President George W. Bush, that whether Ukraine joined NATO or not should be up to them," Blair wrote. " 'It's their choice,' I said. 'It's not their choice,' he [Putin] replied. 'They're with us...

Putin's "imperialist vision" is incompatible with "the independent nation states of Eastern Europe, the Balkans and Central Asia," Blair said. "And that is why he must be stopped."

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/tony-blair-vladimir-putin-ukraine/2023/02/24/id/1110023/

Once Ukraine is in the EU/NATO orbit the corruption can be dealt with.

You sure Russia started the killings? Weren't there hostilities going on the Donbas region going on well before Russia invaded? From my understanding the Ukrainian government wasn't exactly innocent in all of that.

Could Obama's overthrow of the Ukrainian government be consider by Putin to be invading foreign country?

Yes Ukraine has made it clear they want Russia out of their country but it looks like part of Ukraine doesn't want to be ruled by Zelenski or the American puppet government. What about them?

Bottom line it's a mess.
So Obama overthrew the gubmint. But maybe this was after Russia/Putin overthrew the previous gubmint first!? zer0 is a turd BTW who only offered blankets. Imagine if we built up their military before feckless Joe came into office and said a minor incursion would be ok. A skeptical Trump did give them some lethal aid but slow walked it as well.

Funny how we have a small amount of troops in Taiwan but would not put a single troop into the Ukraine. Putin would not attack our troops. Xi just might as Biden has just a few hundred and Xi may be crazy enough to think he can win a nuclear war.

But,Julia was on track and pro-west. She was framed and imprisoned by the Putin puppets. She was later exonerated.

Tony Blair confirms that its been Putins long term plan to rebuild the Empire. This goes back to at least Ws time in office.

Plain and simple Putin is the evil guy here. He must be defeated first and then discussion can occur about corruption etc.

If he is concerned about Russians in Ukraine he can take them into Russia proper and provide them with a new home Those that stay have implicitly agreed to remain Ukrainians.

One of the many problems we all have with you, @my_2cents, is you never explictly state an opinion. You're very liberal telling everybody else what they think, but never stake out a precise position of your own. So tell us, oh wise one, what is your *explicit* position on the proxy war in Ukraine? We know you're upset that Russia invaded a sovereign nation, in your opinion without provocation. So tell us your opinion on why Russia invaded, and tell us *exactly* what in your opinion the US government is morally obligated to do about the invasion in the name of the American people. We're looking for *specifics* here: what is America's obligation to Ukraine, why that specific obligation and for how long does the obligation apply?
Besides the fact that I've made my position on Ukraine clear often on this board, I see no reason to answer any of these questions until you decide to finally answer the questions that have been asked of you on this thread.

This is what you do. Demand others answer your questions (even start threads doing so), but when others ask you simple questions, you dodge and deflect.

So, again . . .

Besides the fact that I've made my position on Ukraine clear often on this board, I see no reason to answer any of these questions until you decide to finally answer the questions that have been asked of you on this thread.

This is what you do. Demand others answer your questions (even start threads doing so), but when others ask you simple questions, you dodge and deflect.

So, again . . .
I believe joes combing yer hair. And you like it Francis. 😁

as is Biden and NATO pushing to have Ukraine join NATO, which was a red line for Putin.
So what?

Ukraine is its own sovereign country. It can conduct foreign policy and enter into alliances without having to get Putin's permission first. Or are you claiming Ukraine doesn't have the right to act in its own interests and form alliances with whoever it wants to? Are you claiming Putin gets to dictate to Ukraine what it must do and if Ukraine doesn't do it, then Putin is justified in invading Ukraine, starting a war that has led to all the death and destruction you keep referencing?

If your answers are yes, do you have the same belief about our nation. Does some other nation get to dictate to us the alliances we can form? Does another nation get to dictate to us our own interests? Would another country be justified invading us if we don't do what they demand of us?

So what?

Ukraine is its own sovereign country. It can conduct foreign policy and enter into alliances without having to get Putin's permission first. Or are you claiming Ukraine doesn't have the right to act in its own interests and form alliances with whoever it wants to? Are you claiming Putin gets to dictate to Ukraine what it must do and if Ukraine doesn't do it, then Putin is justified in invading Ukraine, starting a war that has led to all the death and destruction you keep referencing?

If your answers are yes, do you have the same belief about our nation. Does some other nation get to dictate to us the alliances we can form? Does another nation get to dictate to us our own interests? Would another country be justified invading us if we don't do what they demand of us?
Bless yet heart. I mean it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT