ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA PORTAL

Correct me if I am wrong, but Alirez has goals of making the National team and wrestling for World Championships, correct? Being coached by DT and being a part of the RTC and its new additions (if the rumors are true) would definitely help him achieve those goals. Hopefully he chooses Ok State. What weight does he wrestle next year 141 or does he bump to 149?
Is he too small to go 157?

Would he be able to get a medical redshirt for missing out on 2021? Or was the the year everyone got an extra year for COVID?

Correct me if I am wrong, but Alirez has goals of making the National team and wrestling for World Championships, correct? Being coached by DT and being a part of the RTC and its new additions (if the rumors are true) would definitely help him achieve those goals. Hopefully he chooses Ok State. What weight does he wrestle next year 141 or does he bump to 149?
Hopefully he stays at 141. But Jamieson is really good too, unfortunate he didn't AA. Williams hopefully learns a thing or two about wrestling on the top and bottom. Has high potential.

The rumor is he wants 149 but that’s mostly message board talk haha

Reactions: TheJimReaper
I would assume he stays at Minnesota since he’s already always there. Hendrickson said he was there training while he was on his visit.
I don’t understand how he still has a year left? I get that it’s a covid year but it’ll have been like 2 seasons since he last wrestled. Do COVID years never expire?

Reactions: tom_v31
I feel like Williams could make a huge jump under DT.
I would love to see JW incorporate the Assassin to his riding skills. He seems athletic enough to pull that off. JW could be amazing due to his speed, strength, and length.
I think we are set to see a massive jump by multiple guys. The days of getting up a point and then shutting it down while trying not to get called for stalling, are over. Attack, attack, attack

I would love to see JW incorporate the Assassin to his riding skills. He seems athletic enough to pull that off. JW could be amazing due to his speed, strength, and length.
Strength is where he's lacking honestly. He hates lifting though.

Reactions: bwel9339
DT has a similar build at this stage in life as JW.

IF, IF, JW is coachable and has the desire, he will be impressive in the near term.

Alirez won't be coming I guess. His message to Iowa is that he plans to stay put. Same answer for OSU mostly.
To be fair… Iowa isn’t a better destination for any of Alirez interest. Looks like NC found some extra funds but he hasn’t pulled his name officially yet. Stillwater was an upgrade before we got all this Olympic coaching. Just something to keep in mind.

Give DT some time to call him. When he pulls his name from the portal, then I’ll believe he is staying.
I lost track of Alirez, but to be honest, I note that neither he nor UNC issued any statements about his return like I would have expected. So I think yours and ShootWrestling's idea has legs. I think there is room for another party to crash the wedding.

The fact that he is still in the portal tells me that DT may have already contacted him. I would hope he did.

Wasn't the funder to hire DT an alum from UNColorado? Maybe he is funding Alirez to come to Stillwater? Who knows til it happens. Alirez is a class act and an amazing wrestler. I can not wait to see what the future has stored in for him.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT