ADVERTISEMENT

Ol' Clarence Thomas has raked in it, hasn't he?

Thomas previously told Bloomberg that it was OK for him to accept gifts from Harlan Crow because the GOP mega-donor did not have "business before the court."

But the 2004 appeal ties the Crow family name to a case that did come before the Supreme Court: In January 2005, the court denied the appeal petition, a $25 million copyright claim brought by an architecture firm against Trammell Crow Residential Co., a development company that's part of the real estate empire built by Crow's father. The Supreme Court's decision ultimately benefitted Trammell Crow Residential.

carry on

Dodge on, pedoscott.

goalposts-moving.gif

• Love
Reactions: Marocain Poke
Harlan is a long time AEI board member. AEI has published numerous amicus briefs on matters before the SCOTUS.

Reactions: davidallen
In a liberal's mind, the only politicians that can be corrupt are Republicans/Conservatives. Even though there is video evidence of Brandon shaking down the Ukraine, Hunter's charades and Hillary's lap top to name a few.

It's all about the end game for liberals and they don't car how unethical, unintelligent or immoral they look to get there. They have the media on their side who think the same way.
Only? Nah. Mostly, yeah pretty much.

Can you admit that Thomas is on the line if not over the line of ethical conduct for a Justice of the Supreme Court?

Dumbass has no clue how certiorari at the SCOTUS works. If SCOTUS denies your appeal, it’s because not even 4 of the nine justices voted to hear the case. Even if Thomas had recused himself from “not voting” for the writ (see the logical contortions there, counselor?), it still would have been denied.

Also, if you’d read the entire article, you’d have learned that Harlan Crow was essentially uninvolved with the entity that was party to the case.
So yore saying the easy and honorable thing would have been for Thomas to recuse himself?

Can you admit that Thomas is on the line if not over the line of ethical conduct for a Justice of the Supreme Court?

Oh -- Scalia was the worst. He actually died on a swanky vacay from right wingers as I recall. He was also wined and dined by the firearms lobby and produced for them.

Oh -- Scalia was the worst. He actually died on a swanky vacay from right wingers as I recall. He was also wined and dined by the firearms lobby and produced for them.
The "left-wingers killed Scalia" thing is so funny. He was at some right-wingers hunting lodge when his apnea caught up with him...

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
It’s a writ application. There was no need to recuse, unless he planned to vote in favor of it.
LOL Kip is helping re-write judicial ethics.

Unfortunately, judicial codes of conduct in about all 50 states create rules so the public doesn't have to dissect every decision and financial investment of a judge. The conservative supreme court simply doesn't want to have those restrictions like other judges have had for decades.

Wonder why?

LOL Kip is helping re-write judicial ethics.

Unfortunately, judicial codes of conduct in about all 50 states create rules so the public doesn't have to dissect every decision and financial investment of a judge. The conservative supreme court simply doesn't want to have those restrictions like other judges have had for decades.

Wonder why?

Nope. You haven’t cited an ethical violation.

If he did something wrong, kick him off. Personally I see this thread as another tit for tat hand-wringing nothing burger.

This is a stretch. By definition, “amicus curiae “ means that the person (natural or juridical) is not a party. Ie. has no business before the court.

It’s a writ application. There was no need to recuse, unless he planned to vote in favor of it. There’s nothing to recuse from.
LOL I'm used to Kip's expansive knowledge of climate science, foreign diplomacy, war, gender, economics, corporate finance, poltics, but had no idea he had such insight to appellate law and judicial ethics. We gotta get this guy elected to higher office.

I forgot -- Kip's also an expert at kung fu.

• Haha
Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
LOL I'm used to Kip's expansive knowledge of climate science, foreign diplomacy, war, gender, economics, corporate finance, poltics, but had no idea he had such insight to appellate law and judicial ethics. We gotta get this guy elected to higher office.

I forgot -- Kip's also an expert at kung fu.
Dodge on, centskatwat.

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
Hilarious to see the lengths and depths the Democrat/Media complex are resorting to in order to detract from the deep corruption related to Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, and their own.
I think you may be giving them too much credit. I think Thomas has simply had them by their “Coke can pubic hairs” since 1991, and the overturning of Roe was a triggering event. For some strange reason, killing unborn babies is their most holy sacrament, and now it’s largely illegal in many states.

They're ovulating. Their planets are in alignment. Bet joe could walk upright today without holding on to a handrail or secret service holding him upright.

If he did something wrong, kick him off. Personally I see this thread as another tit for tat hand-wringing nothing burger.
Yes or no? Has Thomas stepped up to or crossed the ethical line based on what you know at this moment?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT