ADVERTISEMENT

Next years squad

I have seen nothing out of Thompson this year to show me he may even be an All American at some point let alone "be a badass"

Zombieorpheus Detecting GIF by zoefannet

I'm not sure that we need short statured wrestlers. We have a couple on this year's team who have trouble completing takedowns against lanky opponents. Stalemates are the result with no points.

I know how tall he is . When he comes in and is beating the guys at HWT in the room good luck getting him to cut 48lbs for 4 years
Touché. I would counter that with if he wants to wrestle with his brother when he goes to college (who seems more like a HWT) he might be more inclined to cut down.

Touché. I would counter that with if he wants to wrestle with his brother when he goes to college (who seems more like a HWT) he might be more inclined to cut down.
Well they currently wrestle for different high schools that are 5 hours apart

Reactions: bwel9339
Well they currently wrestle for different high schools that are 5 hours apart
Ya I know. Would still think the thought at college together is fair. Didn’t say it was guaranteed or if I knew that’s what they wanted.

I’m hopeful, his brother looks solid.

Reactions: west2east
Maybe but 48lbs is 48lbs

Haha! Very true. He will need to be careful as his body type does seem one that can blow up quickly.

He is a very committed and serious kid so if it’s the plan and one that is attainable, I don’t think he will have much problem making it happen.

Reactions: AtownPoke
How come people are wanting Thompson to redshirt next year? I suspect he's going to be a bad ass soon.
Only because ideally I'd want every wrestler to redshirt and get bigger and stronger. Especially with all these super old wrestlers still around. Thompson is a stud.

Reactions: bwel9339
I'm continually looking like a bad guy here but I'll disagree on the "doing well". Any wrestler in the OSU line up that is on a trajectory to go 0-2 at NCAAs cant be overlooked. Mulvaney is someone that could definitely have a high ceiling but he's an Askren guy. For those of you that dont know, getting one of his guys would be like pulling teeth. Ben hates OSU.
Sorry but Why do we care what Askren thinks? He’s a guy that has a bias and works to create opportunities for chaos discussion. Otherwise he would be irrelevant….

Sorry but Why do we care what Askren thinks? He’s a guy that has a bias and works to create opportunities for chaos discussion. Otherwise he would be irrelevant….
He 100% hates OSU. every time on flo they bring up OSU, he changes the subject or takes a jabs at us. He’s just sore from being on the wrong end of Pendleton’s beatings for year.

He 100% hates OSU. every time on flo they bring up OSU, he changes the subject or takes a jabs at us. He’s just sore from being on the wrong end of Pendleton’s beatings for year.
Ben is not a big weight cutting guy . He doesn't have his club kids cut much. I believe his dislike stems from Oklahoma st being a team that is known for cutting guys. Merrill will be asked to drop 48 lbs and keep it off for years

Reactions: vhsalum
Ben joining Flo is the reason I stopped listening to FRL. Constantly interrupting, can’t stay on a topic, loves to air his grievances and be the center of attention. Great personality for leading camps but can’t seem to dial it down when appropriate.

@osu2082 @blair2000 or anyone else in the know… what’s the plan for the RTC? Who are we trying to get in the room? I know keeping Daton will be a priority but who else. Are we to the point where we can competitively pay elite guys like PSU? Could we get someone like Deiringer back even though his run is about done? Seems like we need some heavies that turn heads like Snyder and Taylor at PSU. I know we can’t replicate that put us there a plan?

It matters if we wanted to recruit one of his elite guys. Hes VERY involved with any of his guy's recruiting process and would absolutely steer anyone away from OSU which is absolute chicken sh/t!

@osu2082 @blair2000 or anyone else in the know… what’s the plan for the RTC? Who are we trying to get in the room? I know keeping Daton will be a priority but who else. Are we to the point where we can competitively pay elite guys like PSU? Could we get someone like Deiringer back even though his run is about done? Seems like we need some heavies that turn heads like Snyder and Taylor at PSU. I know we can’t replicate that put us there a plan?
It needs to be said...... Im a Ringer fan and would love to have him back around but we need to get outside the OSU bubble. We focus to much on bringing in ex OSU guys or someone like gas tank who wrestled for an ex OSU wrestler. How about we go after a psu wrestler? Bring in a new perspective or pass on some newer ways of training? Is that just to damn taboo? How about a Tyler Berger or Kemmerer or Labriola? Especially with how much work BT needs?

It needs to be said...... Im a Ringer fan and would love to have him back around but we need to get outside the OSU bubble. We focus to much on bringing in ex OSU guys or someone like gas tank who wrestled for an ex OSU wrestler. How about we go after a psu wrestler? Bring in a new perspective or pass on some newer ways of training? Is that just to damn taboo? How about a Tyler Berger or Kemmerer or Labriola? Especially with how much work BT needs?
I’m all about it. There are just only so many top level guys and he’s one.

Reactions: OAMC99
Getting the right person that can convey their thoughts and values is essential. Just being able to get it done on the mat is not enough. There are reasons to have interviews. If done right that tells you what you need. Obviously getting someone who has technique helps and I agree someone out of the PSU program would be good to have in the mix. To think that we do not know how to do the things they do at PSU is probably not true. I recall when Mocco transferred to OSU he said the practices were identical. Iowa did not work harder and the differences were at most minor. Not sure what to attribute our recent success to, but I think we have to give Coleman some kudos. He is an awesome communicator.

100%

A different perspective would be nice. I would love JO coming back though

Reactions: OAMC99 and bwel9339

The CWC has grown quite a bit over the last year and fundraising has been strong. We went after a few big names but just couldn’t land them. That will continue.

Fix will be a big name we obviously try (and should) keep here but currently we have Dean Heil, Noel Torres, Gary Traub and Jacarra Winchester in the fold.

Getting Eric Guerrero back was also a nice win.

Ben is not a big weight cutting guy . He doesn't have his club kids cut much. I believe his dislike stems from Oklahoma st being a team that is known for cutting guys. Merrill will be asked to drop 48 lbs and keep it off for years
In watching Merrill wrestle HWT I think he will be much healthier at 197 then 245. Also he will have much greater success at 197. He beats the best in the Country at 215 with ease and at 215 he looks a little soft. Name a Hwt that is 5:9 and fat that has been very successful. Also we have a young HWT Christian Carroll who I would think beats Merrill at HWT.

In watching Merrill wrestle HWT I think he will be much healthier at 197 then 245. Also he will have much greater success at 197. He beats the best in the Country at 215 with ease and at 215 he looks a little soft. Name a Hwt that is 5:9 and fat that has been very successful. Also we have a young HWT Christian Carroll who I would think beats Merrill at HWT.
We can agree to disagree I don't see Carroll beating Merrill. But that's just my opinion. I believe Doucet will beat Carroll next year as well

He is a true freshman wrestling at 184 pounds. Hell we did not even throw Clayton Foster into that mess as a freshman. He will AA.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
I've never understood why there is allways so much more interest in next year's team than this year's team on this board?
I asked the question because this years team is not winning the National Championship, I was hoping next years team could........ Some people know about this better than I do- that's probably hard to believe.

• Haha
Reactions: osu2082 and JAY45
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT