ADVERTISEMENT

The Expanse

I never read the books, and I couldn't follow the TV show very well and lost interest in it really fast. I may pick it back up at some point or pickup the books instead.

I never read the books, and I couldn't follow the TV show very well and lost interest in it really fast. I may pick it back up at some point or pickup the books instead.

If you like to read, I strongly recommend the books. Easy to get sucked in. Not the kind of books you have to force yourself to finish.

Reactions: JonnyVito
Cool.

Now when’s the next book come out?

I need pistachio crunching, “last man standing” reassurances and Martian with a Texas accent that pushes 10G after breakfast.

Cool.

I need pistachio crunching, “last man standing” reassurances and Martian with a Texas accent that pushes 10G after breakfast.
Supposed to come out December 4 of this year

Cool.

Did you read the newest one? Only been out 2-3 months. Too lazy to look up the release date. 30 year time jump between that one and the prior one. Pretty good read.

Maybe it was 20.. I think it was 30 though. I was surprised by the big time jump also, but they made it work.

Also, if you are watching the show, currently....

Drummer (the female OPA leader, who is currently captaining the Behemoth on the show) is a major character in the newest book.

I think it is pretty cool seeing characters that seem to be pretty minor on the show (like Clarissa Mao), and know that they are going to develop into major characters if the show lasts long enough.

I’m sure they did.

They’re very good.

My favorite character will be 90-something all the sudden.

I’m not sure I want to know what Amos is like at 60!

Reactions: Been Jammin
I am still a few books back from the new one. Think I have two left to read but will have to check. I love that they drop a new book about once a year.

Also, if you are watching the show, currently....

Drummer (the female OPA leader, who is currently captaining the Behemoth on the show) is a major character in the newest book.

I think it is pretty cool seeing characters that seem to be pretty minor on the show (like Clarissa Mao), and know that they are going to develop into major characters if the show lasts long enough.
So I just binged the 3 seasons. I'd read the first book and I think this show was better than the book.

And Cara Gee who played Camina Drummer really stole the show in season 3. I loved her character and how she portrayed it. Really great acting. And her accent didn't seem as faked as the others even though it obviously is. She's even hotter knowing that she's obviously in love with Naomi. Hell, she even looked good in a robotic exoskeleton.

One of the best made sci fi shows in a long time.

I really need to take the time to watch season three. I love the show and really have enjoyed the books. This kid just takes all my time and now it seems like I only watch Dinosaur Train. Not that it is a bad show either.

Reactions: Winston Havelock
I really need to take the time to watch season three. I love the show and really have enjoyed the books. This kid just takes all my time and now it seems like I only watch Dinosaur Train. Not that it is a bad show either.
It did get a bit sideways about half way through season 3 but they brought it back around really well.

It did get a bit sideways about half way through season 3 but they brought it back around really well.
Did you binge it on prime? I have been waiting on it to release there so I can burn through them

@JonnyVito
Not sure if you know already but there is a new book in the Expanse series (as of 2 wks ago). I'm about 1/2 way through, and enjoying it.

@JonnyVito
Not sure if you know already but there is a new book in the Expanse series (as of 2 wks ago). I'm about 1/2 way through, and enjoying it.
Man I was knocking these out then we had our first kid about a year ago and life has just been crazy. I haven't got to read a book in a year other then my Bible. I saw this one came out and am still a couple behind. Hopefully life slows down a little and I can get back to reading a little again. I am still trying to find time to watch last season of the show.

Man I was knocking these out then we had our first kid about a year ago and life has just been crazy. I haven't got to read a book in a year other then my Bible. I saw this one came out and am still a couple behind. Hopefully life slows down a little and I can get back to reading a little again. I am still trying to find time to watch last season of the show.

Season 3 is on Amazon now. It is really good.

Just started this weekend and am half-way through. It's certainly different than the previous books. Not sure how I feel about it so far.

I will be interested to hear your thoughts when you have finished.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT