ADVERTISEMENT

OSB hunting club/lease co-op

Jeff J.

Jul 6, 2003
Once a long time ago, there was some discussion along those lines. Would any forum members be interested in forming a OSB hunting club (or more simply put, go in on a large lease together).

I don't have any place in specific in mind, or any details really. More just gauging interest. Lots of us are always looking for somewhere new to hunt, a bigger place, better place, etc. Numbers help there, unless you're just loaded.

Originally posted by chasepollard:
It would be a pretty rad deer camp!
So you're in? Get to looking for a big one down your way, ok?

I would definitely be interested, obviously depending on location.

Give me some parameters...I might be able to do some good?
Well, it will depend entirely on how many people are interested and how much they're willing to spend. That's an unknown at this point, obviously.

I'd say if you come across any possible lease at 1,000 acres+, let me know!

Originally posted by pokem:

I would definitely be interested, obviously depending on location.
pokem - I tried emailing you the other day, but never heard back. Probably an old address. Anyway, shoot me an email - jeff@ostate.com

Yeah man, get me a head count and I will see what I can come up with. I know of a few possibilities, from Love County to the Coalgate area.

There is also a nice gig on the north side of the arbuckles that is a land of the giants…its a large tract and I think holds ten hunters at 1500 per

Yeah man, get me a head count and I will see what I can come up with. I know of a few possibilities, from Love County to the Coalgate area.

There is also a nice gig on the north side of the arbuckles that is a land of the giants…its a large tract and I think holds ten hunters at 1500 per
I think we can get 10 at 1500 per pretty easily, as I have a couple of guys interested that don't regularly post here...if that's available now, email me details.

email sent.... I sent you my work email as well... sorry for delay in reply on dis

I just texted a guy to see if that one will be available...he said he will let me know. I'll check on some others.

I may be interested as well, if close enough to home. Those big quality parcels don't come up very often but I'd love to be part of a long term management type lease.... especially if I could hunt from home (southern Oklahoma)- i.e something along the Red river, Arbuckles, Tishimingo area, etc. I might have my coach son also want to be on it. He wouldn't hunt very often as most weekends during the season he's going to be tied up with football. Please keep me in the loop if possible.

Great idea if we can put the right group together on the right piece of property. I've even thought of the possiblity of the right group going in together to buy a nice place. That, obviously, is more complicated and a bit more costly, but the rewards could be high and it's an investment.

Tcp (Tim)
(rockingkcranch@yahoo.com)

You might be if you don't wear your blaze orange...
3dgrin.r191677.gif

TCP, I am not totally sure...but I was told about 15 miles west, and a short distance south.

I have texted the guy some, but I haven't heard anything back yet on availability. Sent another OSU guy a text, and he hasn't texted back yet...but he will after he's done guiding.

I would like to check on one in Love County, but that one will be tough to get ahold of. There is another one that hasn't been touched in decades, but it isn't much land...like 450acres.

Great idea, but my hunting budget and time are already maxed out.

Selling 8 spots on 5000 acres in Brackettville Texas for 2014-2015... 6K per gun plus feed.. The lease adjoining us is 8k per BOW plus feed and + $100 per inch under 160 class. The Lease adjoining us is NOT high fenced and 3 miles of open fencing.. The ranch has been hunted by Jeff, Gunter Brewer, Joe Wickline, Larry Fedora, Jeremy Offutt, Alton Weaver, Craig Clemons and many others from oSu...

okstate, is lease all low fence? what is camp grounds like? RV hook-ups or cabins? you got gutten shed walk-in cooler? is it year round for varmint hunts? how many guns on lease (what is your maximum)?

Just looking for a little more info.

thanks for posting and thanks in advance

Originally posted by pokem:

okstate, is lease all low fence? what is camp grounds like? RV hook-ups or cabins? you got gutten shed walk-in cooler? is it year round for varmint hunts? how many guns on lease (what is your maximum)?

Just looking for a little more info.

thanks for posting and thanks in advance
I'll answer all of the q's that I know and/or feel comfortable answering.

All low fence except one section of the far north end of the place, where a neighbor has high.

Camp is drilling rig cabins built into/around an existing shed structure. It's a pretty slick setup. Not a 5-star hunting lodge type, but never intended that way. It's minimalist, but highly functional.

Gutting/skinning stand, but no walk-in cooler. I know that's been on 28's wish list for a while.

I would think it'd be year-round, but that and # of guns are answers you'll have to wait for from him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT