ADVERTISEMENT

Hunting leases

poke2001

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I did not grow up hunting, but over the past couple of years have become friends with someone (and his kids) that is big in hunting. Last year he took my son (soon to be 16) hunting quite a bit and me as well. We were on some land he was able to hunt on through friends. That has dried up…

Last weekend, we went to Salt Plains for a hunt he drew for (and my friend and his daughter). This is becoming something he truly enjoys and I enjoy spending the time with him.

So…I’m interested in finding a hunting lease of some kind but have no idea where to start. I’ve joined some FB groups but that isn’t helpful (maybe too late this season to worry about it).

Any recommendations to chase this?

I did not grow up hunting, but over the past couple of years have become friends with someone (and his kids) that is big in hunting. Last year he took my son (soon to be 16) hunting quite a bit and me as well. We were on some land he was able to hunt on through friends. That has dried up…

Last weekend, we went to Salt Plains for a hunt he drew for (and my friend and his daughter). This is becoming something he truly enjoys and I enjoy spending the time with him.

So…I’m interested in finding a hunting lease of some kind but have no idea where to start. I’ve joined some FB groups but that isn’t helpful (maybe too late this season to worry about it).

Any recommendations to chase this?
What area are you in and I can keep my ear open for you.

What area are you in and I can keep my ear open for you.
I live in OKC area (Mustang). We get to hunt a bit over in eastern Oklahoma (Stigler) and my buddy has a small lease near Ft Cobb. Not opposed to traveling a bit (2 hour radius around OKC).

Reactions: SquatchinPoke
I live in OKC area (Mustang). We get to hunt a bit over in eastern Oklahoma (Stigler) and my buddy has a small lease near Ft Cobb. Not opposed to traveling a bit (2 hour radius around OKC).
Cool I might actually hear about something in this area. I will ask around and if I hear of anything let you know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT