ADVERTISEMENT

Pheasant Hunting

OK State Fan

2nd Team
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
I am thinking of taking my boys (15 and 18) pheasant hunting. We have never hunted pheasant. Usually, we hunt waterfowl. I am looking for any recommendations for a good service. We would rather stay in OK since we already have license and such for here.
This post was edited on 10/12 9:15 PM by OK State Fan

Unless you want to go to a commercial farm that releases farm raised for you to hunt good luck! Just got back from hanging stands at the in laws out by Turpin and we usually see tons of birds and we did not see hardly any this time. There is a guy about 5 miles from the in laws house that does the farm bird release thing but he is pretty expensive and its not really hunting at all more like skeet shooting! Usually lots of texans that come up and hunt with him.

oops double post. that hurts my minimal post efforts.
This post was edited on 10/13 8:41 PM by OK State Fan

There are more birds than most on here are led to believe so go find an outfitter and have fun. Also, I am someone who has excellent pheasant (sorry, not commercial) however, I have hunted over pen raised birds in SD many times, and overall, there is no difference (unlike quail).

OSF, There are pockets of better numbers, depending on where the rain fell. Carryover from last year was generally was good in NE and SD, I heard, but they have had problems with drought and had a lot of late hatches.
Your best bet is to do a little research and call some places. KS was hit pretty hard overall I think. Good luck and let us know what you find out, please!

I wouldn't suggest heading to the Panhandle. It was dry as a bone out here and hatch was very poor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT