ADVERTISEMENT

On Antisemitism, Trump and Israel

Joe and Mika

Steve Schmidt (this guy is so bad he stands alone as a prominent talking head on tv)

Lawrence O’Donnell

Chris Matthews

Stephanie rhule and Ali vilesh

Diane sawyer crying on election night

The view is a liberal hate club on during the day of a major network, its been on for 20 years.

There is no Fox News equivalent to all that. Hannity and tucker. Fox and friends isn’t divisive. The five isn’t divisive. Slanted but not hate filled.

Shep Smith is so anti trump he probably has to decompress at the spa after every show.

There is no equivalent on cnn or msnbc to that. An entire hour or two a day hosted by someone completely against the agenda of the brand.

No shit, I’m Not trying to goad you I just have no clue how you can add all that up and come to the conclusion you are currently arguing.

362.gif

I did not exaggerate npr. They are left wing nuts who race bait at cnn msnbc levels.

You did too.

“Npr constantly talks about race. I mean all the freaking time.”

No they don’t. I know that to be true because I listen to NPR.

Unless by “constantly” and “all the freaking time” you meant “not constantly or all the time, but more than You would prefer”.....but that would be an exaggeration, no?

Maybe part of the problem causing the divide in the electorate is claims that anyone that disagrees with you on these big issues is a nut.

Maybe.

Reactions: Been Jammin
There’s a post up there with several data points. And it’s just a small sample.

No, media saturation or the lack thereof is a single data point to the bigger question being discussed of responsibility for the divide in America.

One of them is a Ghost of XMas past issue. The other is a Ghost of XMas Present and Ghost of XMas Future issue.

"A man shouting “Heil Hitler, Heil Trump” during a performance of “Fiddler on the Roof” in Baltimore smelled of alcohol and told police he was motivated by his hatred of President Donald Trump."

Heil Trump...hates trump. Lol mmmkay
Doesn't fit TDS. Use "Lol" to discredit. The go to when you can't make a cogent counter point.

You think you are clever. When you can't even debate without using Pee Wee Herman logic.LOL, LOL, LOL!

There is a lot to unpack in that article. I could look at it from many points of view, as the situation is very complex and there are quite a few topics discussed.

At first blush, I don't find the general point of the article to be at all surprising.

As NZ has pointed out, and as I have discussed, on multiple occasions, Israel is a very nationalistic country, but they really have no choice. They have built a wall along their border. They have an extremely secure border. They are very vigilant when it comes to the threat of terrorism within their country. Everywhere you go, you see armed soldiers. Soldiers take their automatic weapons with them when they are grocery shopping, or when they go to see a movie.

With those things noted, I don't find it to be at all unexpected that Republicans are on board with the Israeli government. They (you) see Israel as the model for what they (you) want for the U.S. Build a wall! Keep the brown skinned people out! Everyone should be armed to make the country safer!

Conversely, many liberals empathize with the Palestinians, who suffer in poverty, and have no country to call their own. Israel won't let them in, and no neighboring countries want them either. The fact is that other countries are willing to take them, and Israel has offered them portions of Israel, but the militant Palestinians won't accept any of these options, unless their new land includes a portion of (many say "all") of Jerusalem. The Palestinians are good at playing the victim, but many of them are tired of this struggle, and would be happy to work with Israel in a peaceful manner. But, that is a different discussion.

With all that said, there are two different issues being touched upon ITT. One is discussion about the U.S. government's support for strategy that makes the Israel government more secure (an area where Trump is much stronger (the antithesis) of Obama. The other is about the current state of Antisemitism in the U.S. They are two very different topics/concerns, and can not be conflated into just one big issues.

I can recognize that Trump is good for Israel, while being very concerned about rising Antisemitism within U.S. borders. It seems like there is a weekly story involving antisemitic hate crime, or arrest of someone pushing antisemitic narrative. That is why I have been sharing such stories ITT.

You guys are fond of distancing your side from the individuals who are being revealed/revealing themselves as obsessed with antisemitism. "No one wants to be affiliated with those loonies". "that guy had mental illness, and can't be lumped into any political affiliation". "that investigation started 3 years ago when Obama was POTUS". "He said he hated Trump".

However, the fact is antisemitism is on the rise. White Supremacist groups, and the Alt-right are more active and more out in the open than they were 5 years ago. For me, and for many other Jews that I know, this is a scary thing. Personally, I believe that Trump is the main reason for this change. I have explained my reasons a few times on this board. I know that many of you disagree, but there is no point in arguing. You are not going to change my mind.

Do I think there is going to be another Holocaust or a race war in this country? No, I do not. But, I worry that good people will become desensitized to antisemitism/hate crimes directed at other minorities, just as our population is becoming desensitized to school/mass shootings.

There is a lot to unpack in that article. I could look at it from many points of view, as the situation is very complex and there are quite a few topics discussed.

At first blush, I don't find the general point of the article to be at all surprising.

As NZ has pointed out, and as I have discussed, on multiple occasions, Israel is a very nationalistic country, but they really have no choice. They have built a wall along their border. They have an extremely secure border. They are very vigilant when it comes to the threat of terrorism within their country. Everywhere you go, you see armed soldiers. Soldiers take their automatic weapons with them when they are grocery shopping, or when they go to see a movie.

With those things noted, I don't find it to be at all unexpected that Republicans are on board with the Israeli government. They (you) see Israel as the model for what they (you) want for the U.S. Build a wall! Keep the brown skinned people out! Everyone should be armed to make the country safer!

Conversely, many liberals empathize with the Palestinians, who suffer in poverty, and have no country to call their own. Israel won't let them in, and no neighboring countries want them either. The fact is that other countries are willing to take them, and Israel has offered them portions of Israel, but the militant Palestinians won't accept any of these options, unless their new land includes a portion of (many say "all") of Jerusalem. The Palestinians are good at playing the victim, but many of them are tired of this struggle, and would be happy to work with Israel in a peaceful manner. But, that is a different discussion.

With all that said, there are two different issues being touched upon ITT. One is discussion about the U.S. government's support for strategy that makes the Israel government more secure (an area where Trump is much stronger (the antithesis) of Obama. The other is about the current state of Antisemitism in the U.S. They are two very different topics/concerns, and can not be conflated into just one big issues.

I can recognize that Trump is good for Israel, while being very concerned about rising Antisemitism within U.S. borders. It seems like there is a weekly story involving antisemitic hate crime, or arrest of someone pushing antisemitic narrative. That is why I have been sharing such stories ITT.

You guys are fond of distancing your side from the individuals who are being revealed/revealing themselves as obsessed with antisemitism. "No one wants to be affiliated with those loonies". "that guy had mental illness, and can't be lumped into any political affiliation". "that investigation started 3 years ago when Obama was POTUS". "He said he hated Trump".

However, the fact is antisemitism is on the rise. White Supremacist groups, and the Alt-right are more active and more out in the open than they were 5 years ago. For me, and for many other Jews that I know, this is a scary thing. Personally, I believe that Trump is the main reason for this change. I have explained my reasons a few times on this board. I know that many of you disagree, but there is no point in arguing. You are not going to change my mind.

Do I think there is going to be another Holocaust or a race war in this country? No, I do not. But, I worry that good people will become desensitized to antisemitism/hate crimes directed at other minorities, just as our population is becoming desensitized to school/mass shootings.

“Keep the brown skinned people out”

This is where you lose any amount of intellectual high ground.

90% of the build the wall crowd would flip on Canada if they had tens of thousands of murders on the border and corruption at all levels of government. I can’t understand why you don’t know that. It’s pathetic that you’ve been trained to think that skin color is what separates Mexico and Canada and not the actions of the people.

How are we going to get desensitized to something that has existed for thousands of years? When was the golden age of non anti Semitism?

“Keep the brown skinned people out”

This is where you lose any amount of intellectual high ground.

90% of the build the wall crowd would flip on Canada if they had tens of thousands of murders on the border and corruption at all levels of government. I can’t understand why you don’t know that. It’s pathetic that you’ve been trained to think that skin color is what separates Mexico and Canada and not the actions of the people.

Another BS narrative...immigrants statistically less violent than natives

Another BS narrative...immigrants statistically less violent than natives

I’m sorry I’m going to need you to not use the term immigrants in this discussion. I’m only discussing illegals. I know you’ve been trained not to seperate the two, but I don’t fall for that.

How much meth comes over the Canadian border versus Mexico? How many murders in Mexico versus Canada?

You won’t answer either of those but hopefully medic will.

It’s not skin color. It’s culture.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT