ADVERTISEMENT

OK. all-state match?

driad

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2009
Could one of you folks tell me when the all state wrestling for Oklahoma large schools is & where it's at? Thanks!

Thanks oberebo, when you get a minute could you list the OSU recruits in the large school match?

I will take a blind stab at it, brock, smith, Moran, dierenger and Lewallen.
Dierenger is not listed on the All State wrestling roster.Thomas Shepard from Shawn is the 182 pound large east choice and will wrestle Colton Jump from Lawton Mac.See the thread about 7 threads down about the All State matches and the full lineup is shown. I am pretty sure that Dierenger is not on the All State team due to not taking more than two wrestlers from the same school.

Last edited:
Today's Tulsa World says the matches will be at Sapulpa High School. Girl's basketball is happening at the Mabee Center.

Dierenger is not listed on the All State wrestling roster.Thomas Shepard from Shawn is the 182 pound large east choice and will wrestle Colton Jump from Lawton Mac.See the thread about 7 threads down about the All State matches and the full lineup is shown. I am pretty sure that Dierenger is not on the All State team due to not taking more than two wrestlers from the same school.
That seems like a goofy rule, best wrestlers should make all-state. OSSAA never has been logical though.

Today's Tulsa World says the matches will be at Sapulpa High School. Girl's basketball is happening at the Mabee Center.
Cachap, you are indeed correct but it is a change from when it was first announced. Glad you caught that as Mr. Earl and I along with a couple of others would have been at the Mabee center. Driad it isa crazy rule but if you read my post on the matches you can see in the rules where the wrestlers have a 12 pound allowance. I know it is off season but some of the wrestlers will be huge compared to the listed weight. five pounds seems a more reasonable weight allowance. I am going but I believe that these matches while, an honor for the wrestler usually turn out to be very disappointing to the fan. I go every year but it is one of my least favorite wrestling events and I have never come away from one going, "wow that was great".

I had to chuckle when I was double checking this story with google and I saw a heading stating that the All state matches would be at 7pm on 7/29 at the Mabee Center on the ORU campus. I quickly clicked on this so I could refute what Cachap was saying and found that it was my quote from this board. I am now an expert on all things regarding these matches.

Reactions: driad
Tulsa World has a list of the wrestlers in today's paper,starts at 7. If they go small schools at 7, large schools won't go til 9;30? Wonder if the 170 pounder for Norman North has been training, this kid has a tough one ahead of him.

Tulsa World has a list of the wrestlers in today's paper,starts at 7. If they go small schools at 7, large schools won't go til 9;30? Wonder if the 170 pounder for Norman North has been training, this kid has a tough one ahead of him.
Hansen just wrestled this past weekend in Fargo. They have faced each other a few times, crazy to think that Smith will be 182. I see no Moran either. The only matches I see being truly interesting are 160 and 285.

Hansen just wrestled this past weekend in Fargo. They have faced each other a few times, crazy to think that Smith will be 182. I see no Moran either. The only matches I see being truly interesting are 160 and 285.
They will wrestle on two mats and all classes will start at the same time so it should e over by 9-9:30am. Hansen has not yet been within a tech fall of Joe. I still think Joe will be no more than a 157 pounder in college. Moran would have also fallen victim to the no more than two rule. April I agree with your quote about no more than two interesting matches and this is about par for the course.

I wonder if Hansen is still too injured to wrestle this week. The description of his injury in the Fargo thread made me think he actually died on the mat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT