ADVERTISEMENT

The Pope says ...

Is what he really is saying that same sex marriages will not be allowed in the Catholic church as a holy sacrament, but that he does believe outside of the Catholic church unions recognized by mankind are ok?

Just asking for clarification, is this really a change in Catholic teachings? If you do not want to be a practicing Catholic and want to have a same sex civil union, why should the Pope care? Separation of Church and state. The Pope is not a recognized dictator for those who do not believe in the Catholic faith.

When the Pope says Catholic Priests have to provide the holy sacrament of marriage to same sex partners? That will seem really news worthy.

Is he signaling to ACB? You can separate your religious views from laws of man?

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
This current pope is the last pope and will be the false prophet who will work directly with the Anti Christ. Many people will be deceived by him. @brtnla

• Wow
Reactions: AC2020
Is what he really is saying that same sex marriages will not be allowed in the Catholic church as a holy sacrament, but that he does believe outside of the Catholic church unions recognized by mankind are ok?

Just asking for clarification, is this really a change in Catholic teachings? If you do not want to be a practicing Catholic and want to have a same sex civil union, why should the Pope care? Separation of Church and state. The Pope is not a recognized dictator for those who do not believe in the Catholic faith.

When the Pope says Catholic Priests have to provide the holy sacrament of marriage to same sex partners? That will seem really news worthy.

Is he signaling to ACB? You can separate your religious views from laws of man?

The Church will never redefine the term “marriage.” Not today, not tomorrow, not 1000 years from now. The Pope’s comments are about gays being ostracized in society historically.

I'm trying to understand the celebration here. He was very explicit to call for "Civil Unions" and not marriage. He doesn't support gay marriage. If I said: "I don't support gay marriage, but I believe there should be civil unions defined to allow gays to form legal pairings similar to marriage" I'd be called a bigot and homophobe. Yet here the left is celebrating the Pope basically making this exact statement.

I'm trying to understand the celebration here. He was very explicit to call for "Civil Unions" and not marriage. He doesn't support gay marriage. If I said: "I don't support gay marriage, but I believe there should be civil unions defined to allow gays to form legal pairings similar to marriage" I'd be called a bigot and homophobe. Yet here the left is celebrating the Pope basically making this exact statement.

I am a born in the cradle Irish Catholic, and due to some really bad shit that happened consistently over my upbringing I can say without a doubt I benefitted tremendously from the great Nuns and Priests that guided me and uplifted me thru some tough times. I literally had a village raise me. They also know how to provide a first class education.

Because LGBTQ long ago for the most part gave up on religion because they were sinners according to the church, the Pope saying this for them is a win. I would bet most LGBTQ today have zero desire to wed in the Catholic Church.

Frankly, this is a way IMO for the Pope to try to get LGBTQ members back to coming to celebrate Catholic Mass and tithing so the Church can collect more dollars. Just do not ask to be wed in our Church. Pope is trying to have his cake and eat it too. Religious participation has decreased in the world and in the US, and it has really hurt the Church due to 2 things: How the Church responded to the sexual abuse of boys by priests, and what for some Catholics was teachings that was too rigid in the "modern" world. Frankly, I have always felt priests and nuns should be allowed to marry.

I was recruited by the Church heavily to attend the seminary and become a priest, I probably would have if I did not have to take a vow of celibacy, I would have taken that vow seriously and I knew I could not do it. What is crazy is that one of the best Nuns I knew and that taught me first in grade school and then HS, someone who I really respected and was just to me the picture perfect Nun, I found out a few years ago had an affair with a priest. We are all human, and why the Church is so hung up on sex makes no sense to me. Let Nuns and Priests be married, it would make them better in counseling couples. So what if they decide to leave the Church to better support their family? More would be willing to serve the Church. The church should be encouraging marriage for all and families raising kids.

That all said, and not to get in to details I experienced first hand with the Catholic Church, like EVERYONE in the world, the Church is about raising $'s as well. I married a Baptist and we never seemed to decide what Church we would attend. We are both not good at the rituals of religion, but I do believe we are really good with our faith. Wish it was both...but I consider my faith very strong.

Call me nuts, I do believe part of the reason why the Catholic Church does not believe in birth control is so that it can have more Catholics and more dollars flowing in to the Church.

My Senior year at a Catholic HS we were required to take a marriage class and we had someone from the local hospital come and teach us every form of birth control known to man. Not certain if they still do this, but they had been doing this for a long time, many of us chuckled and thought you should have showed up our frosh year. What does that tell you? It tells you IMO in their eyes the lesser sin is birth control, and it prevents the greatest sin of abortion. Several female classmates were put on birth control when they started HS, this was back in the 70's, that is smart parenting if you ask me, especially if the daughter is honest and says I want to be sexually active if I meet the right guy.

Mary's conception of Jesus was called the immaculate conception, not the immaculate birth. The church will never waiver on its position of abortion and the belief that human life is formed at conception. I am a conservative guy by nature, so why not fall on the side of being conservative and not killing a human life? I was also adopted when I was weeks old...Birth control and adoption really needs to be taught and encouraged.

Prediction: Regardless of my personal religious beliefs, ACB will not overturn Roe v Wade. I do believe she will vote to support states to not allow individuals to have abortions after 20-24 weeks, whatever individual states decide. Near birth or late term abortions I believe she will not support, as she should IMO and this will be not over her religious views. She will also not roll back any laws that protect LGBTQ rights, and frankly that is fine with me. I really do not care what people do in the privacy of their homes or the sexual orientation or preferences or religious beliefs. I have hired LGTBQ employees, just do not care about their personal life or what anyone else does in their personal life as long as it does not impact their ability to stay healthy, productive, and out of jail and coming to work each day with a great attitude and treating everyone professionally and doing a great job. When it comes to great employees I am a slut, I do not care about skin color, religious beliefs, etc...All I care about is can you do a great job?

Last edited:
Many estimate that the antichrist is a political figure while the false prophet of Revelation is a religious figure that speaks for the antichrist.

Oh, I'm familiar with the narrative, it just sounded like we have an antichrist on our hands, and I was wondering who ya'll fingered.

Reactions: shortbus and AC2020
I don't know who the anti Christ is yet. He is going to be homosexual/deviant, he will be very persuasive, probably very nice looking, very possibly of Jewish descent, and probably middle eastern.

Once upon a time, I thought it was Barry Switzer; that was last century so I guess it's passe now. 😁

The Pope is the Vicar of Christ on Earth and the successor of Peter. He is the visible head of Christ's One, Holy, Apostolic, Catholic Church. We must respect the office of the Pope who today carries the "Keys to the Kingdom" (Mathew 16:19). This is a grave matter. As Pope Boniface VIII said in 1232:

“…We declare, state and define that it is absolutely necessary for the salvation of all human beings that they submit to the Roman Pontiff [pope].”

That said, the Pope is not infallible. He is only infallible when he makes a statement "Ex Cathedra" (from the chair) when he is prevented by the Holy Spirit from teaching error. Only two times has the Pope made an ex Cathedra statement: in 1854 with the dogma of the Immaculate Conception and in 1950 with the Assumption.

Catholics can rest assured that the gates of hell will not prevail against the Church. (Matthew 16:18). But we have a bad Pope and we have had bad popes in the past. Some have even taught error. They are always corrected in time by the Authentic Magisterium. Whenever a Priest, Bishop or even Pope makes a statement it must be compared to the Authentic Magisterium of the last 2000 years manifested in the 21 ecumenical councils held since Christ's departure to settle doctrinal disputes and contained in the Catechism.

Lastly: Galation 1:8:

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach a gospel to you besides that which we have preached to you, let him be anathema.

Who do you think the antichrist is?

And what next?

We aren't close to the end times or the Anti-Christ because several prophecies given by Catholic Saints haven't happened yet. We may be at the start of the great chastisement. We still haven't seen the consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Once this has been done The Blessed Mother said at Fatima that her Immaculate Heart would triumph and a period of Peace would be given to the world. The Catholic Church would be the only Church left during this period. I assume this will last 75 or 100 years. Then a falling away will again happen and last days will commence.

BTW, people really need to go buy some beeswax candles and have a Priest bless them. Many believe that during the great chastisement we will have 3 days of darkness. No one without Blessed Candles will be able to see a thing.

We aren't close to the end times or the Anti-Christ because several prophecies given by Catholic Saints haven't happened yet. We may be at the start of the great chastisement. We still haven't seen the consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Once this has been done The Blessed Mother said at Fatima that her Immaculate Heart would triumph and a period of Peace would be given to the world. The Catholic Church would be the only Church left during this period. I assume this will last 75 or 100 years. Then a falling away will again happen and last days will commence.

BTW, people really need to go buy some beeswax candles and have a Priest bless them. Many believe that during the great chastisement we will have 3 days of darkness. No one without Blessed Candles will be able to see a thing.
I’ll keep my phone charged.

Oh, I'm familiar with the narrative, it just sounded like we have an antichrist on our hands, and I was wondering who ya'll fingered.

Since I believe the Anti-Christ is at least a century off. You may be more interested in who may play a key role in the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Catholic Saints for centuries have said that in the last days a Holy Pope and a Holy Monarch will restore all things in Christ before the end comes. I don't have any idea who the Holy Pope will be (not this one), but we do know a very likely candidate for the Holy Monarch will be based upon many Centuries of prophetic statements from the Saints. Meet him here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Alphonse_de_Bourbon

Since I believe the Anti-Christ is at least a century off. You may be more interested in who may play a key role in the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Catholic Saints for centuries have said that in the last days a Holy Pope and a Holy Monarch will restore all things in Christ before the end comes. I don't have any idea who the Holy Pope will be (not this one), but we do know a very likely candidate for the Holy Monarch will be based upon many Centuries of prophetic statements from the Saints. Meet him here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Alphonse_de_Bourbon

How does Matt 24:34 weigh into all this?

The entire chapter of Matthew 24 is talking about the signs immediately preceding Jesus returning to earth for his people. This includes wars and rumors of wars, the increasing storms including earthquakes, volcanoes and tornadoes, persecution of his people. The anti christ will be one of the signers of Israeli-middle east peace treaty, which wii be the beginning of the 7 years of tribulation.

Not sure what, if any, that current political state of Israel will do with the end times. If you are looking for the Israel of the Bible, that would be The Catholic Church.
Haha haha. Your last comment is insane....just like you

What scripture backs this statement up? Are you saying all Catholics are of Jewish descent?

No of course not. Just that some Protestants believe the modern day Ersatz Political state of Israel has something to do with the Bible and end times. It does not. All the promises God made in the Old Testament are fulfilled in the Catholic Church.

Please remember that message boards are for adults who like to discuss and debate things. It's not a schoolyard for insults and taunts. When you say things you wouldn't DARE say to me face to face, it just makes you look like a fool.
What’s your Uber handle? Lift? Can’t remember

So what kind of peace treaty would need to be signed between the Vatican and the middle east?

On the other hand there is a peace treaty between Israel and different countries in the Middle East that could very well morph into most of not all

Nobody has an uber or lyft "handle" dumbass
You wouldn’t call me or anyone dumbass face to face, so why are you trying to act tough on the Internet? You get pissed off because I call you insane over a bs comment, yet you call me dumbass. Take you weak ass elsewhere. No one is scared of you

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT